“I could live here happily”

Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa
Ranked #27 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 13 February 2012

My return to Westward Look confirmed my judgement that this hotel/resort is a true gem. The welcome and service from the staff, the picturesque grounds and magnificant views, good quality food and good resources make this a pleasure to stay, a true home from home. Although the hotel was crowded during my first two days because of an exhibition using the hotel, staff still had time to talk and provide a high standard of service no matter whether they were reception, restaurant or room-service staff. I spent a most enjoyable week here and look forward to my return, as I will surely be making one!

Room Tip: I prefer a city view but others might like the desert view.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Christopher R
Write a ReviewReviews (2,910)

Reviewed 12 February 2012

I have stayed at Westward Look Resort four times. I love it there. The rooms are very nice and beds comfy. The staff is excellent. The location is nestled against the foothills but close to shopping/food. I would highly recommend this resort!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank clevegal
Reviewed 11 February 2012

We stayed in this resort for 2 nights. The overall experience was good but we didn't like the fact that our room didn't have a bath tub. The room was big and specious. There were tiny bugs on the sheets I don't know where they came from...we were horrified about it but except the bug issue, we liked the resort. There are a couple of restaurants in site and we tried the restaurant called the Gold. It's very expensive but the food was really good there the breakfast for 2 cost about $40 to $50. The dinner for 2 cost about $100 without alcohol. If you are ok with it, try the restaurant. The service was ok despite the fact that they made us wait about 10 minutes upon arrival of the front counter. We were about to leave then somebody finally came to greet us and set us a table. We were glad that we patiently waited because the food we ate were all good and the desert, chocolate nachos was delicious! The waiter who served us was very nice and friendly also. We would stay there again next time but deffinately request a room with bathtub and a Better view with no bugs...

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Kay A
Reviewed 10 February 2012

We always stay at the Westward Look and enjoy the story of it being the first resort in Tucson, this year celebrating it's 100th anniversary! Very comfortable, excellent food, wonderful staff, each stay has been a joy!

Room Tip: When the family stayed we had rooms next to each other surrounding the pool, very close.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank barbarak111
Reviewed 7 February 2012

We recently stayed at this resort and found it to be luxurious as far as the room and grounds went. They are dog friendly and the housekeeping staff was friendly and efficient. The bedding was super and they brought us a bottle opener within five minutes of the request. My only complaint was that my husband and i wanted to sit at the firepit outdoors overlooking the pool and have a cocktail in the evening and we waited almost 15 minutes for a waitress to notice us, another ten to get a menu, and then she didn't return to take our order. We decided to try inside for better service and were unfortunately stuck with the same waitress. When we finally got our drinks, we had a hard time getting a check and then she never returned for our credit card, so I got change from the bar-tender and left cash as we finally left to retire to our room. the drinks were very good, but not worth the hassle! Other than that, I would have said that the resort was fabulous. The views are noteworthy, there is a trail for hiking and a labyrinth of stones to contemplate. A lovely setting and a nice staff in general.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank coachwife
Reviewed 1 February 2012

I spent a week at the Westward Look for my vacation in August 2011. I loved it. It was convenient for my sightseeing excursions. The spa staff was friendly, professional and talented. The food was great, the room was comfortable, spacious and clean and the grounds were lovely. I admit that I got a great deal through Jetsetter which probably helped my impression, but I would go back there again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 February 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Westward Look Resort and were very pleased with the room, the location (right off the pool!), the breakfast, and the helpfulness of the staff. The only less-than-perfect detail is the lack of public transportation to and from the resort. Rather than pay the exorbitant price of a taxi to and from the resort (30 minutes or more), we rented a car. The resort is really well located (if you have transport!) for exploring the various mountain ranges and hiking trails found nearby. We also enjoyed visiting the Arizona-Sonoma Desert Museum while there.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business