“Wyndham stay review”

Ranked #29 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
TEMPE
“Wyndham stay review”
Reviewed 1 November 2012

I was extremely disappointed with the service at this hotel. Right when we pulled up to the front entrance, there was no one there to guide us, give us any information, or even take our bags. I had been traveling with one other guest and we were waiting there for an attendent to come out and direct us and take our bags to our room. That was not the case at all. We had to go in the lobby and ask what to do. We were told to park and then walk back to the lobby to check in. We still were not given anyone to help us with our bags and were not even offered help. We then parked and took our bags to the lobby and checked in. After check in, we asked to to do with our bags and were told that we were suppose to leave them in our car and then drive to our room with them. The gentleman was also rude when he told us this and acted as if we were suppose to know what to do. I was extremely turned off right off the bat and I still had asked him to help us with our bags. He then told us to walk back to our car and then meet him where his cart was in the front and follow him. He did not help us into the room with our bags. I was also very disappointed with the housekeeping. We did not have any service until our third day there. No one had come to the room to clean at all, and then when they finally came late afternoon on the third day, it was not a convenient time and they should have shown up earlier to clean our room. I have never stayed in a hotel that has even missed one day that housekeeping does not clean your room. I was very upset by this and thought it was terrible service. Also, the prices for the movie rentals were ridiculous! $17 to rent a movie for a night? You can buy a DVD for that! Once again, I have never stayed at a hotel where movie rentals cost more than $5, and I have stayed at a lot of hotels.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

2 Thank DANA D
DYamada, General Manager at Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 20 December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and other Trip Advisor Readers. As difficult as it is to read about your experience, your feedback is truly appreciated and important to us in our on-going journey of continual improvement. As noted by the many of the other comments, your experience was certainly not the norm and I would love the opportunity to personally discuss this with you.If you would please reach out to me directly to this end…Sincerely,David Yamada General Manager Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort & Spa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed 29 October 2012

I have been coming here for 6-7 years as part of a bi-annual business trip and quite honestly, I did not really enjoy the Westward Look when I first visited. It claimed to possess charm and “old West” charm, but in reality, it was just dilapidated and mediocre. However, over the past few years, they have been renovating all of the rooms, the workout facility, several of the business areas, as well as the pool – and now the Westward Look is a very relaxing oasis. This isn’t a sprawling mega-resort by any stretch, and the facilities reflect that (the pool is nice, but not huge; the workout room has nice equipment and some weights, but is relatively small), but what they do have is well done. The resort also sits very close to several trail heads for hiking and these can be easily accessed by either a 2.53 mile jog (courtesy of MapMyRun) or a 2 minute car ride. The restaurants and bars are quite nice as well, although predictably expensive. A few odd things include: during my most recent stay, the toilet was positioned so close to the shower, the shower door could barely open; the showers doors appear to leak in many rooms (a comment echoed my many at the recent meeting); breakfast service can range from perfectly fine to shockingly slow (as I joined friends 2 minutes after they sat down and then proceeded to sit there for the next 20 minutes without the waitress sticking her head out of the kitchen area – so I had iced tea and water). Overall, a very nice place and if you can, request a room by the pool as this can make it a perfectly relaxing visit (plus you can buy a nice 6 pack of beer down at Whole Foods ¼ mile away and keep it in your room and avoid the$8 beers).

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business