“Daddy's get away for spring break” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa

Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa
Ranked #28 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Plainfield, Illinois
“Daddy's get away for spring break”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2013

I was intially going to travel to Corpus Christi until global cooling hit there and it was going to be to cool for me. I started to search for an alternative 4 days before I was to leave. Florida was cold so I looked towards the dessert and decided on Tucson AZ! When I was looking for a place to stay I stumbled onto this resort. I am very happy that I did. It is very well kept and clean. The staff is amazing everyone of them say hello when you pass by. The resort has three pools! The water is perfectly treated and clean. I stayed in a Jr. Suite with a beautful view!

Room Tip: Get a Jr. Suite!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DYamada, General Manager at Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 2 April 2013
I am so happy to hear that your Daddy's Spring Break Getaway here at Westward Look met and exceeded all of your expectations. The high marks you have awarded us are truly appreciated and we hope Tucson and the Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort will be on your travel agenda again in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
Maynard, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2013

The normal check in time for this hotel is 4PM (check out is 11AM). We knew we would be arriving at noon and we called ahead at 10:30AM to ask if our room could be ready. We were told that the cleaning of our room would be given top priority. We arrived at noon and were told our room was very nice but it was not ready and the earliest it would be ready would be after 1PM. I told front desk clerk that we would be happy with any room. The desk clerk, named Ally, said there were no other rooms. Right at this time a woman arrived to check in with the second clerk at the front desk. The clerk asked her "2 beds ?" and gave her the keys to her room. This was after Ally told me there were no other rooms. Our reservation was also for a "2 beds". I pointed this out to Ally and she said "maybe it just popped up". I guess this is possible but not very likely. I think Ally just did not feel like switching us to another available room, which would have taken some work. She seemed to have a bad attitude and acted annoyed. I would have given this hotel a higher rating if it were not for the poor check in. It also seems that it should not take over 2 and 1/2 hours to get a room cleaned when it is high priority.
We came by later around 4PM and the room was ready. It was on the east side of the hotel. The east side rooms do not have a good view. The rooms on the west side have a much better view - the mountains to the west of Tucson. We have stayed in rooms on the west side of the hotel in the past.
The breakfast at the Gold room was not very good. We had Heuvos Rancheros which tasted like yesterdays old cooked hamburger with canned beans in a purple corn tortilla. It was inedible.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side have the best views.
Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us and other TripAdvisor Readers. Please accept my sincerest apology as what you have described is certainly not representative of the norm. I have shared your comments with our key management staff to address your front desk staff encounter. Again, definitely not a normal encounter. We sincerely hope the issues you encountered will not have a permanent impact on your view of our resort and that you will give us another chance to replace your present thoughts about Westward Look Resort with much more pleasant memories.
Best Regards, David Yamada, General Manager
Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort & Spa
San Pedro
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2013

Beautiful location - great hotel with some areas that need attention - easy fixes i.e. ceramic coffee cups instead of plastic, a working screen door - I mean we are in the desert and like to open the sliding door. The food was very good but the menu was very limited - no vegetarian choice, except for salad. The room furniture is very outdated - goes back to the time when we first visited the Westward Look in the 70's............

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

DYamada, General Manager at Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 28 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us regarding your recent stay at Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort & Spa. We appreciate you letting us know where we excelled and where we need improvement so that we can implement changes to ensure that all future guests have a pleasant stay. I have shared your comments with the appropriate department managers regarding the guestroom screen door and adding vegetarian options to our menus. I am happy to know that overall you had a pleasant stay and that we met most of your expectations. We look forward to having you visit us again in the future. Best Regards, David Yamada, General Manager, Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort & Spa