“Well done older property”

Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa
Ranked #29 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Dallas, Texas, United States
“Well done older property”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We loved our one night stay here. We are traveling from Dallas to Carlsbad, CA and I wanted to give the kids something more than the typical stays on the highway. This Wyndam is off the beaten path with nice restaurants in the area. A long winding drive leads you to the lobby. The staff that welcomed us were extremely nice and helpful. Our room was spacious and very well done. While the outside gives away that the buildings have been here awhile, the remodeling on the inside is excellent. Beds are very comfortable. Our one complaint is really not the hotel's fault. We were near the pool, so my son's immediately put on their swim suits and went swimming. My 13-year old got in the hot tub and a lady got in after him and started smoking while sitting in the hot tub full of people. Everyone got out but her. I found this be extremely rude on her part. We were told when we checked in that this non-smoking property both inside and out. I wasn't there or I would have said something, but it caused my boys to come back to the room even though they would have like to have stayed and swam more. We drove off-site to eat, so I cannot report about the dining here. We enjoyed our stay very much and will return!

Room Tip: We are in room 135 which has a nice view out the huge sliding windows. The front porch with chairs...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
DYamada, General Manager at Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Brooke R,

Let me begin by saying thank you for the high praise and marks. It was a pleasure to hear that you had a great time staying with us. It was certainly disheartening to hear about the incident you described. If a similar situation arises the next time you stay with us, then please let us know.

Again, thank you for sharing and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town!

Best wishes and safe travels!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I attended a conference at this beautiful hotel and spa in January 2012 and again in January 2014 but was not a guest in the hotel; so, I can only comment on what I experienced. The meeting rooms were at the top of a hill, down a driveway that is beautifully landscaped with multiple kinds of cactus and other desert plants. The hotel has its own restaurants and gift shop and is a not-too-far walking distance from numerous other dining and shopping options just "down the street" on Ina Road at Oracle Road. The food that I ate at the conference's receptions and lunch on the roof top patio was quite good.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
DYamada, General Manager at Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear JTM M,

Thank you so much for taking time to share your experience at our resort. Your review and high marks are truly appreciated!

We have a wonderful “Baja Bound” summer special available now through September 18th, with great rates and a Passport of savings, providing nice discount savings to encourage you to experience our entire resort facilities. A few to note … from horseback riding, tennis, biking and hiking, to our award winning Food and Beverage outlets (our GOLD restaurant has received the AAA 4-Diamonds Award for the past 20 consecutive years.

Hopefully you’ll have the opportunity to return and partake!!

Thanks again!!

All the best and safe travel …
Tucson
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Ramondo was a tower of knowledge. He was kind, informative and I wish I could have spent more time soaking in his energy.
Also when my husband was overcome with heat stroke, the staff responded immediately with hydrating drinks and a ride back to the room
Thank You Thank You to all.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Dear Sergio P,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your most recent experience with us and the other readers. The high marks are greatly appreciated!

Raymundo, our Landscape Manager, has been on property for 28 years! He is an excellent source of knowledge and the perfect example of our Wyndham Count-On-Me culture and philosophy.

I am also delighted to hear that your husband is doing well and that our staff was responsive to his needs!

We will certainly look forward to your next visit!

All the best and safe travels …
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This hotel was referred by my friend. However, I faced the unprofessional customer service at the restaurant, the waitress couldn't help me to choose from big variety of cocktails they can offer, she couldn't tell me more about specific dish from Menu. I was very disappointed that waitress can't represent chef's dish for customers. All what she did care was tips in the end.
In the morning when I was coming back with my girlfriend to room after breakfast, our way was blocked by "King" snake and at the same time next building had the lizard.
My girlfriend said to me "thank you" for the great choice of hotel, after great experience in hiking in Tucson to face after all with such a bad customer service and safety in this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Dear Benyamin Y,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your more recent experience with us. Please accept my sincerest apology, as it is clear that the service you received was not up to our normal high standards. I have shared this with our Director of Food and Beverage to address with his team to ensure such an incident in never replicated.

We would certainly love for you to return and provide us the opportunity to leave you and your friend with much fonder memories of our resort. We have some great summer specials and please feel free to reach out to me directly to help with the accommodation reservations.

Looking forward to the opportunity to have you back!

All the best and safe travels …