“Great stay, poor organization.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa

Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa
Ranked #28 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
“Great stay, poor organization.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

It took me a few visits to their website, and a 30 minute phone call to just make my reservation. (Overseas call center)
When I checked in I was assured my reservation was correct. On my 3rd day my key didn't work. A quick visit to the desk, he assured me my reservation wasn't wrong, just that the keys had been too close to my phone or something. 30 minutes later I got a phone call asking why my belongings were still in the room. (Uh, because I didn't check out until the next day!)

The room was nice, spacious, great views. A bit of mold in the shower, the carpet felt rough on bare feet, so I wore shoes the entire stay.

Parking was a nightmare over the weekend, but during the week was much better.

The spa is dreamy, and the grounds are well maintained. For a very old establishment they've done a fantastic job keeping it modern, and disguising the age.

Other than the difficulties with the reservation, all else was good.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
DYamada, General Manager at Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Juliette,

Thank you for the high marks and thoughtful review. I was happy to hear that overall you had a wonderful time staying with us. Next time you make a reservation with us, please call the resort directly during normal business hours Arizona time to speak to our on-site reservationists. They will be more than happy to help you.

Once more thank you for sharing and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Even at a steeply discounted rate I am not overly satisfied with my stay here. I do not recommend for couples as a getaway. Great for families as there were more children running amuck than adults. The pool is small, the food is over priced, the staff is friendly but slightly unprofessional and too casual. Call me old fashioned I appreciate being treated a certain way at a "resort". The tv cut in and out, the phone only worked sometimes, the wifi is terribly slow. Then, I left my phone charger plugged into the wall. Called the "resort" about 5 hours later when I noticed. The room had been cleaned and my charger was "not turned in". Hmmmmm... Now I know I left it there, for a fact. Where it ended up? Who knows! I can only speculate and don't expect to ever see it again..... Disappointing lack of quality, lack of integrity, and overall value. Don't think id stay here again unless I'm looking for a place to let my kids run around.

• Stayed July 2014
      Location
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Gloria A
Dear Gloria A,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on your recent stay. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the experience that you have had. I have shared your comments with key management team members, re-emphasizing our focus to deliver a Wyndham Grand experience to our guests. You will be happy to hear that we are currently updating our television/wifi systems to improve service to guest rooms. Again, thank you for sharing and I only hope you will afford us another opportunity to leave you with fonder memories.

Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed 2 nights one weekend at this resort. The grounds where beautiful representation of our gorgeous desert area. We did hang out at the pool and there was 80's music and a drinks. Nothing extravagant but nice and comfortable. The breakfast was included and it was very good. The room was large and bed very comfortable. You do have to pay additional for parking. The only thing I can really complain about is that there were bugs in our room. I hate bugs and the first night we had a giant flying ant and a flying knat. Ok they were flying so I understand but the next night there was a large beetle and a HUGE black spider. Then I woke up with a bug bite. I am just a freak about bugs and do not like sharing my space with them. Considering the area of the desert, it probably comes with the territory. Other than the bugs, it was worth the discount rate we saved on our groupon.

Room Tip: We had the suite and there was a lot of room
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear Alissa S,

Thank you for the high marks and thoughtful review. It sounds like you got to enjoy a little bit of everything here and had a wonderful time doing so. Next time you stay with us please let us know if you have an issue with your room and we will be more than happy to help you.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in town!
Camarillo, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

I really like this place. It is my second visit and I think the staff is wonderful the rooms are big and comfortable. The food is really good and the pool and grounds are lovely. The price during off season is very resonable I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: If you want quiet during the hot months don't book on the pool but if you have kids go for it!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DYamada, General Manager at Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Charlie C,

Thank you for your continued patronage, your high marks and glowing review. It is a pleasure to hear that our staff was attentive and responsive to your needs. Your kind words are very reinforcing to the efforts of our entire staff. Again, thank you for sharing and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you’re in town.

San Diego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

We were traveling with adult children and had adjacent rooms. After our day of driving it was heavenly to drive into this spectacularly landscaped desert setting and find wonderful rooms amidst the array of specimen plants and flowers (many of them labeled) . Parking was conveniently close to lodging units. Rooms were spacious with patios looking over the desert, super pillows and bedding, and huge extended bathrooms with double sinks. So quiet and peaceful! In summer their dinner restaurant is only open on certain days, but from past experience it was excellent--this time we were referred to Wildflower Restaurant--about 3 minutes away--which was superb.(see review under restaurants) Breakfast at Westward look was wonderful, lots of menu choices including eggs benedict, bagel and lox, plus all the basic choices. Food was beautifully presented and service was friendly with both inside and outside seating. . Internet was spotty and reported to receptionist, and with the recent Wyndham ownership the décor lacks some of the old southwest charm that we remembered from a past visit--still a perfect place to stay, just a little north of all Tucson has to offer.

Room Tip: Rooms around the pool might tend to be noisy.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
Dear SpringValleyCarol,

Thank you for the high marks and glowing review. I was happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us. Since you enjoyed our grounds so much, the next time you stay with us might I suggest a guided tour of grounds with Raymundo, our Landscape Manager, I think you will enjoy it a lot. Also, even though GOLD is closed for dinner Sunday through Tuesday, our other restaurant Lookout Bar & Grille is open until 10 PM. Again, thank you for sharing and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in town.