“NOT UP TO PAR”

Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa
Ranked #30 of 128 Hotels in Tucson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I live in Tucson and went to the Spa with 2 friends for a birthday celebration. We all rec'd 90 minute massages and a facial. I love body work and enjoy massages regularly. The massage and facial were 2 of the best treatments I've ever received! I thought perhaps I'd gotten the two best practitioners but my 2 friends came out raving about how great their practitioners were as well! I go back on a regular basis even though I can pay less in town. Fantastic services with really awesome products (organic, natural skin care line and aromatherapy). YES!

Room Tip: I didnt stay at the hotel but I did use the lap pool. It has an incredible view of the Mountains!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
DYamada, General Manager at Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear RebeccaA675,

It is a pleasure to hear that you and your friends enjoy our spa services. We pride ourselves on incorporating the Sonoran Desert and natural products into our spa treatments. Thank you for taking the time and writing such a glowing review.

We certainly look forward to see you again in the not too distant future!
Reviewed 18 August 2014

My Husband and I priceline.com our stay in Tucson. We went to pick up materials for a job site. All I can say is the stay there was too short. The staff did everything possible to have a satisfied guest. There was a couple that wanted the main pool open after a bad thunderstorm. The staff took care and opened the pool in two hours. I suffer from insomnia but slept easily. I enjoy the beauty of the desert and this resort highlights the Sonoran Desert. I want to return and stay longer than two days. We had a wonderful but pricey breakfast.

Beware is you priceline it the 20.00 resort fee are not included in your bid.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear DeliaOralia O,

Thank you for your glowing review and high marks. It was a pleasure to hear that we met and exceeded all of your expectations during your stay.

Right now we are running a special promotion called the chill factor, it includes a $30 food credit and waived resort fee. I think you will enjoy it.

We are happy you enjoyed your time here and we look forward to seeing you again.
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We decided to stay at the Westward Look because they had the best deals for summer. Their rate even included a food and beverage credit of $30.00. We booked a room with a pool view since last time we chose a desert view room. We are from Arizona so we don't need to see anymore of the desert. We checked in early and our room was ready. Ali at the front desk was very friendly and welcoming. She gave us information and a map on the hiking trails around the resort and explained that it would be easy for the kids. Our room was good sized, we had plenty of pillows and lots of towels. Our room had a private patio and the main pool was right outside our door. Actually everything was just a short walk away.

After we were settled in we explored the property. The hiking trails are great for people of all ages. They have all the local plant life marked so you can tell what it is. This is great for the kids. Along the trail you will discover the "Chef's garden" which is a must to explore. It has lots of fruits and veggies growing all around. They have three pools that are all kept up nicely. We didn't see any bugs or debris in any of the pools. The resort is older and could use a new coat of paint and some minor repairs on the outside. The important part is the room you are sleeping in and it's up kept nicely. Very clean and quiet. The air conditioning worked great in the 104 degree heat of Tucson.

For dinner we decided on the "Lookout grill". It's named the lookout because it overlooks the city of Tucson. It's so gorgeous especially during the monsoon season. We dined while watching a lightening show over the city lights. The service was slow but you don't mind when your relaxing and taking in the view. Our waitress was very nice and great with the kids. She made sure their food come out first as they were hungry. The food was hot and tasted great. The kids said the burger was the best they have ever had.

We woke up the next day and the kids went swimming first thing in the morning.They didn't want to go home just yet so I called the front desk and asked for an extended check out time. They said we could check out at noon which was perfect. We had a great time at the Westward Look resort and will definitely be back soon. This is a great place for couples and families alike.

Room Tip: The pool view rooms can be very loud because of the music playing around the main pool but they are...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Actually3,

It was a pleasure to read your review about our property and staff and to know that your stay at Westward Look was enjoyable. I have passed your thoughts on to Ali because your high praise means so much to us. Ali is an amazing person and sets a great example for all to follow. Next time you stay with us, ask the front desk about our guided nature tour. I think you and your family will enjoy it.

We are happy you enjoyed your time here and thank you for taking the time to share. We look forward to seeing you again in the not too distant future!

Was in Tucson 8/6/14
Spend the night in Westward Look Hotel now owned by Wyndham.
Used to live in Tucson from 1978 till 1983.Westward Look was still the only real resort in town.
But it is still worthwhile a visit,great service and wonderful desert location.
Will Definetely go again on my way to California!
Nostalgia payed of this time!
Thanks for the hospitality!
Simone Westra

Room Tip: Cannot go wrong with the rooms it is a very quite location
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Dear Simone,

Thank for taking the time and writing such a glowing review. It is always a pleasure to receive such high marks.

We certainly look forward to seeing you again in the not too distant future!

Best wishes and safe travels!
miami, florida
Reviewed 18 August 2014

As a former concierge service can make or break a hotel. This place had the most outstanding guest service that other hotels could learn a lot how to treat guests. The bellman and a gentleman named Lou showed me five different rooms until I found a perfect one on the south side of the property that would be my perfect home for five days. Lou, my knight in shining armor and in a golf cart managed to find me a coffee maker so I could brew my coffee every morning. The bellman were more than happy to drive me to my room especially since parking was scare the weekend I was there.
The banquet staff was amazing accommodating my crazy food allergies and I always had enough yummy food to eat at all meals. One of the banquet people actually sat down with me to make sure I was covered at every meal.
The propery was a little older but I found it funky and charming. The meeting areas were nice and comfortable. I felt very comfortable in my room and slept like I was in a coma every night.
A plus on guest service all around for this very good value hotel. I really enjoyed my stay and I know the next time I will have a positive stay at this cute little place that accommodates their guests perfectly.

Room Tip: Stay on the ground or second level rooms. The ones that are subterranean are weird and have no light...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear acumom,

Thank you for the glowing review and high marks. It is a pleasure to hear you had an excellent time and that our staff was attentive to all your needs. Lou is an amazing person and sets a great example for all to follow and I have passed on your thoughts to him.

We look forward to seeing you in the future when your travels lead you our way again!