“3rd stay and going strong...”

Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa
Ranked #29 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Lovettsville, Virginia
“3rd stay and going strong...”
Reviewed 13 April 2009

I have been to this resort in 05, 06, and April 2009. My husband came for a work assignment, and I and my 17 year old daughter tagged along. This was her first visit to Arizona and she too fell in love with the desert and this resort. All dealings with the staff were professional and friendly. But for our family, the views, the hot tub, and nature walks and horseback riding are what make this resort so wonderful. Enjoy the sunsets and sunrises, both over the mountains, right in your own backyard. My husband needed the car during the day, so my daughter and I had only the resort to pass the day away. We were never short of ways to enjoy our day. We spent hours walking on the trails, taking pictures of the wildlife (hummingbirds, lizards, and bunnies), cacti, petrified wood, and unusual rocks, swimming in the pool, and time in the hot tub. We ate a delicious breakfast every day at the hotel restaurant on the patio with sparrows keeping us company. We experienced an afternoon thunderstorm which left the desert smelling incredible. We wouldn't stay anywhere else in Tucson.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed 26 March 2009

What a great experience! Service was excellent from the front desk to the service guys who came in no time to show me how to hook up my ipod to the TV. The grounds, the view, our balcony, the room ... it was all wonderful. Be sure to check Hotwire for incredible prices that make this resort an unbelievable deal. The one and only downside was the lack of kids over the age of six -- not good news for our social 15 and 10 year olds. Lots of shopping and restaurants in the area ... including a Trader Joes!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank GuinnessGuy
Boston, MA.
Reviewed 25 March 2009

I just returned from 5 days at the Westward Look Resort in Tucson and it was incredible. Upon check in the desk gave me an upgrade to a suite with a private patio and jacuzzi I didn't eat in the resort restaurants because there are many choices just a few miles form the resort's entrance. While you are there, however, you feel like you are miles away form sprawl of the downtown area. I had two masages, each a bit different, but both wonderful. There are two pools, one for recreation, and another for laps located at the fitness center. The fitness center is quite nice, and the tennis courts are great. I can't think of one thing that I would change about the place. I read so many reviews concerend about the possibility of noisy construction and apathetic staff. NOT SO! There is a little construction going on, but it is barely noticeable and has little to no impact on a guest's stay. I am alredy planning on going back this summer just to get back to that place I was on my last day...BLISS!
JUST GO!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled solo
Orange County, CA
Reviewed 19 March 2009

I fell in love with the desert and Westward Look Resort certainly had alot to do with it. My family and I just spent a few days at this resort and I couldn't have been more pleased. The grounds are gorgeous with beautiful desert gardens, hiking trails, horseback riding, tennis courts, multiple pools, onsite dining, and a Sonoran Spa. The rooms felt more like staying at a friends home than a hotel. They have all been recently updated with flat screen televisions, comfortable beds, and gorgeous walk in showers. The room service was fantastic and I highly recommend the chocolate nachos. I found this resort to be a fantastic place for families and would definitely come back again.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Doubleadventure
Las Vegas
Reviewed 6 March 2009

From the moment we checked in until the time we checked out, the service was first class!! Room was plush and the view was beautiful. Aside for the toilet seat that slid back and forth, they stay was perfect. We'll be back for our 25th !!!
Thank you Westward Look Staff !!!!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
colorado
Reviewed 24 February 2009

This hotel had me from the moment we checked in! Front desk was wonderful, rooms were wonderful, pool was great, room service and restaurant staff excellent. We are already looking for an excuse to return!!!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
Toronto Canada
Reviewed 24 February 2009

We just loved the resort. We had a decadent suite with a hot tub and second patio- a dream come true. The resort was incredibly beautiful, most rooms recently renovated. The restaurant was pricey but fantastic (new chef). Service was impeccable. The surroundings were beautiful- we loved the Sonoran desert. There was enough to do in Tucson to keep our eleven-yr-old busy as well. Spa was wonderful! We're already planning our next trip.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family