“3rd Stay, Just as good.”

Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa
Ranked #28 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Manchester
“3rd Stay, Just as good.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2005

One of my favourite places to relax. Would stay longer if I could. Love the climate and altitude.

Stayed September 2005
1 Thank Fravellist

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
Fort Wayne IN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2005

I highly recommend this resort. We spent two nights there and wish it could have been longer. The rooms are very spacious and comfortable with separate dressing area and sitting room. The Gold Room was a real treat at any meal, and worth the price. We walked on their nature trail and in the hummingbird garden and I took a lot of great photos. There are great restaurants and shopping close by. The resort is very quiet and filled with lush greenery. The spa is not to be missed. I am very glad we stayed there and wish we were there now!

5 Thank bbroown3333
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2005

Whatever you do, do not book a room with this hotel over the internet without seeing it first. The pictures and descriptions are completely misleading!!! Consider yourself warned. It is totally run down and filthy. My wife and I made this mistake and reserved a room for a week. After flying from New York, we checked in and saw, to our horror, the nasty room and the totally unnatural suburban environment/locale with dumpsters scattered around the premises. When we attempted to check out immediately and get our money back, Westward look refused to give us anything. The hotel was not even closely filled to capacity. We had to argue for days before we eventually settled for half of the week's payment. We eventually made the wise choice to fork over the money to stay at the Westin.

Whatever you do, do not be misled by the promotional materials!

Stayed March 2005
16 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2005

In my opinion you have lost the best thing the resort had going for it . The gold room chef . I could not even dream of food as good as his. I have to ask myself if I'm dreaming with evey bite because food this good can
not be real.

• Stayed September 2005
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Boston, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2005

This was by far our favorite place ever. My family just returned from a week's vacation in ME and said how Westward Look is still our favorite place ever.

The room was wonderful, lots for the kids to do. We went at Christmas time when the cactus were decorated with Christmas lights and there were cactus wreaths. A wonderful family retreat.

• Stayed December 2000
4 Thank robyn6002
Denver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2005

After living in Tucson most of my life, I had always heard how wonderful the Westward Look was, but never had the chance to stay there. I brought my son back to visit my family and we reserved a one room suite. The views were awesome and the service was fantastic. I also had a chance to use their spa services for a massage and it was one of the best I ever had. I enjoy staying in four and five star hotels and for the price, this was the best deal in Tucson. They even had "explorer kits" for the kids at check-in. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2005
5 Thank amazonsuz2
Metz, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2005

Located north of Tucson, this resort looked nice. We stayed here 3 nights in July 2005. Each little building had 6 rooms on 3 floors, we got a suite-sized room with patio, it was very large with bathroom (a bit old) & dressing room and beautifully decorated. The resort had very well maintained gardens and three little pools + jacuzzi. The drawbacks were the breakfast in the (overrated ?) Gold Room (high price for just average food) and the proximity of the road (a little bit noisy evenings on the patio with a debatable desert view). The staff was on the whole friendly and we got an attractive "3 nights stay" (summer) rate.

• Stayed July 2005