Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Comfort Suites at Sabino Canyon(Tucson)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$82
US$193
US$173
Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites(Tucson)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$256
US$272
US$264
2,966 results
All reviewsgold roomchef's gardengold restaurantlower poollookout barmain pooljunior suitetennis courtshorseback ridingdesert viewnature trailwalking trailsbeautiful groundswhole foodshot tubour room was spaciousfitness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 February 2007

I went to Westward Look Resort in Tucson for 4 nights alone to do some spa stuff and take a local tour. I LOVED my suite room. Had the sink in the bathroom, as well as a wet bar sink and even another sink so would be great for 2 or more folks. Room was nicely decorated, faced the mountains. I ate in the Gold Room the first night, it was some of the most delicious food I've ever eaten. They have their own chef's garden and it was one of the reasons the produce tastes so fresh! I also ate in the bar area one night and the food was good, too. The entire staff is just wonderful. I also used George Morrison for an all-day tour one day. He was terrific! His contact info is ---. I would highly recommend this lovely place for anyone: couples, honeymooners, singles, girlfriends, etc. I live in NJ, close to NYC and was a flight attendant years ago for American and am a very knowledgeable and sophisticated traveler! Enjoy!

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank jansjourneys
Reviewed 15 February 2007

Loved it here. The staff was amazing - except that they lost our reservations at the Gold restaurant on my birthday, but they did pay for our dessert and give us a nice table instead. The grill restaurant was above and beyond, we ate there every night (except for the bday night). They also had a great Christmas buffet.
The grounds of the resort were amazing, loved the natural hiking area through the cactus.
My boyfried, who isn't that keen on travelling was so pleased with this place that he wants to go back soon!
Thanks to the staff at the resort and the spa - we had a perfect Christmas.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Crystal72
Reviewed 2 January 2007

Not sure if this is considered a 3-star or 4-star, we got mixed info depending on the source. Employees are superior when it comes to smiles and courtesy, but not so efficient. $12 per day RESORT FEE may not be included if you got a package deal with on-line booking. Grounds varied: you might get lovely gardens or mountain views, or you may get stuck looking at a parking lot and loading dock. Rent a car, you'll need it in Tucson. Hotel location is nicely situtated midway between Saguaro Nat'l Park West and Sabino Canyon. Not near downtown, airport or Saguaro East. Rooms were clean, spacious. Maid failed to bring in-room coffee cups after 2 days or requests. Grille restaurant had great food, too bad the live band was obnoxiously loud and waitress forgot she had customers. The brunch in the Gold Room was tasty, but pricey with neglectful servers. Nice pool & tennis courts. Gym was horribly small and useless. Gift shop was superior, but stuck in an out-of-the-way location. Mattress was confortable, pillows were not. Bathroom area was huge, but shower heads were terrible. Soaps and lotions were great. Room could use some updating, the ants on the baseboards didn't bother us. Views from "desert view room" were a let-down. A room by the main pool, though smaller, is a better choice due to location and view.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled as a couple
2  Thank toddinparis
Reviewed 4 December 2006

We stayed at Westward look for 4 nights in April 2006. Wanted to stay at La Paloma or Ventana, but their rates were prohibitive, and Westward offered a pretty good deal on weekdays. Have not tried the Gold Room, which is supposed to be one of the nice area restaurants, not just the resort restaurant. Rooms are on the bigger side, but a bit dark. The bathroom is designed so that the sink area is part of the bedroom area, so if you're getting up to use the restroom, etc, you'll wake up your companions. Too far to walk to the pool area from many rooms, unless you're near the main pool, but that's a lot less private. Service was OK, neither good nor bad, which is not much to say for a resort-grade property, even if the one at the bottom of the list. Main resort building and the offerings (shops, Starbucks cart, etc.) are not imaginative at all.

The outdoor setting is very beautiful, though, as well as the surrounding trails; chef's garden is a nice touch.

Going back to Tucson for Christmas - staying at the Lodge at Ventana Canyon, we'll see how they stack up.

Stayed: November 2006
1  Thank Angie415
Reviewed 1 December 2006

We have now stayed twice at the Westward Look and enjoyed it very much on both occasions. We may have been fortunate with the location of our rooms; both times we had a pleasant room with a secluded terrace and a nice outlook of desert vegetation which was visited by an amazing variety of birds. We enjoyed the restaurant for breakfast, lunch (surprisingly good value) and dinner (expensive but good). The sports bar was fine, too with good music at weekends.

I'd like to put in a special mention for the tennis centre where they find playing partners to match your standard. This is a good opportunity for meeting local Tucson residents. The coach, Tom Lepisto, was really friendly and helpful and the racquet that I rented was the best that I have ever played with, so good in fact that I bought an identical model when I returned home.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Cyber-Sal