“Always the best!”

Ranked #29 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
az
“Always the best!”
Reviewed 21 January 2011

WW Look is in a word classic. Service is wonderful, location stellar and it is the best of what Arizona has to offer. I am here often for business and the front desk folks always remember me. The location is stellar, the rooms are wonderful and the service is excellent. Rooms are lovely, beds are comfy and the amenities are excellent!

This is what Arizona is all about!! Stay here and as the song says....don't worry be happy....

1 Thank kmjg
WWLmarketing, General Manager at Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 9 February 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your kind words. I’m happy to hear you have consistently enjoyed your stays with us, and that you’ve enjoyed the warmth of both Arizona and Westward Look hospitality! I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Alan Klein, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (332)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 19 January 2011

Had a business trip which took me to Tucson, and having never been, wasn't sure what to expect but the Westward Look Resort made the trip a breeze. My room was a very nice setup with a comfortable king bed and a large bath and closet. Ate multiple meals onsite and food was tasty and served by personable staff that acted interested in you being there. Bar area was quite spacious with multiple flat screens enabling the sports addict in me to watch what I wanted to.

Registration and bell staff were also very helpful. In fact my only negative was the high priced merchandise in the store, which I also felt closed a little too early (5 pm) for those that spent the day working or sight seeing.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
I’m glad you enjoyed your first trip to Tucson, and that you enjoyed your stay with us as both a business traveler and “sports addict.” I’m particularly pleased to hear that we helped make your trip a breeze and that the staff treated you well. This indicates to me that we are achieving our goals and making all of our guests feel at home. Thank you, too for your feedback about our store. I always appreciate input that can help us improve our services. I hope we’ll see you and your colleagues again soon. Thanks for choosing Westward Look.

Providence
Reviewed 11 January 2011

This was my second trip to Westward Look, and my second time with a teenage son along.
Not much to add to my first review, but I'll reiterate a few of the most striking features and add one or two new thoughts.
1. The rooms are very spacious and comfortable.
2. We again heard absolutely nothing from neighbors, so I'm surprised that a few reviewers complain about noise.
3. The tennis is excellent, with equipment provided at no charge when you pay a very reasonable court fee.
4. There are three pools and "spas" (large Jacuzzis). The pools are heated and I enjoyed my swims a lot, even in January (high in the mid 60s).
5. Free wireless in rooms (a bit slow), free use of computers in business center.
6. The dining at Gold is fine, but nothing to get excited about.
7. The staff is just perfect. (And I am a low-maintenance traveler so I almost never comment on the staff at a hotel in my TripAd reviews.)
8. I strongly agree with other reviewers who prefer the Sonoran feel of Westward Look to the more "golf course" style of nearby competitors.
9. Great mountain hikes very nearby.

Finally, I thought we got very good value. Of course, if TripAdvisor keeps racking up great reviews, next January it may not be so cheap!

1 Thank Crito0
It’s so nice to hear from a repeat visitor to our resort! Thank you so much for your return to Westward Look and your updated and detailed feedback! I’m glad to hear you’ve been consistently happy with the accommodations, activities, value and service. I’m especially happy to hear that our staff rated a “perfect” from someone who, by his own account, “almost never comments on the staff.” That’s high praise indeed. I’m also glad to hear that not only was your room comfortable, but that you were not disturbed by noise. We work hard to ensure our guests’ comfort.

As Tucson’s first resort, we’re very proud of our distinctive Sonoran Desert atmosphere and are always happy to hear our guests have enjoyed the ambiance and surroundings. We look forward to seeing you and serving you again in the future.
Mill Valley, California
Reviewed 10 January 2011

I travel a LOT. This time, I drove from the ranch in Texas to my little rental cottage in Marin County. On the way, i took advantage of a winter special to stay at Westward Look. Amazing!
What other hotel offers "cook with the chef" nights, or "take a guided tour of our garden" mornings, along with outstanding masseuses, fabulous rooms, and breathtaking views? The sweetest part is that it has its origins in a family lodge of rare quality, so that permeates the place. Total joy, staff are terrific, and the whole experience is relaxing, beautiful, and full of free fruit off of the zillion trees they have. My top endorsement for beauty, for authenticity, luxury without stuffiness, and dadgum gorgeous AZ views. Bravo! Be sure to visit Pico de Gallo if in Tucson.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
WWLmarketing, General Manager at Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 17 January 2011
Thank you for your kind feedback! We’re always happy to hear from our guests and thrilled when they enjoy their stay and the activities and services we have to offer. I hope you’ll come stay with us again soon!

Milpitas, California
Reviewed 24 December 2010

My wife, son and myself stayed at the Westward Look Resort for two days while visiting family. We wanted to stay in a desert setting near the Catalina Mountains - superb view and nice outdoors experience. The Westward Look exceeded our expectations.

We have in the past stayed at the Westin La Paloma and Loew's Ventana Canyon - also both in the foothills. I would say the Westward Look matched Loew's and exceeded La Paloma - at least for our tastes.

The main attribute that we enjoyed at Westward Look is the large grounds that preserve a true Sonoran Desert feel. That is why we come to Tucson. The rooms are spread out widely on the grounds, and help to preserve a more natural and quiet setting. While I found no fault with the accomodations at La Paloma -- it is a newer and more "commercial" design. This unfortunately tends to "remove it from the local environment" and provide a resort that could be located anywhere. Go to Westward Look for the out-of-doors, southwest experience. Go to La Paloma for golf.

The staff was very accomodating and friendly. Our upgraded (+$20) room had a beautiful view of the entire Tucson valley. Occupancy was relatively low during the weekdays in advance of the Christmas weekend, and our stay was very quiet and comfortable.

I would mention two items that I believe could improve the establishment.

The non-king beds in the rooms should really be queen beds, not doubles. There is plenty of space in the room for a larger bed. We crowded two to one bed, and it didn't work well.

Additionally, the property does show a lack of "preventative" maintenance. I think the resort skimps on regular care of the physical facility. Reading other reviews, the resort is prompt to fix problems that guests find - but they shouldn't be finding them in the first place. Other areas where a guest would probably not complain also show the need of maintenance; items like paint, worn screen doors, HVAC vents with obvious lint, etc.

But don't let these two issues put you off, I'd stay at the Westward Look again in a minute. In fact, my wife and I discussed this and will make the resort our primary choice while in Tucson -- price willing.

• Stayed December 2010
WWLmarketing, Westward Look Marketing at Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 6 January 2011
I’m so glad that we were able to exceed your expectations of a superb view and pleasant outdoor experience! I’m also happy that you found our staff friendly and that you and your family experienced a quiet, comfortable stay with us over the holidays! Thank you for your suggestions, as well. As Tucson’s first resort, we’re bound to show some wear now and then, despite last year’s extensive renovation, but we won’t cut corners when it comes to resort maintenance and will look into the details you mention noticing. Thank you again for your assessment. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Graz, Austria
Reviewed 21 December 2010

I won this for a really low nightly rate on priceline and so was more than pleased with my stay.

The rooms are large and spacious, seperate sitting area, large wall mounted tv that swivels to either the lounge area or the bedroom area, dressing area with huge full length mirror, and a large bathroom split into 2, a large walk in shower big enough for 2, sink and loo in one room, in the adjoining room a sink, vanity area, fridge and closet. In addition we also had a large private balcony which was a real suntrap during the day.

Absolutely no complaints with the actual room itself, however, the negative is that the walls are absolutely paper thin, we could hear every word our neighbours said, their tv, there phones, alarm clock etc.

I would have given this a higher rating if there had been no neighbour noise due to the thin walls. Overall though I would stay again if I got a cheap rate.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank europe-chick
WWLmarketing, Westward Look Marketing Department at Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 6 January 2011
I’m glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were happy with the accommodations. I am sorry to hear there was a noise issue. If you do choose to stay with us again, I hope you’ll let us know if you encounter the same issue. We’d be happy to remedy the situation, possibly by changing your room location. Thank you for your feedback so that we can address the situation.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 14 December 2010

I stay in Tucson frequently and have tried many different places to lodge. For my tastes, the Westward Look is the best I've found. The room is large and well appointed. The bed is one of the best I've found in a hotel. The linens and pillows ARE the best I've found. Room service is exceptional. My thanks to a fellow named Paul at room service who helped me out after hours. If you like a room with a great view of Tucson, ask for building 32. Great city lights - but be aware that it is a pretty good walk to the lobby and amenities from this building. On the restaurant side, we had breakfast at GOLD and it was fabulous. If you haven't gotten the point by now, let me be blunt. I LOVE THIS PLACE!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
Thank you for your comments, Jerry. I’m so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you received exceptional room service. I’ll certainly pass your thanks on to Paul. I’m also happy that you were able to enjoy a tasty breakfast at GOLD. I hope you’ll come stay with us again the next time you’re in Tucson!