We are Dawn and Mike Pinckard. We spent a fantastic week at WSR in June 2011. Dawn had been before and is an experienced rider - Mike had never ridden before at all..... I know - sounds like a recipe for disaster, but it was anything but. The welcome to the ranch was superb and the staff could not do enough for us. All the staff know your name from the first morning you are at the ranch – nobody knows how they manage it! The value for money is unrivalled - Russell and Michael, the owners are always around -barbequing steaks and ribs for evening meals, taking out rides, and just there to be friendly and make the holiday the best it could possibly be. The facilities include information technology (including up to date computers, internet & Wi-Fi, printing and phone - all free) real luxury accommodation (quiet AC and fantastic shower!) in-keeping with the feel of a dude ranch with adobe style cottages; information and assistance - they even offered to go to the stores if we needed something they hadn't got! The riding is excellent: The Wranglers schooled Mike on the first day and taught him all the western riding basics then tested him to make sure he was safe to ride out on the trails which enhanced the holiday immensely. By 5pm on the first day he was out on a fast desert ride and after more lessons, by the third day he was penning steers!! The horses are trained to a high standard and very well looked after. The wranglers match the rider to the horse very carefully to ensure safety and maximum enjoyment of the rides and they are careful to cater for all riding abilities. If riding isn’t your thing there is loads to do - a small cinema, all types of games from tennis and ping-pong to pool (both the type with a cue & balls and the type with water in!), a small pet zoo, TV lounge and library, a well stocked and reasonably priced gift shop, a lovely bar and quality entertainment most evenings. Steve will take you in town shopping or to see sights like the Desert Museum for a small taxi fee. The surrounding scenery on the 3000 acre ranch is stunning. The wild life to be seen is amazing – Coyotes, squirrels, jack rabbits, lizards, bird life. It’s a photographer’s dream. We cannot recommend this ranch strongly enough. The most endearing thing is that Russell and Michael are not greedy. They provide fantastic service and facilities but have never got their hands outstretched for cash. All they seem to want is that guests are happy – and the guests all seemed to be. We made so many friends in such a short time – many travelled there alone - and we didn’t hear anything but praise from any of the guests we met. It ended with the staff putting on a rodeo for us on the last day (Michael, Russell, Kristen, Laura and some of the wranglers are top nstate and national rodeo competitors) which was amazing. We are already planning to go back!! Thanks to everyone at the ranch and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- EXCEPTIONAL HOSPITALITY AND FAMILY TRADITIONS At White Stallion Ranch, the personal touch and hospitality of a traditional dude ranch is carefully blended with the service and amenities of your favorite resort. This dude ranch has a history of more than 50 years of ownership and daily management by the True Family and over 75 years as Guest Ranch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your White Stallion Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- White Stallion Ranch Hotel Tucson
- White Stallion Ranch Tucson, Arizona