“Professionalism, real customer care and True family friendship”

White Stallion Ranch
Ranked #1 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 25 June 2011

We are Dawn and Mike Pinckard. We spent a fantastic week at WSR in June 2011. Dawn had been before and is an experienced rider - Mike had never ridden before at all..... I know - sounds like a recipe for disaster, but it was anything but. The welcome to the ranch was superb and the staff could not do enough for us. All the staff know your name from the first morning you are at the ranch – nobody knows how they manage it! The value for money is unrivalled - Russell and Michael, the owners are always around -barbequing steaks and ribs for evening meals, taking out rides, and just there to be friendly and make the holiday the best it could possibly be. The facilities include information technology (including up to date computers, internet & Wi-Fi, printing and phone - all free) real luxury accommodation (quiet AC and fantastic shower!) in-keeping with the feel of a dude ranch with adobe style cottages; information and assistance - they even offered to go to the stores if we needed something they hadn't got! The riding is excellent: The Wranglers schooled Mike on the first day and taught him all the western riding basics then tested him to make sure he was safe to ride out on the trails which enhanced the holiday immensely. By 5pm on the first day he was out on a fast desert ride and after more lessons, by the third day he was penning steers!! The horses are trained to a high standard and very well looked after. The wranglers match the rider to the horse very carefully to ensure safety and maximum enjoyment of the rides and they are careful to cater for all riding abilities. If riding isn’t your thing there is loads to do - a small cinema, all types of games from tennis and ping-pong to pool (both the type with a cue & balls and the type with water in!), a small pet zoo, TV lounge and library, a well stocked and reasonably priced gift shop, a lovely bar and quality entertainment most evenings. Steve will take you in town shopping or to see sights like the Desert Museum for a small taxi fee. The surrounding scenery on the 3000 acre ranch is stunning. The wild life to be seen is amazing – Coyotes, squirrels, jack rabbits, lizards, bird life. It’s a photographer’s dream. We cannot recommend this ranch strongly enough. The most endearing thing is that Russell and Michael are not greedy. They provide fantastic service and facilities but have never got their hands outstretched for cash. All they seem to want is that guests are happy – and the guests all seemed to be. We made so many friends in such a short time – many travelled there alone - and we didn’t hear anything but praise from any of the guests we met. It ended with the staff putting on a rodeo for us on the last day (Michael, Russell, Kristen, Laura and some of the wranglers are top nstate and national rodeo competitors) which was amazing. We are already planning to go back!! Thanks to everyone at the ranch and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Room Tip: Just ask and they will do their best to please
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ThePinkys

Reviewed 23 June 2011

We went to the ranch for a week for our anniversary. The food and service was great. Don't expect to stay in your room watching tv in the AC because there are no tv's. 3 rides a day are offered with some variety to mix it up. Team penning is definitely the best. We met people from all over the world! I do wish that there was more actual hands-on experience as far as the cattle ranch aspect is concerned, but still fun!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank skbloom
Reviewed 20 June 2011

I have been back a week now from my best holiday ever and I can't wait to go back and wanted to share my experience with you. I went to the White Stallion Ranch on my own having left my husband at home to look after the cats. I've never been to America before or horse riding so this was a big first for me.

The staff at the ranch are amazing, they are the best people you're every going to meet. Madison, Russell, Joe, Katie, Vicky, JC, Casey and Ron were all so hospitible. Joe, Katie and Vicky kindly came out with me on my last night which was really generous of them to spend their personal time with me. Joe, thanks for teaching me the two step.

The food is amazing, you just want to eat everything but the choice is so varied you can be as good or as bad as you want. I do highly recommend the cookies after lunch.

The facilities are clean and well kept and you can see how well the animals are looked after. I went in the middle of the hot season and the rides are early morning and late afternoon which was great because it gave you time at the pool and hottub to recover any sore muscles during the hottest part of the day.

The evening entertainment was great and was something different everynight. I went out there not knowing how to ride and by the end of my week long trip I had done slow rides, fast rides, mountain rides, half day rides and team cattle penning.

I met lots of people out there who arrived at various times in the week but if you want to stay a full week then I recommend you do Sunday to Sunday. The horses rest on Sunday so it gives you time to settle in or pack without cutting in to your riding time.

I loved my horse for the week and I miss him dearly, hopefully he will still be there for me next year. It's a brilliant place for a holiday whether your going solo, as a couple or as a family. Can't wait til next year. I'll be back.

Room Tip: Book your flights and accommodation seperately
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank HelsbellesHampshire
Reviewed 12 June 2011

Without a shadow of a doubt - this was the best holiday my husband and I have ever had - and the only place in the world we have ever agreed on going back to! The customer service was exceptional: all the staff were so friendly, welcoming and accommodating. The food was divine; plentiful, tasty and with a huge variety. And the horses....well, as new riders we were a little apprehensive, however, they were so responsive and well trained we need not have been nervous at all. We had a lesson while we were there and very quickly got up to speed. The wranglers looked after us really well, catering to our needs and making sure we felt confident. We can't wait to go back....see you next year Russell and crew!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank wendyforrester
Reviewed 3 June 2011

Great service, great location. Lovely rooms. Very friendly staff and a great place to make new friends!
Excellent home cooked food 3 times a day.
For the novice as well as the experienced rider!
I had never been on a horsee in my life, but by the end of the week we were loping through the desert!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 June 2011

White Stallion Ranch is the best vacation I have ever had. I went alone and made a lot of new friends from all over the country and world. I never had anyone there treat me as if I was interupting them. The horseback riding was great. There was a hot tub and pool also. If you go away hungry it's your fault. Great place to take a trip. Highly recomend!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 June 2011

Thank you to all the staff at the White Stallion Ranch. This was my first solo trip ever and I was immediately made to feel very welcome and at home. My cabin was clean and comfortable. The food was amazing and the choices were varied and plentiful. You will never go hungry here. The horses were well trained and very well taken care of. The variety and number of rides made it possible to ride most of the day or for just an hour or so. The ranch features a nice pool and hot tub area. A well equipped work out room and sauna, a game room, tennis courts, basketball court, petting zoo, terrific gift shop, movie theater, business center, and nightly entertainment. You can do as much or as little as you'd like. The ranch also provides free pick-up and drop-off at the Tucson airport. The staff is always available for whatever you may need and provide exceptional service with a smile. It was hard to leave, so upon my return home....I immediately booked my next visit. You will not be disappointed by a stay at The Ranch.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo