My third visit to White Stallion, this time with my husband (previously with my daughter) once again showed how the friendliness of the True family and their ranch changes people. The accomodations are more gussied up than I remember, Indian blankets on the walls of the rooms, wranglers in embroidered shirts, yet the spirit of White Stallion is the same. Authentic Sonora desert riding among the cactus and sagebrush on the largest private herd of horses in Arizona. This time, on a severely restricted medical diet that allowed no grains/carbs, I found the kitchen bent over backwards to accomodate my 100% special meals. Unlimited riding is included and beginners, intermediates and experts can all participate however and whenever they want. The wine and cheese and beer and fritos rides accomodated adults who are socially inclined while the breakfast trail rides and hayride lunches interested all riders and non riders. The fast rides for those who can lope or canter (me, finally) were spirited and the all day and half-day rides for those who were ready, were the highlight of the trip. The team penning with horses and cattle was my favorite and I did not know anyone on my team at the beginning but was grinning and chatting with them by the end. As usual, I met an assortment of people I won't forget, the lovely woman from Nashville with her daughter, the man from Ottawa who was the best "cowboy" and the elderly former polo player who got the best time in the team penning exercise along with the British girls who whooped and hollered all through barrel racing. Then there were the ladies who came to read and do a little light riding. Susan, the massage lady made it all "go away" so I could keep on riding. The cowboy poet/singer, western line dancing, critter night, painting night, and star gazing are all free and highly recommended. Thank you, True family, for keeping the spirit of true west alive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- EXCEPTIONAL HOSPITALITY AND FAMILY TRADITIONS At White Stallion Ranch, the personal touch and hospitality of a traditional dude ranch is carefully blended with the service and amenities of your favorite resort. This dude ranch has a history of more than 50 years of ownership and daily management by the True Family and over 75 years as Guest Ranch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your White Stallion Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- White Stallion Ranch Hotel Tucson
- White Stallion Ranch Tucson, Arizona