“A Great Memory”

White Stallion Ranch
Ranked #1 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Although it was several years ago, The White Stallion Ranch is a vacation the my daughter and I will never forget. Everything was just wonderful. We even extended our stay while we were there. There are lots of things to do, or nothing, whichever you prefer. The food was excellent, the staff went above and beyond. We will go back... p.s. the dogs were great too!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 June 2012

One of the best vacations we have ever had.; certainly the most stress free. Everything from the food, the staff,to the riding is first rate. You can tell that evrybody there genuinely cares about the the ranch and the guests. A+ all around, thank you White Stallion Ranch.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2012

The White Stallion Ranch was where we were heading for the last 4 days of our honeymoon which was a very exciting road trip starting in SF. Having dreamt of visiting a ranch from a very young age this was the part of the trip that I was most excited about and I had such high expectations that I was concerned that it would never be able to live up to them. As soon as we arrived I knew it was a special place. The accommodation and communal areas are brilliant, the food plentiful and delicious and the horses are well behaved and in excellent condition. A special mention about the staff - the best service of any place I have ever stayed. They can't do enough for you and it is all so genuine. This is all brilliant, however the best thing about this holiday was the effect it had on my new husband. He has never showed any interest in horses and has never so much as stroked my horse at home so I didn't have high hopes for him enjoying the riding. He was put on the gentle giant that is Rawhide and it was love at first sight. Team penning on the first day and then it was fast rides all the way. He even hugged Rawhide on the last day which is not something I ever imagined I would see!
We can't wait to go back but until then, the memories created at White Stallion Ranch keep me smiling. Thankyou to the owners, staff and horses for making it such a fantastic stay.

1  Thank Lauren M
Reviewed 1 June 2012

My husband and I just returned from an extended trip for his retirement celebration. We spent 8 days at White Stallion, we couldn't have enjoyed it more, we loved the food, great and plentiful. The riding into the desert was such a special treat for us, the rooms are excellently appointed, and always clean and comfortable.
The staff is friendly and helpful and great with first time riders, though we are not, it was good to see the care given to others who were somewhat afraid.
We have been here 3 times and it is consistantly great!
We were here in May this time and even though it was in the 90's we were able to enjoy the riding and the cooler evenings made eating on the patio a delight.
T M

Room Tip: There is no bad choice of rooms here!
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Travelled to the ranch last year with my new bride. Great staff, the best food, and great activities. I had never been on a horse in my life when we got there but thanks to the one on one coaching I was one fast rides through the desert within 3 days. I would go back to this place tomorrow given the chnace.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2012

After reading all the reviews of this ranch on Tripadvisor I was extremely excited to be going there this month. We got back last week and are already planning to go back! It is a fabulous place from the service to the accomodations to the hosts and of course the horses. The owners, the True family, are very hands-on. Russell True is everywhere! And the wranglers, especially JC, do everything to help you enjoy your riding. They are all very friendly and accomodating and put even the most intimidated riders at ease. They are all about your safety and that of their horses. We stayed in a deluxe double which was tastefully decorated in a western motif. The room was very large with a king bed, a sofabed area and coffee table and a table with 4 chairs. The room is actually too big for 2 people! When we go back we will probably downsize. The food was excellant, and is served buffet style except for breakfast where you can have it made-to-order and is served in a very timely manner. (so you can get out for a morning ride!) I can't say enough good things about my experience at the WS. We were made to feel very much at home from the time we arrived and felt very comfortable and a part of things from the start. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 21 and loved its location. Not too close to the main lodge but close to the horse...
Reviewed 28 May 2012

My second visit this month, as usual a great experience thanks to the True brothers and their staff. No better place to visit and enjoy the western experience. Great people, great food and great horses. Been to others, but I always return to the WSR the happiest place on earth will be back in August and December 2012......

Room Tip: Any and all rooms are great!!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends