“Absolutely best holiday ever!”

White Stallion Ranch
Ranked #1 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
Preston, United Kingdom
“Absolutely best holiday ever!”
Reviewed 6 July 2012

Ive always wanted to go ranching so my friend and I booked a whole week at White Stallion. It was by far, the best holiday I've ever been on and my friend said the same. The horses are super fit and very well looked after. Amazing rides in the most spectacular scenery. Super friendly and safety conscious staff run the place. The accommodation was spacious and very comfortable. The food was delicious (especially the fried potatoes on the breakfast ride in the desert!). Good entertainment in the evenings - loved the singing cowboy. A splendid pool and I booked an excellent massage. Excellent, excellent, excellent! If you want to go ranching - go here! We are planning our return trip...

1 Thank MichelleClarke72

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Spent a week at the White Stallion Ranch and had the best time ever! The accomodation was perfect, the horses were superb, the people were fabulous (guests, staff and owners!), the food was delicious and the scenery was to die for!
We were planning our return visit before we'd even left! This place is pure magic - and so completely authentic we felt like we were in our very own western movie the whole week :)
If you ride just one horse in your lifetime make sure it's at the White Stallion Ranch.

1 Thank AndieMorr
Trevose, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Just returned from a 4 night holiday with my grandkids ages 10 & 13. We had a terrific time.
I can't say enough good things about the their well run ranch and the friendliness of the True family and all their employees. In addition to the horseback riding there was a pool, game rooms, lectures, art class. We had cabin #1 which provided ample room and the location made it very accessible to everything, however I think most of the accommodations are close to all activities.
Would love to return and experience at a different time of year.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank EmilyGug
Stansted,England
Reviewed 25 June 2012

We've just returned from our Arizona road trip and included our ranch visit as a must on our bucket list of US experiences.White Stallion was recommended by my brother-in -law who visited last year and he was not wrong! From the moment we arrived until the day we regretfully had to leave we were met with warmth,exceptional service and expert tuition and encouragement,considering neither of us had much riding experience.The wranglers were first class and put us at ease.Wow! great fun team penning-never thought I'd be doing that at 62!! I just can't fault anything about our stay,thanks to Russell and his team.Beautiful setting with excellent food and accommodation-we'll be back!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mercredi55
Kent
Reviewed 22 June 2012

My boyfriend and I have been back in the UK for two weeks now and we still miss the ranch. So much so, we have booked to go back next year.

The holiday was everything we expected and more. Horse riding every day (except Sundays) and they miraculously match you with a horse that suits your riding ability and personality (my horse was lovely). You also can also take part in grooming / bathing your horse if you want to which I really enjoyed.

The food was delicious- a buffet style meal 3 times a day with excellent quality food and really healthy too. I particularly enjoyed the choice of fresh salads which meant I could keep my waistline down!

This was also a really relaxing holiday as the ranch has a good size pool with sun loungers, a petting zoo and other facilities such as American pool, table tennis and a tennis court. We came back from the holiday feeling refreshed and energised.

The staff and guests at the ranch are really friendly and we met some lovely people, I am counting down the days until next June.

Thank you White Stallion Ranch (Katherine and David)

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
England
Reviewed 16 June 2012

We spent a week at the White Stallion ranch last year and what a fantastic stay!
The accommodation was very comfortable and well decorated, and the staff made us feel at home from the start of our holidays.
The activities were nice too, we especially enjoyed the rides as the landscapes were stunning.
The horses are well cared for and the wranglers will make sure they find the right horse for everyone.
Would definitively recommend this place!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Arizona
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Just returned from a group trip to WS ranch in Tucson. Having lived in Arizona for 12 year, loving to travel and never hearing of this place is concerning to me :) I live an hour away and this was my first visit, friends who grew up in Tucson never knew it existed, yet people from Scandinavia and Scotland were there! Not sure how this one slipped through my fingers for so long. Maybe because so many Arizonans concentrate on travel elsewhere, forgetting we have magnificence right here at home. From the moment you check in at WS, you know you're not at another corporate-run hotel/resort. The staff is beyond friendly - and know your name within hours of being there. The ambiance immediately puts your mind at rest because although it's a (5 star) in my opinion, it has none of the annoying things as big hotels. They don't nickel and dime you to death with resort fees, $12 water bottles, $16 dollar cocktails, everything you need is there and they charge a fair price both in the bar area and giftshop. They should write a book on hospitality, because they really know how to do it. The food, which is included is fresh and amazing their chef makes a cheesecake to die for - snacks, iced tea and lemonade are complimentary and available throughout the day, sodas beer & wine are also available during the day, and the riding is great fun. I am a beginner and they worked with me until I felt comfortable on my horse. Words cannot describe the beauty of this place, located just outside of the Tucson metro area. The beds are comfy the rooms are spacious and clean. The grounds were immaculate the scenery beautiful. There were enough activities to keep you occupied, and enough down time to relax. Pool felt great after a ride, there's also a hot tub, tennis courts, gym, rec room for the kids stocked with ping pong, pool, board games TV. Whether you're an experienced rider or a newbie like me, the options for the rides are plentiful and you can opt in or out at your leisure. You feel like you're staying in someones home and they treat you like old friends. I cannot wait to go back, I was absolutely and totally impressed with this property.