“Amazing” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013

Best trip I've ever had. The scenery was spectacular. The wranglers were so encouraging . It made me want to stay here for ever. And my horse was so well behaved and cute . The rodeo show was so fun and they told us the history off the ranch . And the rooms were so comfy. They also had a night with reptiles and a chinchilla . If I wanted I could go on for ever how good this place is but I'll say one last thing they also teach you how to lasso.

Room Tip: Always choose room numbers 9,10,11,12,13,14.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 813AlistairR

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
St Helier, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013

Just returned from 5 very enjoyable nights at the White Stallion Ranch. Having read all the good reviews on Tripadvisor we had high expectations for this special holiday and we weren't disappointed. The ranch has an authentic western feel but has everything you could want on holiday including a children's games room, swimming pool and hot tub, large gym, cinema room, bar, lounge and plenty of areas to relax. The rooms are a good size and nicely furnished. The food is fresh, plentiful and there is a different theme every day. There is a variety of entertainment every evening. Russel and the rest of the True family along with the staff and wranglers make a real effort to get to know you and make you feel special. Some how they know your names without even asking. Nearly everyone we met were a returning visitor, some more than 16 times, that's testament to how good it is. The horses are well looked after and trained to look after novices like me. I can't believe that I was loping and team pening after only 3 days of riding. My 11 year old daughter, a better horse rider than me, loved every minute of the holiday and she cried when it was time to leave. We are already planning our return trip.

Room Tip: The delux rooms are a lot larger than the standard ones
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank markj877
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2013

Drive down a dirt road into the mountains of west Tucson and you find White Stallion Ranch. From the moment you arrive you are greeted warmly by all staff, including ranch hands and the friendly pet dogs that roam throughout the day. It's a family run business, deep in history, many western films have been filmed here. The rooms are casitas, all with comfortable outdoor seating areas. It is so peaceful and relaxing. There are horses, cattle and even a petting zoo available at all times. Get some horse cookies in a bin near the front desk and feed the horses. Choose your horse riding activities (I went on a mountain ride, called the Sidewinder - beautiful scenery), watch the Saturday afternoon rodeo and enjoy the ranch style buffet meals. We watched the sunset each night from a bench near the horse stables. Absolutely breathtaking. We will definitely come back!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank phoenixtraveler0
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2013

If you are tired of being a room number at yet another chain-owned resort, look no further than the White Stallion Ranch. They treat every guest like family. You will never feel rushed, go hungry, or have anything to worry about. My wife has Celiac's and she usually starves on vacation. They accomodated her diet at every meal (happy hour too). You don't have to be a horse lover to enjoy this place, but don't be surprised if you leave with a space in your heart for these wonderful creatures. I could repeat everything said by all of the other positive reviews, but instead, i will just encourage you to read them. I have nothing bad to say. One thing not mentioned, the gift shop has some fine quality western wear and a wide variety of hats. You may not see yourself wearing a cowboy hat, but the desert heat on a long day of riding may change your mind. They are quite functional and you will fit right in at this place. My daughter swore she would never get a cowboy hat. She was wearing one before we left. My wife and I bought clothes and hats before we arrived, but it wasn't necessary. Chatting with staff was always a pleasure and they are always making an effort to be interactive with you. The people make this place worth every penny. My son usually hides in the room and plays video games. He rarely grins and is generally bored with hotel activities. He never missed a ride and was caught smiling on many occasions while sitting in the saddle. He really enjoyed team penning. My daughter actually had serious doubts about our sanity when we said we were going to a "dude" ranch. Now she is researching to work toward a horse of her own. She fell in love with them. We met other first timers and some veteran guests as well. They were all pleasant. Don't be shy, happy hour is a great time to meet others, and when you go out on rides, it's even more fun with your new friends.

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank JackDiamonds
Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2013

My daughter and I just returned from a stay at the White Stallion Ranch. Unfortunately we only had a three day stay and wish it could have been longer. The ranch is set in the Saguaro dessert with the mountains as a back drop. The rooms are clustered in small buildings of 4 rooms each, this would be the single rooms, they also have suites available. Our room was right next to the paddock. We enjoyed visiting with the horses when we weren't riding. The rooms are clean and simple with a western theme. If you are looking for luxury standard rooms, this is not the place, however they were clean and the beds were comfortable. I'm not sure a fancy luxury room really goes with the whole ranch idea anyway. This is an all inclusive place, 3 meals each day, food was good, not extraordinary. We missed the Thursday night steak which I am sure was good as they raise their own cattle. Happy hour was at 6pm , appetizers were served each night, the bar was on the self-serve honor system, they had premixed margaritas and prickly pear margaritas (which were delicious) and an assortment of wine, beer, liquors as well as a variety of sodas and juices (all were available at any time.

You do not need to be an experienced rider to ride here. There are rides for everyone and lessons for those who need them to get started. For the time we were there they offered; slow trail rides about 1 1/2 hour, fast rides about 1 hour (basically a slow and fast ride alternating), barrel racing about 1 hour, penning about 1 hour (teams penn the cattle - timed races), a wine and cheese slow ride and a beer and Cheetos slow ride both about 2- 2 1/2 hours long. Half day trail ride about 3 1/2 hours and a full day trail ride about 8 hours. You can mix up the rides and ride as often as you like. We found the horses well matched to us and found that others felt the same. You had the same horse for the duration of your stay but they were happy to change to a different if you wanted and the horses were available. We felt the horse and animals were very well cared for.

The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. I was amazed at how they quickly remembered your name.

The best part of the stay for me was meeting so many fun people from all around the globe. I'm sure my daughter would agree she loved the people but I imagine here favorite part was the riding and waking to the horses right outside the door.

I would love to go again with my entire family and grand children. There is something for everyone.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jej44
Oceanside, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2013

Going to White Stallion Ranch will always been one of the highlights of my life. You feel like you are one of the True family. The staff treats you as if you live there. The food, amazing. The horses, fantastic. The scenery-spectacular! I didn't want to leave! The rooms are actually little casitas with a little frig and patio. Perfect for friends traveling together. I am already planning my next visit. There are no TVs in the rooms, which forces you to commune with nature. The cell service is ok... which means there is no one to bother you. Just you, the range, and your horse. The True family runs a first class operation. It's going to be blast when I bring all my girlfriends for the girls getaway weekend! Watch out White Stallion! Here we come!

Room Tip: We were in #32, which was a great central location to everything.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

We just returned from our second visit to White Stallion and it was as enjoyable as the first, which was two years ago, also in March. We spent four nights/five days on the ranch and loved every minute of it! You really feel like you are on a ranch, and not just at a hotel with horses. The rooms and all of the common areas are decorated in western style. And the deluxe rooms are very large with comfortable beds, sofa, & dining table & chairs. The only minor complaint I would have is that the bathrooms are quite small...not large enough for a couple to use at the same time. The weather in the evenings was so pleasant that we enjoyed sleeping with the door open and the screen door closed and locked. And we felt completely safe. Not many hotels where you can have that experience! The food is very, very good. And they provide a good variety too. You definitely will not go hungry! The staff are super nice and very accomodating. And the best part is that somehow, they magically remember your names! I don't know how they do it! Of course the highlight of the ranch is the horseback riding. There are several types of rides available for beginners and more experienced riders. And the wranglers match you with a horse based on your riding ability. And the nice thing is that you get to ride the same horse for your entire visit. So you get to know your horse and feel comfortable with it. If you get a horse that you don't love, like my husband did on his first ride, they will gladly put you on another horse. Our favorite rides were the "Beer & Cheetos" ride and the half day ride. And there is plenty to do if you choose to skip a ride or two. The pool and hot tub are nice and not at all crowded. We were sad to leave, and will definitely plan another visit.

Room Tip: We have only stayed in the deluxe rooms. They are very roomy & comfortable except for the bathr...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple