“Amazing”

Ranked #1 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
New York City, New York
“Amazing”
Reviewed 8 May 2013

This place is amazing. You will want to return again and again and again.
Owners, The True Family = wonderful, kind, experts in hospitality Russell is such a great host
Wranglers = friendly, great rapport with guests, amazing with horses (Jeremiah, James, Beston, Caitlin, Laura, Matt... could go on and on - amazing)
Kitchen Staff = accommodating, seamless in service, tasty food, friendly, professional
Housekeeping = invisible like elves, don't realize they are there, but everything is spotless
Entertainment = from critter night, to Loop Rawlins, to singing by the campfire... great!
Facilities = perfect, exactly what you want at a ranch and more! (pool, hot tub, spa, tennis, etc)
Overall = hated to leave, can't wait to come back. You can't go wrong at this place!

Room Tip: Loved room 41 - right next to the horses and our deck looked out over Panther Peak.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
Northampton
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Just back from my 6th annual trip to WSR. As usual, it was just brilliant. A fantastic group of guests, friendly and attentive staff, good food, comfortable accommodation, but most of all the riding was amazing. I went with friends this time, but I have been on my own before, as do many people. It certainly is not a problem for single people on this holiday, as you soon mix in with the other guests, and make new friends. There's a family atmosphere about this place that keeps people, including me, going back year after year. There is a fantastic range of horses, for all abilities, and they are beautifully well looked after. If you don't ride, don't let that put you off either, as they will soon have you comfortable on the perfect horse for you. Many people are able to lope and get out on the fast rides after only a few days.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Southern California
Reviewed 1 May 2013

I just booked my 12th trip to the ranch over a 15 year span. I have been visting WSR since 1998. I have visited the ranch alone and with family and it's always the highlight of my year! You will not find nicer people than the True family. They welcome you with open arms and treat you as a valued guest at all times. They go out of their way to make your trip as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. The horses are second to none here and the food is fabulous! I always walk in a stranger to all and walk away with 50 or so new friends from around the world. Book your vacation with this traditional dude ranch you won't be sorry. The resort is 5 star all the way from the food, horseback rides, variety in their program, staff, and ammenities avaialble. Don't delay. Each and every time my daughter and I visit this magical place we cry upon leaving and promise to return just as soon as we possibly can. If a quiet place where you can UNPLUG and relax in the hert of nature is your idea of a vacation this is PARADISE!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
New York
Reviewed 28 April 2013

This ranch is so beautiful! I would recommend it if you are looking for an adventure on a ranch. I went as part of the Cactus Cowgirls package this April. The activities that were scheduled were so much fun. My room was small but had a full bath, table and chairs, dresser, refrigerator, safe and closet. I did use the safe but it was probably not necessary as I felt save as a single at the ranch. All the staff were friendly. The wranglers were experienced and very helpful. The horses were well trained and sweet. They matched the horse to your ridding ability, age, weight, etc. My horse was so sweet, Colt was his name. He was just the right height for me. If you want to visit a ranch in Arizona go there! I loved every minute of it.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2013

If you are considering booking the White Stallion ranch, I would urge you to stop considering immediately, and book your holiday. I really don't think you could find a finer ranch for a family of mixed riding ability. We were there just after Easter (Spring break), the weather was perfect - warm and sunny, but not blisteringly hot from dawn to dusk. There were family groups, couples, groups of friends, and singles, but everyone got on so well it was often difficult to tell. We started making friends during our first Happy Hour, minutes after we arrived at the ranch, and on our first ride. There was a good mix of ages and nationalities, but the lovely thing was that riding is so inclusive, it was common to find a 70 year old chatting to a 9 year old about the ride that morning. We are a family of wildly differing abilities and experience, but we all found a horse and trails which suited us. It's easy to change horses f you need to, and the entire staff are there to help you have the type of riding holiday you want. My tips are to get qualified to ride on the fast rides as quickly as you can, they are not scarily fast, and you do not canter (lope) for more than a few minutes at a time; secondly, take the lessons in the afternoon as they are great value for money, and you can cover everything from learning to canter (lope) to barrel racing, depending on experience; and sign up for the team penning on Wednesdays and Fridays. Do not adopt a "wait and see" policy as you will have so much fun, you will kick yourself for missing even one session! We didn't leave the ranch for the four days we were there, and would love to return. Congratulations to the True family and their wranglers (particularly Ron, Jeremiah, Caitlin and Bestin). It was a perfect stay.

Walnut Creek, California
Reviewed 10 April 2013

I hate to be redundant, it's all been said in the reviews. The True Family has a remarkably special place. They have hospitality down to a science but only because they are so warm & open to all who spend time at their ranch. The ranch is beautiful. The rides are varied and fun. We were there during a fully booked week and yet we all kept our horses for the week. My son and husband asked for a change mid-week which as happily accommodated. The food is appealing to all types of palates. The Honor Bar is genius. Happy Hour is the perfect way to meet new friends. It can be intimidating to realize that everyone around you has been to the ranch multiple times (the record during our stay - 17 years!) but everyone is so friendly you don't feel like the new kid at school.
Kids had a blast (15 & 14) - met new friends and learned they are good at horseback riding - they even got themselves up early to go on a breakfast ride!
MUSTS: get fast ride certified as soon as possible. Team Penning sounds confusing but SO FUN when you just go do it!
Only drawbacks: Walls in Deluxe Suite bungalow are PAPER thin. We will try for two doubles next year - these are very nice, spacious rooms. Coffee -- they need a couple more brewers and it would be nice if it were stronger.
We booked next year's stay before we even checked out. I'd say that is the definition of a successful family vacation.
You will not get a better bang for your vacation buck!!

Room Tip: Choose a double in the 20 wing....
1 Thank Helen2205
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Best trip I've ever had. The scenery was spectacular. The wranglers were so encouraging . It made me want to stay here for ever. And my horse was so well behaved and cute . The rodeo show was so fun and they told us the history off the ranch . And the rooms were so comfy. They also had a night with reptiles and a chinchilla . If I wanted I could go on for ever how good this place is but I'll say one last thing they also teach you how to lasso.

Room Tip: Always choose room numbers 9,10,11,12,13,14.
1 Thank 813AlistairR