“the best rest ever” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“the best rest ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2010

great people, great food, great rooms and great rides , what can one say only thanks , you want to stay where people really care go to white Stallon Ranch

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
Phoenix
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2010

I stayed for 4 nights, bringing along my sister, who loves to ride. Our casita was western and rustic, but charming, with rough wood paneling inside. Some of the furniture was vintage 1950's ranch style, with cattle brands burned into the wood. I found out later that the building was part of the oldest part of the guest ranch, dating to the 1950's. The beds were very comfortable. Two fluffy robes were supplied in the room. There are no TV or phones in the rooms, but they weren't missed at all. The free wi-fi was appreciated.

The first day, we arrived a little early and were asked if we would like to eat lunch (buffet). An hour later, we were on horses for the Beer and Cheetos ride, where we rode to a cookout area on the ranch for refreshments.

We rode multiple times per day, going on slow rides, mountain rides, fast rides, and doing the team penning. All was included in the room rate except for lessons, which are a very reasonable $20 per hour.

The food was served buffet style, with some cooked to order items at breakfast. I had told them that I must eat gluten free. While there were no meals prepared just for me, there were always gluten free selections that I could eat. The food was wonderful - and included very fresh and healthy choices.

We took a dip in the heated pool, which was wonderful. The gift shop is open extended hours, and has very nice merchandise. We hiked along some of the horse trails, and my sister walked early every morning, seeing jackrabbits and other wildlife.

We loved meeting the other guests, of which quite a few are from Europe. Relaxing on the patio after dinner, with a prickly pear margarita from the self-serve bar, and making new friends was a treat.

Every staff member was pleasant and gave the best service possible. All of the grounds are immaculate and kept in great shape. I really can't say enough good things about the White Stallion. I want to go back there now!

• Stayed October 2010
Grantham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2010

What can I say that hasn;t already been said? Went to the White Stallion with hubby for a week. Had always dreamed of a ranch holiday and he came along to keep me happy. We both had the best holiday of our lives. So much so we're going back next year for a fortnight.(who needs the caribbean?)
The service we received was second to none and nothing seemed too much trouble. Right from the beginning when Ron picked us up at the airport with a big friendly smile through to the reception staff, the catering staff, the cleaners(I never actually saw them but know they were there because our room was always lovely and clean) and all the ground staff.
The wranglers were fantastic and special thanks to Carol and Virginia. Safety for both guests and horses is obviously top priority but in no way lessens your enjoyment of the experience. The horses are well-cared for and hand picked to suit each guest whatever your ability or experience.
There is no pressure to ride and there are plenty of other things to do. We met some people who didn't ride at all but were having a great time.
We met some wonderful people and hope to meet up with them next year.
All in all it was worth the travelling time from the uk and for the experience we had it was real value for money.
Lastly. A HUGE thank you to Jeeves and Mesa who made 2 greenhorn Brits feel like cowboys for a very special week.
Dawn and Dave

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DawnM57
wellington, fl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2010

Our family, ranging from 76 to 11, spent 3 wonderful days at White Stallion Ranch. Starting with the reception desk and going through the wranglers, servers,maids, and social staff we found them all outstanding. They were not only eager to help they were capable. The rooms were rustic and very clean, comfortable beds, with a nice sitting room. The food was varied and well prepared. The wranglers matched you with a horse, that was suitable to your skill level. Our family did slow rides, fast rides, mountain rides and cattle penning, all were wonderful. This is a great vacation spot and Russell True and his family work very hard to make sure guest have a great vacation.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Cardiff
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2010

We stayed here for a our first part of our honeymoon for five nights at the beginning of September and this being our first time on a ranch were a little anxious as to what to expect as my husband has never been close to a horse let alone ride one!! And we never looked back from the moment we arrived.

Everything was just too perfect for words - the staff, food, accommodation and of course the horses. Having the same horse for the entire stay was superb as you build up your confidence between you and the horse it makes every ride easier and the bond just grows.

We have booked to go back next year for a week this time and friends we met there are joining us too, so just the perfect place to celebrate our first wedding anniversary in true western style!

Loved Loved Loved it !!!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank banana77771
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2010

Have just returned with my wife from a weeks stay at the White Stallion Ranch and had to write a reveiw.
This Ranch was absolutely amazing in every way.
The riding was great and the wranglers were superb.
Delicous food everyday, you will not go hungry!!!!!!
The way this ranch is run is to give you a great time and i can assure you ,
you will.
I could go on and on but please go and experience this place for yourself,
you will not be disappointed.
Paul & Sarah

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Santa Clara, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2010

Through the wrangler's expertise I learned how to effectively communicate with Knox, my horse for the week, and in doing so I learned how I could improve communication with everyone in my life. It was a fun experience and I left with a real sense of accomplishment.

Our accommodations were spacious, comfortable and well maintained. I am on a special diet and the staff did an outstanding job in supporting me at each and every meal. The almost nightly entertainment (line dancing, magic show, desert creature show, and campfire singalong) were all fun and enjoyable.

I especially liked the abundance of activities, the friendliness of the staff, and being out in nature. There is a great 3 mile loop that I ran 3x the week I stayed. We saw birds, cottontails and jack rabbits each outing. I loved hearing the owls at night, too.

Having my own horse for the week was also a real treat. I had the option to groom him and even give him a shower at the end of our fast ride. The ranch provides horse cookies so you can thank your horse for a job well done.

I cannot wait for my next trip to White Stallion Ranch and I look forward to making a visit there an annual event.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business