“Nice hotel, friendly staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tucson

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tucson
Ranked #49 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Henderson, NV
“Nice hotel, friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2010

My sister and I had to fly out because our grandmother was in the hospital. This is one of the nicer Holiday Inns and was easily accessible from the freeway. Carpet smelled brand new! Flat screen television, modern decor in rooms. Breakfast was one of the better continental breakfasts that hotels offer. Only complaint (more of an inconvenience) would be that the vanity area is not separate from the toilet/shower. Overall, great stay!! Oh, I almost forgot to mention that we were given a "hospital rate" which reduced the nightly price by 20%.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2010

Stayed here for two nights. Very roomy and clean King suite for a steal (cost us just $110/night). Complimentary high-speed internet and hot breakfast with a variety of sections to eat. Very friendly staff. Only minor thing missing was an in-house restaurant. However there are tons of restaurants to choose from with a couple miles radius. Enjoy your stay here.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2009

We stayed for 3 nights while visiting my sister and it was a great stay. The room was large and very clean, big comfortable bed, nice bathroom and shower. The hotel itself is very new and very clean. The breakfast was good too- continental, but substantial and more than enough. The staff was friendly and the location was good- right off the highway. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Racegirl219
Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2009

We stayed at this hotel over the summer and it was a great property and we got it for a great rate. All was good until I received my bill. We were charged $175 additional for a set of sheets. Yes, that is right $175. I immediately called and was told that the sheets were "spotted" and that was the reason for the charge. Sorry guys it happens. I noticed the sheets the morning we left and they were indeed spotted but they were very fixable with a bottle of shout or any number of other products on the market. The sheets were white and it would not have been any problem to clean them properly with just a very minor amount of attention.

I asked to speak to the manager and it started a strange sequence of events. My first thought was at the very very least I would have my friend pick up the sheets and I would have a very expensive lesson. But, thankfully the manager agreed it was an inappropriate charge and said he would reverse the charges. I probably spoke to him twice a week for around 5-6 weeks and each time he came up with some off the wall excuse as to why he had not reversed the charges but promised he would do it "today".

I finally called corporate and they were a joke. They do not own the property and they do not know who I could call about the problem. I did end up calling my credit card company and they reversed the charge. It was a terrible and time consuming experience.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2009

As part of a trip to Southern California and Arizona we were visiting the Pima Air & Space Museum in Tucson and booked this hotel as a basic stopover for 2 nights. When we arrived it looked like any other modern functional hotel but from reception onwards the service was exceptional and the hotel was not as functional and basic as we expected.Our room was spacious,clean and well equipped which included free internet access. The breakfast was described as complementary continental but in fact was substantial which included a variety of quality hot choices.
A great find and excellent value for money.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
california
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2009

This hotel appears to be very new. The room was spotless and had no bad smells. It is convenient to the freeway on the north side of town and is next to a Super 8 and a Comfort Inn. A Hampton inn is a block away. We didn't have a reservation but called around to several in the travel book we had with us and this hotel had rooms available. We then called a freind and had them look up the hotel on trip advisor and it only had two reviews (which were positive). We just showed up and walked in and they gave us a great rate so we decided to stay here. It was a good decision. This is a very nice property and a very good value with the breakfast included. If I have to come back to Tucson again I will make this a first choice. It is not near the airport, but if you are on a road trip it is a great place.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank okrahoma
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2009

I drove in late from Phoenix and was very tired. I need something easy to get to, easy to park at, easy check in. I called and they told me they had plenty of rooms. When i told them i normally stay at the other Holiday Inn Express and Suites. They explained that this one was not an all suites hotel like the other one i normally stay at. I was surprised. i thought they were all the same. But, he went on to say that since it was pretty late and they had extra suites available then he would give me one at the same price as a standard room. :)

I did not really need it but, took and thanked him anyway.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business