“Big Brown Beetle” 2 of 5 bubbles

Lindy's Diner
Ranked #127 of 1,971 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Diner
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Phoenix
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Big Brown Beetle”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

So my girlfriend and I were extremely excited to eat here. When we got there, with her parents nonetheless, the place looked really shady and cramped, but the waitress was nice. We ordered our drinks and had just ordered our food when I glanced at the windowsill and saw this beetle that was literally about two inches long and had long legs. My girlfriend, who is deathly afraid of bugs, saw it as well and had a nervous breakdown in public. Needless to say, we cancelled our order and left. We were all extremely disappointed.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mdnlsn97

Kent, Washington
“Hole in the Wall...lots of burgers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

This place was recommended to us several years ago, but we finally made it for a late lunch on a very warm Thursday in July. The a/c was cranked up and it felt great as we entered this tiny restaurant. Decorated in a funky style with lots of interesting-looking people passing by and wandering in. Located close to the U of AZ, the sidewalks are filled with 'hippies' of all ages. Kinda like a time warp, really. Cheese steak was good, but could have used some Italian sauce. Burger was juicy and well made. Fries and Onion rings were a treat, although NOT freshly made according to the friendly waitress. I had a great, super cold nutty-tasting ale. I'd go back.

Visited July 2014
Peachtree City, Georgia
“Lindy's on 4th”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Second trip to Tucson & Lindy's. Have to admit Lindy is a friend of the family. Couldn't go to Tucson without a trip to Lindy's. FYI, he already has a Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence on the front window. Well deserved indeed. Have yet to try the OMFG burger challenge but it made an episode of "Man vs Food". Need to try the Mac & Cheese Burger next time. O yeah, easy on the tater-tots. Burgers are huge, delicious & very filling. If you don't go, you will never know.

• Visited June 2014
Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA
“Who Says You Can't Go Home Again?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

We visited Tucson in August of 2013, and stopped at Lindy's after a day of travelling. I got the "Blue Baller Burger" and my wife got the ranch and bacon tater tots. They were amazing, and we didn't know if we were truly enjoying the meal, or if we were just really hungry.

We went back this month, and realized it was not a one-time thing. I got the "Blue Baller" and my wife got a burger this time to go along with our ranch and bacon tots. The burgers are fantastic, and the unique combinations add to the experience. You know when you eat at Lindy's, you are eating something you can't get anywhere else.

The food is not expensive. They say that you only get one free refill, but on a Monday afternoon, they gave us more refills. I think they may want to keep people from sitting around all day, but they understand that people from the Northeast get thirsty when in Tucson.

The location is another big attraction for this restaurant. 4th Avenue has a lot of interesting shops and other places to eat. If you are health-conscience, you will have the chance to walk-off your burger, while you check out some great local businesses. If you are in Tucson, you need to visit Lindy's.

• Visited May 2014
Tucson, Arizona
“Unusual burgers and go hungry”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

First time eating at Lindy’s. If you are looking for some unusual takes on hamburgers this is your place. Nothing fancy and seats only about 20 people. Flat screens on the wall with an unusual collections of art. Only has beer in a bottle. When I sent there was college students and family alike enjoying their meal. So if you are looking for a good priced meal try Lindy’s. I had the 2 finger peek-a-boo. Very good and allot of food… of course it was a large burger sandwiched between 2 cheese sandwiches. I had to take a nap after ;-)

• Visited May 2014