“"Good Place to spend 1 night" and "Accommodations"”

Comfort Suites Airport
Ranked #67 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 4 June 2013

We had 2 rooms at the Comfort Suites Tucson Airport. The reason why is because I flew from Washington D.C. to Tucson and we got a cheap rate at the Comfort Suites Airport... The hotel was very nice. The rooms were nice and we were right next store to each other. I was in Room 219 and my tia was in Room 227.

Ronald helped us out by checking us in. He was very nice and polite. When I got to the hotel because we took a shuttle from the airport to the hotel. I introduce to myself. After the shuttle picked us up, I told him i just got back from Washington D.C. He said "That's nice"...

I was at the Ronald Regan International Airport and I called the hotel to ask for directions and after when I hung up on them. I told myself, I know where the hotel was at it was just a short little drive...I thought it would be a long drive but just a short drive...

My room was on the 2nd floor. It was very nice. I think each room it has a suite and i thought that was cool...Our room had a sofa-bed, two beds, microwave and a kitchen... The TV was a Zenith and it was a pretty huge tv with lots of channels with NBC, FOX, ABC, Weather Channel, CNN, CBS, CNN Headline News etc... I was dissapointed because i pressed on the remote channel 66 and the paper said the "menu channel" and the channel guide said it was the tv guide channel. Who is wrong? Menu channel or TV Guide Channel? I thought that was not good... But, Everything seems very nice...

The breakfast was very good. Not alot of people there on a Sunday Morning...They had Waffles, Scrambled Eggs, Sausage, Cereal, Apples, Oranges, Yogurt, Morning Coffee, Orange Juice and Apple Juice... I was surprised at this hotel if you want to go downstairs, get your breakfast, bring it up to your room... At this hotel, SORRY! You can not take food to your room and I told myself. "Why would they do that?" At most hotels, You can take your breakfast up to your room but at this hotel, Think Again!!!... But, That was good when you check-in the front-desk they gave you like a breakfast ticket whenever you go downstairs for breakfast there's like a little box all you need to do is drop off your ticket and enjoy your breakfast...

They really need to add GSN because i was in Washington D.C. and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Dulles International Airport near the Interstate and this was cool they had Game Show Network I thought that was amazing!!! I also thought they should add GSN to the tv guide even though they had lots of channels...

I really enjoyed this hotel... It made me feel warm & comfortable.... I really liked the tv Zenith, It was pretty huge tv... Definitely we will stay here again!!!

Room Tip: "Every room has a Suite" "2nd floor is quiet" "1st floor and the 3rd...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
comfortsuitesairport, General Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

We have already responded to his. Guest Service Agent was removed and reassigned to retraining program immediately. She is a very new (on job three days). We hope that guest will give us another oppotuntiy to serve them.

Reviewed 20 April 2013

Given their reasonable rates, the Comfort Suites Airport in Tucson is a decent place to stay while awaiting onward transportation. Located close to the airport, the hotel was clean, quiet and adequately staffed. There are nicer properties in the area which would be better for an extended stay, but they are also quite a bit more expensive. We had a comfortable night, and were directed to an excellent restaurant about one mile away.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2013

We stayed here for three days. For the money, had no complaint with the room, dated but ok. Breakfast area was way to small for the amount of people staying there, long lines due to bad layout, not enough area to sit, food marginal at best. We ate out after the first day. Pool party's at night going on after 11 PM not good for sleeping.Biggest complaint was on our last day we left at 8 AM to eat breakfast elsewhere, I noticed noticed I left my watch at the hotel, went back 1 hour later, they let me go to my room which someone had been in already and stripped the bed, where I had left my watch. The watch was gone, for the record mattress had bad bad stains on it. Cleaning person was 2 rooms down, but of course never saw it. Desk person said she was so sorry. Gone 1 hour, and the employee cleaning the room was 2 doors down and they did nothing else but, I'm so sorry. Wrote to Choice Motels on their website, was supposed to get a response in 72 hrs., after 9 days I emailed them again. They said I'm sorry send your complaint again and we will review. Upper management sounds as bad as hotel desk staff. My fault for leaving my watch, employees shouldn't steal guests possessions, hotel should have handled this immediately on the spot. Choice Hotels needs some training all the way up the chain of command.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Joek248

We are sorry for the unfortunately event. After the complaint was received, we reviewed the CAMERA (we have 24/7 serveillance) and noticed no one entering the room. As a part of employement all staff are requied to get their belonging (purse etc) inspected before leaving the presmises. Everyone has rights and we can not just bluntly accused anyone of anything unless we have a proof. Staff background is investigated and references are checked before being hired for the employement. In past there has been guest who has filed a complained and found the missing items from their bags when they return home safely. We aplogized to the guest for the unfortunate events.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

My friend and I had a very enjoyable time at this hotel. It was down the road from the airport. The location is very convenient. Sonia, the front desk clerk was friendly and warm and informative. She helped us find our way around and gave us good advice on shopping locations. The pool and hot tub were in working order and were wonderful. It is a good bargain. Breakfast was included and had a good selection of hot and cold options. Beds were comfortable. Not alot of luxury but if you need an economical place to spend the night its not a bad choice at all.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tessa B
Reviewed 25 February 2013

My wife two small kids and I were back in the Tucson area again. We were looking around at other hotels in the area that had suites and we actually preferred a different hotel in the area, but family was staying at the Comfort Suites so we got talked into booking a room here.

As with our previous experience here, this place is not for families with more than one small child! The suites are quite small and rather cramped. Our kids' ages are 11 months and 4 years. My wife is still breastfeeding our 11 month old and we're up 1-2 times overnight to feed him and so she can use her breastpump. There really is no good place to set up a pack 'n play. But at least our 4 year old can use the pull out bed from the couch which did work out nicely. On a side note, we did actually have to put our 4 year old in another one of our family member's room so that he would not be disturbed when we're up overnight with the baby.

The breakfast was actually really good and I do like their variety. However, they really do need to watch the expiration dates especially on fruit! The bananas they tried to serve were very old and quite soft.

The staff is very nice especially the manager, Sandra. She is very easy to work with and quick to respond to needs. She had no problem letting our entire family use the breakfast room for an evening pizza party on our last night there.

I could tell they upgraded their outdoor lighting fixtures since the last time we were there. The parking lot was very well lit and this did give us a bigger sense of security.

As far as the rooms go, they do need some serious updating. The handle on our toilet broke off on the last day we were there and the dark shades were very worn and being held together with a safety pin! It kept out most of the light (and it's even brighter outside now that the outdoor lighting at night is way better than before) but it still let in enough to make it a bit annoying. It just doesn't seem the up-keep of the property is what it was before.

Also the staff really need to emphasize that this is a non-smoking hotel. A few times when walking through the hallway we did smell cigarette smoke. Thankfully none of it got into our room, or the other room where our 4 year old was sleeping, but still it was there.

It's definitely not a bad place as long as it's one person or couples staying in the suite, or a family with 1 small child (even then I wouldn't go that far). But it's still a place that I would bypass for better options in the immediate area. It could be better if they would just update the rooms and make sure maintenance is onsite more frequently and emphasize the non-smoking policy.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank mkdenver1
Reviewed 18 February 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel over President's Day weekend while in town for a softball tournament. When we returned to our room the first day at 4pm we noticed that someone had come into our room and picked up our dirty towels, but our room had not been cleaned. We called the desk and they came to clean the room at 6pm. The next morning we left at 9am and returned at 2pm. The room still had not been cleaned, but someone had entered the room and stolen our iPad! We notified the desk and the police were called. We had a previous engagement and had to leave after having waited over an hour for the police to arrive, so I wrote my statement down and it was given to the police officer by the clerk at the desk. When we returned at 11pm that night we went up to our room and once again the room had not been cleaned! By this time, we were thoroughly fed up. When we checked out the next morning, we spoke with the acting General Manager about how unhappy we were with our stay. Although she was apologetic, the only compensation she could give us was a 10% discount off the room (which barely covered the sales tax for the room). When we asked about paperwork for filing a claim with their insurance company she became uncooperative and refused to help us any further. Avoid this hotel, there are plenty of other choices in the area!

Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank CLO_1964

We are sorry for this unfortunate event. We reviewed the camera and found no one entering the room. We checked belonging of every employees at the time of complaints and review camera. Police were called it. To our surprized she did not wait while police arrived and went to the baseball game rather than giving a statement to the police. It appears that she was not willing to make statement in fornt of the officer of the law. She kept thretening the hotel that she will ruin our reputations if we did not offer her $5000 for her loss. We asked her to send her receit of the purchase so we can process the claim but she never did. Our insurance carrier requires proof of purchse. It appears she had one agend which was to hurt the staff and eventually the hotel.

Reviewed 9 January 2013

I spent one night here while on vacation in the Tuscon area. The hotel was nice, the hotel itself as a bit older but still nice. The rooms themselves were nice, clean and the beds very comfortable. The breakfast in the morning was good enough to get through, and the staff was nice and friendly. It is very close to the airport so if you need to stay here for that it would be very good for that as well.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family