“Value for money!”

Ranked #66 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Aliso Viejo, California
“Value for money!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

Great service, clean, comfortable, and good breakfast! Would defo stop here again if in the area. Friendly service and very helpful. Can't ask for more for the amount of money it cost. Child friendly and not far from restaurants etc

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Libbygrace1901

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

I can't say anything nice about this place it's just horrible! Stayed here due to closeness of airport and their shuttle service (if that's what you want to call it?!?!) the hotel needs to be demolished it stinks and is old and dirty looking. The room was blah! There was trash in the trash cans, black goofy stuff near the tub,which cold have been mold I don't know? The A/C barely worked. Was only there for one night slept horribly and ended up feeling miserable the whole next day. The noise was loud and all you could hear we're doors slamming all night long. I called and complained to the corporate office and that didn't do any good it just makes it obvious to me to never book a Choice Hotel brand again!

Stayed September 2013
comfortsuitesairport, General Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
We are surprized with this guest comment. He was very nice and thank the front desk when he left. Guest seems to be confused also and seems like there were many things going bad in in his life. He constantly complained to the staff how American Economy is messed up and China going to take over this country. We provided the best service that we always do to our guest. Hope his get things worked out in his life. Wish he had given us the oppotunity to respond and reassign our delux suites, but he never did. whole next day. Wish his the very best. Good luck.

GM
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

This property needs a makeover from the bedding pillows to the towels. The pillowcases on the "square" bed pillows were stained. Three were stained yellow and the other two were white. Stained pillow cases are not appealing. The next morning I dried off with a totally tattered bath towel. This towel had four holes in it and all four sides were frayed. I took the towel to the front desk and showed the GM. She was embarrassed by it and apologized. Housekeeing needs to be disciplined for letting this towel re-appear at least 20 times after it was obviously a relic. I put the blame on the CEO at Choice Hotels for letting things like this define the brand. After experiencing this brand in other cities and reading reviews reviews from others, it's clear the highest levels of Choice do not care about the condition or how the properties are managed. What an embarrassment to the Choice brand.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Portal, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

We stayed here the night before an early morning flight. We've stayed here before with no complaints. Wow! Have things changed. This place is a mess. The towels were literally in shreds. The lamp shade had missing pieces, The furniture was damaged. Although the staff was friendly, they could not make up for the deteriorating accommodations. It is a great location, but there are many other hotels to choose from in the immediate area. We normally love Comfort Suites and usually prefer to stay at one of their hotels. Pass on this one!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
We sent an apology letter to the guest. We were equally upset with our new employees behavios. We removed this employee from guest service operation immediately after this event. She has been with us only for three days and it is unfortumate that our guest has to go through it. We would like to have an opportunity to serve this guest again and would over very best to meet their expectations.

Gm
Port Coquitlam, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

I had arrived in Tucson for business and this hotel was book for me. When I went to check in the receptionist was talking to a friend and did not even acknowledge me at all.

I mentioned I had a reservation as it was 8:00 pm and wanted to checkin for doing some work, usual business travel. She looked at me like I was interruppting her and did not even say a word. Her friend left and she went into the back and came back a couple minutes later.

Her attitude was like she was doing me a favour by letting me check-in. Quite an attitude. I decided to cancel my reservation as if this was any indication on the hotel I did not want to stay here. I left and went to another hotel which was much better. During the whole time she did not look at me but was focused on her computer only.

I will highly recommend not to stay here and will note this to our company travel (190,000 employees).

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Douglas, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013

We had 2 rooms at the Comfort Suites Tucson Airport. The reason why is because I flew from Washington D.C. to Tucson and we got a cheap rate at the Comfort Suites Airport... The hotel was very nice. The rooms were nice and we were right next store to each other. I was in Room 219 and my tia was in Room 227.

Ronald helped us out by checking us in. He was very nice and polite. When I got to the hotel because we took a shuttle from the airport to the hotel. I introduce to myself. After the shuttle picked us up, I told him i just got back from Washington D.C. He said "That's nice"...

I was at the Ronald Regan International Airport and I called the hotel to ask for directions and after when I hung up on them. I told myself, I know where the hotel was at it was just a short little drive...I thought it would be a long drive but just a short drive...

My room was on the 2nd floor. It was very nice. I think each room it has a suite and i thought that was cool...Our room had a sofa-bed, two beds, microwave and a kitchen... The TV was a Zenith and it was a pretty huge tv with lots of channels with NBC, FOX, ABC, Weather Channel, CNN, CBS, CNN Headline News etc... I was dissapointed because i pressed on the remote channel 66 and the paper said the "menu channel" and the channel guide said it was the tv guide channel. Who is wrong? Menu channel or TV Guide Channel? I thought that was not good... But, Everything seems very nice...

The breakfast was very good. Not alot of people there on a Sunday Morning...They had Waffles, Scrambled Eggs, Sausage, Cereal, Apples, Oranges, Yogurt, Morning Coffee, Orange Juice and Apple Juice... I was surprised at this hotel if you want to go downstairs, get your breakfast, bring it up to your room... At this hotel, SORRY! You can not take food to your room and I told myself. "Why would they do that?" At most hotels, You can take your breakfast up to your room but at this hotel, Think Again!!!... But, That was good when you check-in the front-desk they gave you like a breakfast ticket whenever you go downstairs for breakfast there's like a little box all you need to do is drop off your ticket and enjoy your breakfast...

They really need to add GSN because i was in Washington D.C. and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Dulles International Airport near the Interstate and this was cool they had Game Show Network I thought that was amazing!!! I also thought they should add GSN to the tv guide even though they had lots of channels...

I really enjoyed this hotel... It made me feel warm & comfortable.... I really liked the tv Zenith, It was pretty huge tv... Definitely we will stay here again!!!

Room Tip: "Every room has a Suite" "2nd floor is quiet" "1st floor and the 3rd...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
We have already responded to his. Guest Service Agent was removed and reassigned to retraining program immediately. She is a very new (on job three days). We hope that guest will give us another oppotuntiy to serve them.

GM
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2013

Given their reasonable rates, the Comfort Suites Airport in Tucson is a decent place to stay while awaiting onward transportation. Located close to the airport, the hotel was clean, quiet and adequately staffed. There are nicer properties in the area which would be better for an extended stay, but they are also quite a bit more expensive. We had a comfortable night, and were directed to an excellent restaurant about one mile away.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family