“Excellent Airport Hotel”

TownePlace Suites Tucson Airport
Ranked #35 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
“Excellent Airport Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2012

Due to my late arrival and early depature, I decided to stay down the by the airport this trip. The Towneplace Suites is a really nice hotel located only about 1 mile from the airprot. I used the hotel shuttle a few times when I was there and they were always prompt and very courteous. The hotel shares a shuttle at times with the Hilton Garden Inn, so don't be confused if that is the one that comes pick you up. Everything at this hotel was really clean (room, gym, pool). The rooms include a kitchen, but I believe at this property they are just mini-suites. This was fine for me. I did hear a little bit of noise from the airport, in the morning, but otherwise it was quiet. Breakfast was included with the room. They had some hot choices as well as cereal, yogurt etc. There are a few places to eat in that area, but the choices are limited, so keep that in mind if you will not have a car during your stay. The printer in the business center was acting up a bit when I was there, but the front desk reprinted my boarding pass for me. Also, there was no sound on CBS on the TV, but they seemed to be aware of that problem, so hopefully that will be resolved soon. Those were the only very small issues that I would have to mention. I would definitely stay here again if I wanted to be close to the airport. Towneplace Suites is becoming one of my favorite Marriott properties.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank debbiejo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Panama City, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2012

Clean, well appointed and large rooms with equally nice common areas. Normal Towneplace Suites breakfast as well. No complaints. This worked perfectly for meetings and the airport shuttle was on time both ways. I really didn't hear any airplGood value and service.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Laredo, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2012

Driving in we thought we were going to be isolated, but eventually got closer and discovered it's in a convenient area with fast food and restaurants nearby for the weary traveler. The rooms were comfortable and bathroom had a convenient shelf on which to put my toiletries. Only one problem, the towels were wet. First we thought maybe the dryer wasn't working, yet later we wondered if they had not been replaced from the previous users. This happend in both rooms we rented. I did mention this to the desk clerk at checkout and she was courteous and said she'd check it out.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012

After a month working in Phoenix..I decided to visit Tucson for the first time and needed to take a two week business trip to Florida..so I took advantage of Towneplace's Park Sleep Fly package thru Marriott.com..with up to 14 days of parking included..I stayed a nite on return trip of my flights but staying the night before your trip is also available...(Sidebar:TUS Int'l is one of the nicest airports to fly in and out of..laid back..efficient..on-time..out of dozens of US airports it is now in my Top 5 faves)..
Okay back to Towneplace...I stopped in day before my flight..and the friendly Katy at the front desk took my reservation and made a note for next day staff that i needed shuttle trip to TUS...
Upon returning to TUS..called hotel..and after a few minutes wait..was shuttled back to Towneplace..and was again greeted by smiley Katy at the front desk who gave me my preferred 3rd floor King room and an early 1 p.m. check-in which was much appreciated by me after an early a.m. flight from the east coast....The entire hotel and the rooms are extremely clean and bright..Nice full size fridge..microwave and stocked kitchen for extended stay convenience...Bathroom was bright..shower is spacious..great water pressure..plenty of hot water..nice toiletries and counter space in bathroom..Bed was very comfy as all Marriott beds are with nice selection of pillows with my favorite down pillows always in the mix..Nice desk for working..flat panel..sofabed/couch..and wi-fi worked well..
Nice workout room with bottled water and towels..and new well maintained fitness equipment with personal TV screens and available earbuds provided..
Pool is larger than you find at many other non resort properties..great water temp..nice relaxing waterfall feature into pool..and lots of chairs..
Courtyard adjacent to pool has nice covered patio area with outdoor fireplace with flat panel TV above..Looks like a great place to hang out and watch some weekend football games in fall/winter...
I am a breakfast guy..and this Townneplace did it very well..nice variety of eggs ..potatoes..french toast.. sausages...juices..."fresh fruit in a bowl"..bananas..yogurt..breads..sweets..pastries...cooked oatmeal...cold cereals..Overall...much better than most complimentary hotel breakfasts..I liked that they had Saturday and Sunday local papers in lobby area for guests as opposed to just a leftover Friday USA Today....Very inviting dining area..with lots of tables..just off lobby area..
Business center had two pc's with wall mounted flat screen monitors...nice ...(and my room key opened the business center door--sorry that is a joke related to my mediocre review of Fairfield Inn Tuscon Airport review)
All the staff I met and chatted with here were very friendly and accommodating..(I had a late check-out with no worries)
Also..If you like to take early a.m. runs..especially in summer to beat the heat..this area is very quiet and lots of opportunities for safe running...
This Towneplace stay was my third (Tampa and Minneapolis were others) and this was by far the best...helped by the fact that it is only a few years old..
For a day ..a week or a month...I highly recommend this Towneplace as the best Marriott family hotel value in Tuscon airport area....

Room Tip: 3rd floor rooms facing back of property offer beautiful mountain views as well as airport in the dis...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Albuquerque, Nm
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2012

TownePlace is trying to be a more “upscale” extended-stay brand hotel and in décor and amenities I would say this location has succeeded in that regard. This location offers only studios (no 1- or 2-bedroom suites) that are not much bigger than a standard mid-level hotel room but they do have more amenities. Kitchens are well-appointed, colors are muted yet pleasant and bathrooms are nicely finished and well-stocked. Towels were surprisingly soft. The closet was huge. The bed was very comfortable. The small sofa converts to a full-size bed if needed. For one person it was more than adequate for the one night I stayed; for a longer stay, however, I would want a larger room or 1-bedroom suite. The staff was great; I got a call from the front desk shortly after settling into my room asking if all was to my satisfaction. Another front desk agent was more than helpful in providing directions to a nearby movie theater. The location is super close to the airport which is good if you have an early flight. I did not partake of the free breakfast so I’m not qualified to comment on that. Housekeeping did just fine as my room was very clean upon arrival. I only recall a convenience store and a Burger King close-by (and possibly a cocktail lounge) so if you need more substantive fare you’ll need a car or a cab. There are a lot of hotel choices near Tucson Airport (budget to upper-mid-level); I’m happy to recommend this one.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Tucson Airport, responded to this review, 10 July 2012
Thank you for the wonderful review! We hope to see you the next time you are in town!

We also offer a complimentary Airport Shuttle as well as shuttle service to The Great American Grill restaurant that is half a mile away!
Bella Vista, Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012 via mobile

I really had high expectations of the TownePlace Suites Tucson Airport. For several years I have been staying at the Residence Inn when conducting business here. To be quite honest, other than slightly smaller rooms, the hotels are very similar both in style and appearance. Even the carpet looks similar. There, unfortunately, is where the similarities end. And, to be honest, it's just the little things. For example, the manager's reception was warm lettuce, cold chicken strips, and breadsticks. There were 3 cans of soda in a bowl filled with ice. At breakfast there is a tip-jar with a hand-written note soliciting tips. (see photo) Very surprising for a Marriott brand in my opinion.
The air conditioner in my room is very, very loud when the compressor goes on and off. The kitchenette is nice, but would be nice if they had a pitcher I could use to store water, or to make iced tea or something and then take advantage of the ice machine etc.

Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Mike W
, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Tucson Airport, responded to this review, 28 June 2012
This is excellent feedback! We appreciate hearing all aspects of your stay with us so we may continuously improve every stay! I have great news as well; we are currently working on an entire new menu for our Managers Reception and will roll these changes out this July!

I sincerely apologize regarding the noise the air conditioning unit caused during your stay I understand how this can effect a good night’s sleep. We are aware that this problem has occurred and have taken all the proper steps to make sure it does not occur again.

We look forward to seeing you again the next time you come to Tucson! I can assure you, you will be pleasantly surprised.
arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

Very nice hotel and we were so sorry we couldnt stay more than one night!..The breakfast was wonderful before we had to catch an early flight. Room was so clean and everything was very nice and clean in the breakfast area and in the lobby. The lobby was charming. We even noticed they had a basketball court on the grounds!..Pool area was very nice also. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple