“If you need close to airport, this is nice.”

TownePlace Suites Tucson Airport
Ranked #34 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 4 September 2013

In town to do business at Tucson International. This hotel is in a complex of similarly nice hotels, very close to the airport. It is new, or at least well maintained, and best of all has a very nice, accommodating staff. I'm looking forward to meeting the General Manager to commend him on his terrific people and obvious concern he/she has for guest comfort. Nice rooms, decent pool, fitness room, kitchenettes, everything I needed for a two week stay. great job Tucson Airport Towne Place employees!

Room Tip: There is an "airport side" & a "street side" but TUS is not a busy airport a...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Michael L, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Tucson Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Ian,
It was great getting to talk with you and we really appreciate your taking the time to provide such wonderful feedback. My Staff and I are very pleased that you and your group are enjoying all of the great amenities we offer. We take great pride in providing an experience you'll remember and even tell others about, and I'm glad we have achieved our goal of exceeding your expectations.

Kind Regards,
Michael & Staff

Reviewed 5 August 2013

I have been staying at this property weekly for 8 weeks and out of 13 years of road warrior business travel, have to say this is the best extended stay property I have stayed. The rooms are super clean and comfortable. Every facility from the gym to the laundry and the pool are always immaculate. But the biggest amenity is the staff who are absolutely wonderful! The General Manager is very enaged with her guests and clearly leads professionallyl based on the friendliness and professionalism of the rest of the staff. Housekeeping is ALWAYS friendly, polite and accomodating. The breakfasts and dinners are always good. Bill, Melinda, Jenna, Vinny and the rest of the front desk staff are extremely helpful and accomodating. I very much enjoy this property and will miss visiting when my project in Tucson ends. Even during a 2 week trip in which I brought my children and small dogs, the stay was fabulous thanks to the great staff, fantastic amenities and convenient location.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
tusta6595, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Tucson Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. My staff and I are pleased to know that we have exceeded your expectations when you stayed with us. We take great pride in ensuring each and every guest gets 110% of our best and I’m happy to know that we’ve succeeded in this goal. Our staff is our biggest asset and it’s great to have them recognized by our guests. We know your Tucson project has come to an end, however, we hope that you will return the TownePlace Suites Tucson Airport whenever life brings you back to the Desert.

With Pleasure
Michael & Staff

Reviewed 2 June 2013

I stayed two nights for business and took a side trip to Chiricahua National Monument.
Bed was comfortable, room was clean. Front desk guy was super pleasant.
Pluses: Close to the airport.
Minuses: Internet was not working for one evening. Breakfast food was not so good, but I was able to quickly find a coffee/cafe 1/2 mile away.
For a relatively newish property, hallways were looking a little beat up from wear and tear. Could use some paint and minor spackling. A previous repair was obvious in my room and was not quite up to par. (For the record, I work in corporate facilites and get paid to identify less-than-acceptable TI work.)

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
tusta6595, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Tucson Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2013

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us! I am happy to tell you we are currently upgrading our wireless internet and it will be completed very shortly! We appreciate you noticing the drywall issues and letting us know so that we may make the correct repairs. We would love to see you again on your next trip to Tucson so that we may have the opportunity to exceed your expectations!

With Pleasure,
Katie Hunter

Reviewed 20 May 2013

Overall, this was not a bad experience. Only two real complaints: First, I found 7 AM a little late for serving the hot breakfast. They should bump that up to 6:30 on the weekends. People staying over a weekend are generally staying for a reason - and getting up late might not be on the agenda. I was not alone with either having to settle for cereal or rush through breakfast. Second, on the second night of my two-night stay, I was awakened out of a sound sleep by the folks in an adjoining room making "appropriate acclamations to the Lord." You know, the kind of stuff accompanied by the repeated phrase, "Oh, God!" I would think for nearly $120/night the rooms would have a little better sound isolation.

The fee mentioned brings up another gripe: I don't get how being able to do a last-minute cancellation should cost an extra $50/night. I saw an online price of $71/night for this stay, but was quoted $103 (not including taxes). When I questioned this, I was told that the online price was for a pre-paid room with my card being charged immediately. I realize lots of hotel chains do this, but I don't think that makes it right, so hence the ding for Marriot's policy of doing this.

I liked the mini-kitchen and larger refrigerator as I hate eating out, but probably would have been served as well in a room that simply had a microwave and 'frige. Other than that, the room was the standard "white rice" fare.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Sue C
tusta6595, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Tucson Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Dear Sue C,
Thank you very much for the review! It is our goal to exceed your expectations. I am glad to announce that we are upgrading our breakfast availability times soon to accommodate for early risers like yourself! We hope to provide excellent service on your next trip to Tucson!

Katie Hunter

Reviewed 9 April 2013

We spent 6 days here and were overwhelmed by the quality of service! From our huge suite, excellent food, and always friendly staff to the cleanliness and great location, we couldn't have been happier. And when the gentleman at the front desk, Bill, heard it was our 10 yr old son's birthday, a staff member brought up cookies and popcorn for him and that night, a cake a balloon!! He and everyone else went out of their way to make sure everyone staying there was as comfortable as possible. We will definitely be staying there again the next time we are in Tucson!

• Stayed: March 2013
Katie H, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Tucson Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2013

We are very blessed to have had the opportunity to help your family celebrate your sons 10th birthday! It is our pleasure to make every stay with us as memorable as possible. Hopefully we will see your family again for his 11th birthday!

Reviewed 2 April 2013

Family reunion brought us here for two nights, two rooms for daughter, son-in-law, grand daughter and for wife and I. We arrived just at the end of the evening reception and had a very nice meal of tacos, rice, beans along with wine, beer and sodas. Our rooms were very pleasant with large comfortable bed, small sofa/bed, tables, work area and a small kitchen with range/stove, sink, small refrigerator, cabinets with dishes,glasses, and such. Nicely done bathroom. Staff was great, friendly, accommodating and professional. Public areas are well kept and decorated. An outdoor patio with couches, tables chairs, fireplace and TV is a pleasant touch, along with a wonderful pool area. Breakfast was typical of hotel layout, but food was plentiful and varied, from waffles to eggs, sausage, fresh fruits, cereals and such. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Some larger suites are available.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

We are very glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 11 March 2013

This property is only a few years old; but it is obviously well maintained. We stayed 3 nights for a getaway, and it gets high marks all around. Friendly staff, well appointed and immaculate room, clean heated pool and a decent hot breakfast is available.

There is a social hour most not all evenings, and while we did not partake it was well attended and decently provisioned considering it was free.

It's close to the airport, and this means it's not so close groceries and shopping, but Tucson enjoys good traffic movement most days, and once you get up to the city proper there is all manner of shopping and dining. And if you're leaving by air...........5 minutes !

There is so much of the Sonoran desert that is worth your time, you really need to plan a few days in this special place. This property is a great place to use as home base.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Katie H, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Tucson Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2013

Thank you for this wonderful review of our hotel and city! We hope to see you again soon!