“Awesome stay for a weekend girls trip”

TownePlace Suites Tucson Airport
Ranked #35 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Phoenix, Arizona
“Awesome stay for a weekend girls trip”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

My mom and I stayed here for two nights while checking out the southern Arizona wineries. Great value with complimentary breakfast that was very delicous. Small workout facility that had the basics; however, it was not tended to during my stay... No fresh towels were present and the garbage was not emptied. One machine was broken.

Other than that, this is a great property. Room was comfortable though I am not sure they offer 2 queen beds? Only a pull out sofa.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Michael L, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Tucson Airport, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. My Team and I are pleased to know that we have exceeded your expectations on your recent trip to visit Southern Arizona’s Winery’s. We take great pride in ensuring each and every guest enjoys their experience with us and I’m happy to know that we’ve succeeded in this goal. I would like to thank you for your review as it provides valuable feedback that we can use to enhance our guests experience and incorporate into our training procedures. We hope that you will come see us again at the TownePlace Suites Tucson Airport whenever your travels bring you back to Tucson.
Michael & Staff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
San Diego
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Great place to stay while visiting Tucson (University of Arizona). Staff, room, cleanliness, breakfast -- all great! Need I say more? Property is obviously pretty new. Comfortable and plenty of free parking.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Michael L, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Tucson Airport, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. My staff and I are pleased to know that we have exceeded your expectations on your recent trip to visit Tucson’s University of Arizona. We take great pride in ensuring each and every guest enjoys their experience with us and I’m happy to know that we’ve succeeded in this goal. We hope that you will come see us again at the TownePlace Suites Tucson Airport whenever your travels bring you back to Tucson.

Phoenix, AZ, USA
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

After staying at another chain for most of my short trips to Tucson, I decided to give the TownePlace Suites in Tucson a try after a recommendation from a friend. I was in town for an event and was offered a great rate using a promo code - the rate was almost two-thirds less than the hotel I normally use. The front desk person, Jenna, was very welcoming when I checked in during the evening. I had a room on the 2nd floor and with the hotel only having three floors there was never a wait for the elevator which is a definite plus. My room, although not large, was certainly more than adequate for me with a comfortable king bed, a sitting area and a well-stocked kitchen with a refrigerator, stove, and microwave oven. Bathroom was good and had Paul Mitchell toiletries. The next morning I was pleasantly surprised by the complimentary breakfast offered to all guests - eggs, bacon/sausage, potatoes plus make your own waffles and many continental choices as well. An excellent start to the day! All-in-all, the hotel was very good and I will definitely return on my next trip to Tucson.

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank alsobidingmytime
Michael L, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Tucson Airport, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel on trip advisor. It is indeed our goal to exceed your expectations and we are pleased that we have succeeded in this goal. It’s wonderful to have our team members recognized and I will be sure to pass along your kind words. We are also pleased to know that you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast buffet, and found everything that you could wish for in your room. It was our pleasure having you stay with us, and we hope all these wonderful experiences, will entice you to come visit our desert oasis when you return.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Awesome value for money - excellent clean rooms

Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday complimentary evening social hour to include food and drinks .

Good breakfast everyday.

Very friendly staff

Laundry

Fitness Room

Nice Pool

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RichS65
Michael L, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Tucson Airport, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Thank You for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. We are pleased to know that you had the opportunity to enjoy our wonderful amenities like our full hot breakfast buffet and our complimentary social hour. We strive to exceed our guest’s expectations and we are glad to know that we have succeeded in this goal. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again when you return to Tucson.

Tucson
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Our early morning flight out of Tucson airport was a far more pleasant experience having such a nice property to spend the night in (and utilize their free airport van service for the trips to and from the airport). We utilized a park and fly option for our European trip, leaving our car at the Towne Suites for the entire trip.

The room was very comfortable clean, and well appointed. The entire facility seems to be well maintained (in keeping with the Marriott brand) and the 3 story building was quiet at night (number one on our requirements list). The room's kitchen really is quite small, just barely adequate for a very light dinner preparation.

The breakfast was probably the weakest part of the stay. Selections were very limited and not very good in taste or freshness; it was better than nothing (but not by much). We've stayed at Marriott products in many places and this was, by far (no contest), the worst breakfast offering of any of our stays anywhere, ever.

The hotel staff is helpful and pleasant; the young lady who picked us up at the airport went above and beyond expectations, putting our luggage in our car trunk for us.

We would stay there again but would probably pass on the breakfast, or maybe bring our own things to eat instead. The coffee was good, however.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Michael L, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Tucson Airport, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to provide valuable feedback about your experience at our hotel. I’m pleased to know that overall you enjoyed yourself while traveling and utilized our Park and Fly Option. I would like to follow up with you about your less than satisfactory breakfast experience and tell you that it is our goal to exceed your expectations and I’m sorry to hear that we fell shy of this important goal. We are always looking for ways to improve on our guest experiences and I would love to discuss things further with you so that we may ensure a positive breakfast experience for all of our guests in the future. Please email me at tps.tusta.gm@marriott.com so that I may have the opportunity to get further details about your experience with breakfast as I’d like to utilize your feedback during training. My team and I care very deeply for our guests and want them to have a wonderful and problem free experience at our property and your response and feedback is greatly appreciated.
I hope that you will come see us again and give us another chance to show you the kind of service that our guests have come to expect at the TownePlace Suites Tucson Airport.
Kind Regards
Michael & Team
tucson
Reviewed 19 September 2013

This Marriott property is superb. We, again, used it for pre flight stay. The free light dinner with drinks, the breakfast, the free parking while traveling, prompt shuttle, clean, well equipped suites..play area, lovely pool. .
The best part of this property, as in my last review, is the unbelievable staff. Our last 2 Hilton level 4 properties stays were nothing compared to this gem. Kiddos to Jenna.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Michael L, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Tucson Airport, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. My staff and I are pleased to know that we have exceeded your expectations. We take great pride in ensuring each and every guest enjoys their experience with us and I’m happy to know that we’ve succeeded in this goal. Our staff is our biggest asset and it’s great to have them recognized by our guests. We hope that you will come see is again at the TownePlace Suites Tucson Airport whenever your travels bring you to Tucson.
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 4 September 2013

In town to do business at Tucson International. This hotel is in a complex of similarly nice hotels, very close to the airport. It is new, or at least well maintained, and best of all has a very nice, accommodating staff. I'm looking forward to meeting the General Manager to commend him on his terrific people and obvious concern he/she has for guest comfort. Nice rooms, decent pool, fitness room, kitchenettes, everything I needed for a two week stay. great job Tucson Airport Towne Place employees!

Room Tip: There is an "airport side" & a "street side" but TUS is not a busy airport a...