“Nice comfortable hotel”

TownePlace Suites Tucson Airport
Ranked #35 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Very nice and helpful staff. The rooms are clean and maintained. The free breakfast is nice since I am here for work and don't have time to run out and eat.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Michael L, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Tucson Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank you for your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. It is indeed our goal to exceed your expectations and we are pleased that we have succeeded in this goal. It was our pleasure having you with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

I needed a hotel that offered free airport shuttle as I had a very early flight. I only booked for one night, next trip will consider staying longer. Very clean, fully equiped mini-kitchen with a dishwasher- yeah! Bathroom was very clean and attractive. Room was spacious and quiet. Staff was extremely helpful and the shuttle really did arrive within 5 minutes of asking for it. A little hard to find without mapquest but once you see the landmarks, i.e. Waffle House. It was a direct route. I agree with others that this deserves more than the 2.5 stars it was rated as by priceline. I got a very good price for the single night.

Room Tip: The room by the elevator wasn't a problem, nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Michael L, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Tucson Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We are delighted that your stay with the TownePlace Suites by Marriott Tucson Airport was enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you again for a longer trip where you may have the opportunity to really utilize the amenities we offer.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Excellent value at this property. Very friendly staff, very clean rooms and throughout the hotel.
Breakfast was basic, but included in the moderate rate, so no complaints at all. We spent 3 nights and enjoyed our time. WiFi worked well too.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Michael L, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Tucson Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide valuable feedback about our hotel. My Team and I are pleased to know that we have exceeded your expectations on your recent trip to visit Tucson. We take great pride in ensuring each and every guest enjoys their experience with us and I’m happy to know that we’ve succeeded in this goal. It’s wonderful to have our team members recognized and I will be sure to pass along your kind words in our daily meetings. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

We were in town to watch College Baseball so this hotel worked very well for us. We enjoyed the tasty breakfast each morning, well-maintained workout facilities, recommendations for restaurants by the personnel at the front desk, comfortable king bed, having a mini-kitchen for a few meals and drinks, and being able to relax by the pool in the warm sun! The room was cleaned well for us and was quiet at night. All this made for a relaxing week.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Michael L, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Tucson Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Thank you for your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. It is indeed our goal to exceed your expectations and we are pleased that we have succeeded in this goal. It was our pleasure having you with us for you trip to visit Tucson and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Just completed a 12-night stay there. I often wonder how people compare hotels. This TownePlace stay followed a 3-night stay at the Cosmopolitan Las Vegas, one of the most expensive hotels in Vegas, but I gave the same 5-star rating for both hotels. Do people use the price as the measurement for comparing hotels? But I paid only $30 more for the Cosmo than this TownePlace, so it seems not fair to the Cosmo, right?
So should I compare this TownePlace against other TownePlace hotels?
Anyhow, last year we stayed at Residence Inn Tucson Williams Centre for 2 weeks. The hotel was fine and the guy who prepared foods for evening social was great. The reason we did not stay there this time was extremely slow WiFi. So this year I had reserved Residence Inn Tucson Airport, but finally choose to stay at this TownePlace because the hotel dropped the price by $30 a night.
The room was smaller than Residence Inn but OK with us. Nice and clean. Staff were extremely friendly. This housekeeping lady rushed to our room door and opened it with her key twice when I was carrying coffee. The tall maintenance guy - think his name was Jack but not sure - was quick to fix one of the treadmills that wasn't working and the printer. This elderly lady who attended breakfast and evening social always came around asking if we liked the foods and brought napkins for me. Breakfast was usual, except some sliced French Toast type bread which my wife loved. Foods at evening social were all great for 5 times we ate.
Gym was small with 6 machines no weight. But this is TownePlace, not the Cosmo.
What separate this TownePlace from other TownePlace is that, as I said above, offers evening social on Tu, Wed, and Th with free wine and canned Coor's Light. The nearby Fairfield Inn we stayed 3 years ago also had evening social. So that might be the result of competition. But we love those evening social because, other than being free, we could try different kinds of foods otherwise we might never tried.
OK. Everything cannot be good. One of the 2 PCs was down for our entire stay. The number of USA Today was very small. We stayed 12 nights and USA Today does not publish on weekends so there were 8 days for us to be able to get the newspaper. I grabbed the last copy on 3 days, and there were no copies on 4 days and only one day there were more than one copy at the front desk. Also when you went down to eat breakfast at 8am we often found that there were no yogrt or fresh cut fruits left. But whole oranges and banana were always there. But then I cannot complain much because newspaper and foods were free things.
Overall, this place was excellent and we will come back again.
I am a Marriott Platinum member so we usually stay at Marriott chain hotels. I have noticed a few years ago that the quality of towels went down drastically, but recently it is bouncing back. The towels at this TownePlace was really great. Bed was comfortable as well.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank YOSHI M
Michael L, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Tucson Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide great feedback about our hotel on TripAdvisor. We are delighted that your stay with the TownePlace Suites Tucson Airport was enjoyable. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future. It is clear to me based on your comment that you are well traveled with Marriott Hotels and I appreciate the detail of your review. This kind of detailed feedback can be rare to find, but serves as an invaluable tool to help with training our team to provide the very best service possible. It was our pleasure having you stay with us for you trip to visit Tucson and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

We stayed here 5 nights to watch the spring season for pro-soccer, Desert Diamond Cup (Kino Sports Complex). One of our favorite hotels in the Marriott chain. It's near the tournament, sparklingly new and clean, roomy, and very well run. We had a business studio, which gives you a desk and pull out table. Besides the free internet and breakfasts, there are light meals included Tuesday-Thursday. We made a couple of meals in the kitchenette too. It was even warm enough in February to enjoy the pool this year. The front desk personnel are the best, especially Michael and Vinney. It's not in the foothills, but you can drive most places in 15-25 minutes. Although near the airport, it's a block off main roads, so it's surprisingly quiet. We used Marriott points for part of our stay at 10k/night. What a deal!

Room Tip: We have stayed on different floors, never a problem.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to provide valuable feedback about our hotel. My Team and I are pleased to know that we have exceeded your expectations on your recent trip to visit Tucson for the pro-soccer Desert Diamond Cup. We take great pride in ensuring each and every guest enjoys their experience with us and I’m happy to know that we’ve succeeded in this goal. It’s wonderful to have our team members recognized and I will be sure to pass along your kind words in our daily meetings. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

My sisters and I stayed for two nights at this facility because of its proximity to the Tucson Airport. Though the location is not near the center of Tucson, it is close to several shopping malls that were more than adequate. Enjoyed the pool and the breakfast. Breakfast was more than adequate with plenty of fresh fruits and hot items. Oatmeal could have been better prepared.

Room Tip: We had room 217 and heard nothing for two nights..
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family