Hampton Inn & Suites Tucson East / Williams Centre
Ranked #22 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 26 December 2013

My family & I stayed at The Hampton Inn & Suites from 12/23/13-12/26/13 & really enjoyed our stay. We arrived pretty late
& the person at the desk was friendly & helpful. Our room was great! The breakfast is wonderful, just make sure you make it before 9:30 because most of the food will be gone by then. The hotel is centrally located to great restaurants & a big mall. Overall, the hotel is new, the rooms are clean & the staff, from the front desk staff to the cleaning staff were extremely friendly. I would stay again!

• Stayed: December 2013
Mickey M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tucson East / Williams Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

As general manager of the Hampton Inn and Suites Tucson East, I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our success is dependent on the feedback we get from loyal customers like you. Thank you for the positive remarks regarding your stay with us. I have an amazing staff here that makes my job a lot easier. Our property is also situated in a great location on the desirable east side of Tucson right across from the Park Place mall and within walking distance to a plethora of great restaurants. Thank you again for the kind comments and we look forward to having you stay with us again soon. Please let me know if there’s anything else we can do to make your next stay with us feel more like home.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Tucson East / Williams Centre

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Good, service, comfortable bed, spacious room, great staff, good breakfast choices and sparkling clean. I was a late arrival and check-in went quick with no problems. Great coffee in the dining room the next morning actually made me smile. I'll be back!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank drjohn60

As general manager of the Hampton Inn and Suites Tucson East, I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our success is dependent on the feedback we get from loyal customers like you. Thank you for the generous comments regarding your stay with us. Hampton has a great product and I am blessed to work for such a great company. We look forward to your return trip to Tucson. Please let me know if there’s anything else we can do to make your next stay with us feel more like home.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

We come to Tucson at least once a year. We find this hotel to be in a convenient area, a good value and has a very nice breakfast area. For those of us needing a business office at times, the business center is easy to access and use. While we were only there for pleasure this time, we find the ability to walk to somewhere for dinner if you wanted and to a drug store is very convenient. The staff goes out of their way to be friendly and accommodating. Over all, the hotel looks fresh and nice and we find it to be a great fit for us when we visit. If you stay for several days, you may find the breakfast buffet to not offer enough changes, but the food is decent and there is a good selection of hot and cold items.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lynne M

As general manager of the Hampton Inn and Suites Tucson East, I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our success is dependent on the feedback we get from loyal customers like you. Thank you for the kind words regarding your stay with us. Our staff here is exceptional and I am honored to be part of such a great team that exceeds expectations day in and day out and work diligently to keep our hotel looking new and fresh. We look forward to your next stay with us. Please let me know if there’s anything else we can do to make your next stay with us feel more like home.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

I don't expect a lot from a hotel because I don't spend a lot of time there. Mostly I'm just looking for a clean place to sleep where everything is in working order. Our first issue was the the television in our room only displayed red and green. I was wondering why everyone in House Hunters was wearing red and green clothes, then I realized the sky was also green. While not a huge issue, it definitely detracted from the experience. The second issue was housecleaning. I hate for other people to clean up my mess so we try to do a lot for ourselves, including neatening up the bed, picking up towels, etc. however, when we got back to our room it didn't appear she or he had done much of anything besides take the tip I left. They had taken the open shampoo bottle and didn't replace it with anything. My daughter didn't realize that until she was in the shower and so she had to wash her hair with soap. They did replace a couple of coffee packets but didn't replace the cups. On the plus side, the breakfast is much better than most free breakfasts. I would, however, probably try another hotel before staying here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Nancy L

As general manager of the Hampton Inn and Suites Tucson East, I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our success is dependent on the feedback we get from loyal customers like you. I’m so sorry to hear that your television display was discolored and the housekeeping service did not replace supplies and do a thorough clean of your room. This is completely unacceptable to me and I apologize on behalf of the staff here at the Hampton Inn and Suites Tucson East/ Williams Center. We assure you that this is not the norm, and we will make every effort to ensure it doesn’t happen again. We hope that you’ll give us the opportunity to make this up to you the next time you’re passing through. Please let me know if there’s anything else we can do to make your next stay with us feel more like home.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Well done to the staff, especially "Joe" who took great care of us upon checking in, including recognizing previous stays and Awards Member status. The breakfast items are beginning to become a bit tired, but this is a Hampton Inn chain problem, not just at this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Mickey M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tucson East / Williams Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

As general manager of the Hampton Inn and Suites Tucson East, I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our success is dependent on the feedback we get from loyal customers like you. Thank you for the kind words regarding your stay with us. Joe is a tremendous asset to our hotel and we are lucky to have him on our team. Be on the lookout for changes to the Hampton breakfast coming soon. I know Hampton is looking into more appealing breakfast options and they will soon be rolled out. Thank you again for the kind words and we are pleased to hear you had a great experience with us. We look forward to your return trip to Tucson. Please let me know if there’s anything else we can do to make your next stay with us feel more like home.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

I usually stay at a Hampton Inn & Suites or Comfort Suites, for the free hot breakfast, free internet. This one was as usual fits my requirements. Only drawback was there was no microwave or refrigerator included in the room. But the staff allowed us to store our leftovers in the kitchen and allowed us to use the microwave after hours. That was the only inconvenience of our stay.

Room Tip: Top Floor, mountain side and away from busy street.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

As general manager of the Hampton Inn and Suites Tucson East, I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our success is dependent on the feedback we get from loyal customers like you. I’m so sorry that your room was not equipped with a fridge and microwave. Our property has fridges and microwaves in all of our King Studio suites, but unfortunately not in our standard king and double queen bed rooms. We do have fridges and microwaves on site that can be requested to be put into our standard rooms. I am happy to hear our staff accommodated use of our fridge and microwave after hours for your convenience. Please contact me before your return travels to Tucson and I will make sure your room will be equipped with a microwave and mini fridge. Please let me know if there’s anything else we can do to make your next stay with us feel more like home.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Pretty good hotel overall but we were disappointed that as Hilton Honors Members our ground flloor room was given away and we were given a 2nd floor room instead. My husband called the day of our check in and was told there was a ground floor room available but because we got tied up with a family dinner we had to arrive later than we had expected and our ground floor room was given away despite guaranteed late arrival with a credit card.

Secondly, we asked for a fridge to be brought to us and were given a bum fridge that didn't work. We plugged it in and thought uit would get cold but it never did and some leftovers we put in there spoiled. ugh. :(

Please, check the fridge to make sure it works before delivering it to the room. Also, please don't give away our room when I had booked it 2 months prior online on Hampton's website.

We were staying 3 nights so had a bit of luggage and it was a pain taking it upstairs.

Other than this the food was good and plenteous and the food host/manager was very nice to talk to. Please give him a raise. The blonde front desk lady was very nice also and directed me to a CVS close by within walking distance. :)

We will stay here again but hope that next time we will get the ground floor room and a fridge that works.
Got a good rate with AAA. Good location. Mimi's restaurant across the street going west and CVS within walking distance for toiletries. Not too far east and not too far west. Just right.

Room Tip: Don't arrive late or your ground floor room will be given away even if booked with a credit card...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

As general manager of the Hampton Inn and Suites Tucson East, I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our success is dependent on the feedback we get from loyal customers like you. I’m so sorry to hear that your ground floor request was not honored and that you were given a bad fridge that did not work. Our staff here tries to accommodate every request and it is unfortunate to hear that your requests were not granted to you. I can assure you that is not the norm for our hotel and we would love to make it up to you when your travels bring you back to Tucson. Thank you also for the kind words regarding our breakfast host and guest service agent. I truly have been blessed with an exceptional staff here. Once again I apologize for the inconveniences incurred during your stay. If there is anything I can do in the meantime please don't hesitate to contact me. Please let me know if there’s anything else we can do to make your next stay with us feel more like home.