“Awesome stay, awesome staff”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tucson City Center
Ranked #13 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 19 January 2012

Stayed at this hotel as part of road trip in NV and AZ.

Great welcome from April mon the front desk - stayed here three days because of the service, when I was only intending to stay overnight. Hotel is just off I-10

Really impressive room, clean and tidy. nice bedding. AC and overhead fan.

Great range of channels on TV and all-day coffee, cookies and candy at reception.

Super hot breakfast, which set you up for the day.

Very friendly staff, and would definately recommend.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 29 December 2011

Blanca was incredible when we checked in around midnight on our road trip. She was accommodating and provided excellent customer service. The cookies were delicious! The double suite was spacious and fit our needs perfectly. The room was very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 December 2011

I had rarely stayed in a Country Inn before and was very impressed by this one. I was given a large suite with a "river" view on check in (as well as cookies and bottled water). The suite had every convenience, including fridge and microwave and the bed was extra comfortable. Wifi is free. Front desk was very helpful and friendly. Parking plentiful. Definitely good value for money compared with peers such as Hampton Inn or Hilton Garden Inn. One slight down note is that it is somewhat awkwardly located on a one way road parallel to the Highway, so if you might have to go around a very large block (across the river north and back across the river) to get there. Also, although it is indicated as "downtown" and only a three minute drive from Tucson's "center", I would not attempt to walk.

Room Tip: I assume the "river" side of the hotel is quieter than the "highway" facing side...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 December 2011

I was pleasantly surprised by the service and accommodations. Very close to downtown Tucson. Overly helpful and kind front desk service. Room very spacious, flat screen tv, desk, fridge. Cozy lobby with complimentary fresh fruit, bottled water, and cookies. I was offered a lower rate (considerably) as I was checking in late in the evening (8pm). Dogs are allowed, and my dog fee (think it was $20) was waived when I signed up for free frequent users club. Would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank MOBTD10
Reviewed 9 December 2011

I was looking for a decent, not-too-expensive place to stay in Tucson for just one night while passing through, and this property fit the bill. The staff was super-friendly and helpful, the room was clean and comfy, and the location is very convenient. And you can't beat the amenities. (The free bottled water was a telling contrast to the $7 Fiji bottle sitting in the room of the "upscale" hotel I stayed in the next night.)

In fact, our plans changed and we found ourselves having to return to Tucson unexpectedly two nights later. We gladly booked a room here again.

(Like some others posting here, I had never stayed in a Country Inn & Suites before. In fact, I had never really heard of the chain, and probably wouldn't have chosen it if it weren't for the good ratings here on TA. I was a bit skeptical--the name made me expect some sort of Cracker Barrel meets The Waltons kind of thing. But it's really more along the lines of a Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn Express. We liked it a lot, and we'll probably stay at one again.)

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank OgdenNash
Reviewed 3 December 2011

I've stayed at the Country Inn & Suites Tucson City Center twice now, once within a couple of months or so of it opening and now for the second time. On both occasions I was very impressed with both the property and staff. The rates are quite reasonable. The rooms are well maintained. The staff are very friendly and attentive. The inclusive breakfast is one of the best I've had.

There is coffee available all day, freshly baked cookies in reception (although I have resisted the temptation so far!) as well as bottled water.

This is now my first choice for accommodation in Tucson.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank jb012
Reviewed 20 November 2011

We traveled to Tucson for El Tour de Tucson Bike Race, and wanted to stay near the Start/Finish Area. Hotel was 1.6 miles from the start. We've never paid so little for such quality and service before.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor, Room 113, for a bike race. They accommodated racers by starting the b...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BBV13
Travellers also viewed these Tucson hotels
Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites
Homewood Suites by Hilton Tucson/St. Philip's Plaza University
Comfort Suites at Sabino Canyon
Hampton Inn Tucson-Airport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tucson Airport
Lodge on the Desert
Lodge on the Desert
#20 of 129 in Tucson

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tucson City Center? Share your experiences!