“Brand New, Clean, & Friendly”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tucson City Center
Ranked #13 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 22 July 2010

This hotel still smells like new construction, it's so new.
- Everything was nicely decorated and comfortable.
-It's right off I-10 (literally) which makes it very convenient to get around and I never heard any freeway noise anywhere in the hotel.
-The entire staff was friendly and helpful (and we asked a lot of questions).
-The breakfast bar was one of the best with fresh scrambled eggs, sausage, hash browns, and french toast. They also had a waffle maker and all the standard continental breakfast items. And all throughout the day, they had water bottles available to make sure we stayed hydrated.

-The only down side was that the rooms were a little tight. I wouldn't really say they were small but there was nowhere to put your suitcase if you wanted to leave it open and there was no luggage rack. But otherwise the room was clean & comfortable and had a frig. and microwave. and great channel selection on the TV. I do think if I wasn't using our hotel points, I would have booked a suite instead to give us more room.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank travfamily5

Reviewed 30 May 2010

Arriving late at night I was greeted by a very friendly front desk person (Mr. Miller).
The room was clean. Free Breakfast absolutely the best I've had in a long time. Much better than a Marriott. Menu varied.

Only downside was the noise from the highway. Next time I will take a room in the rear.
Convenient to the highway.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank ZSO
Reviewed 4 May 2010

When Priceline picked this hotel for me I couldn't have been happier. I had read some good reviews about it but even upon arrival I could tell this hotel would be fantastic. The hotel staff was very nice and extremely helpful. He told us of a very good Mexican restuarant to eat at, so we went to his recommendation, El Charro. I liked the Otis Spunkmeyer, chocolate chip cookies that they had at the front desk. If that wasn't enough the man at the front desk said that there was milk and bottled water that we could have in the breakfast eating/lounge area. The hotel is brand new, so everything is super nice and clean. The bedroom is one you might find at a four star hotel. There is granite on the kitchen sink and the entire shower surround. The beds were comfortable. There is a nice flat screen TV with many chanels and a nice size mini fridge. The location of this hotel is just perfect, we were only about 5 min from the historic downtown district, that is also were El Charro is. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone and I will be looking for more Country Inns to stay at in my next travels.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank olidivia
Reviewed 19 April 2010

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The staff was very professional and friendly. The room was CLEAN and quiet. There is after hours security, lots of free parking, free wifi, and free breakfast every morning. The freshly made cookies at the front desk was very good, and there was free bottled water 24/7 in the breakfast area. The price was very good for this hotel, and they will be my first choice when I return.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank kaminhi
Reviewed 20 March 2010

We had a suite with 2 queen beds and a pull out couch.
Since it is only 2 months old, facilities were all new and clean. Excellent beds!
Staff very friendly, recommended good restaurants.
Free wireless and free computers/printers near lobby.
Breakfast included eggs, potatoes, bacon or sausage, waffles, cereal, fruit, juice, milk, coffee, tea, hot chocolate.
Pool out front, so was noisy from highway.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank LucySlater518
Reviewed 18 March 2010

We spent four nights at this hotel and loved every aspect of it. This is a new hotel, only being open since January 12, 2010. We found the accomodations spacious and very comfortable. The entire staff were all pleasant and very helpful. We had an issue with the price of our room to which the Manager was extremely understanding and made an adjustment in our favor. The morning breakfast was excellent,,,eggs, cereal, breads, bagels, pancakes, waffles, bottled water, etc. We have stayed in several Country Inns and have always found them good value and lovely accomodations. The only slight negative is that it is off the I-10 Freeway and is thus not in a resort type setting. It is a good location however, since it is close to downtown and Arizona University with easy access to the freeway.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank slr_7
Reviewed 3 February 2010

We decided to stay at the Country Inn & Suites Tucson City Center. We arrived at the hotel to a very friendly and knowledgable staff, the accomodations were great. The room was very comfortable to stay in, the bed was perfect, loved all of the interior decorations, making it a very home like feeling. The breakfast was delicious and included a huge selection of food including scrambled eggs & pancakes. We will definitely stay here again as we frequently travel to Tucson.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank imatravlr80
Travellers also viewed these Tucson hotels
Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites
Homewood Suites by Hilton Tucson/St. Philip's Plaza University
Comfort Suites at Sabino Canyon
Hampton Inn Tucson-Airport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tucson Airport
Lodge on the Desert
Lodge on the Desert
#20 of 129 in Tucson

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tucson City Center? Share your experiences!