“Interesting Museum”

The Mini Time Machine Museum of Miniatures
Ranked #18 of 309 things to do in Tucson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Discover the magical world of miniatures at The Mini Time Machine Museum of Miniatures, where visitors are seemingly transported to different lands and times through the stories told by over 300 miniature houses and roomboxes, expertly displayed in over 10,000 square-feet of state-of-the-art exhibit space. The Museum’s permanent collection boasts antique dollhouses dating to 1742, contemporary fine-scale miniatures and enchanting collectibles. Frequent temporary exhibits, special programs and events mean there is always something new to see. The Chicago Tribune has claimed; “The magic of this place cannot be overstated.” For a truly memorable experience, don’t miss this one-of-a-kind collection in a world-class setting.
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Took my Granddaughter and daughter there and found it to be fairly interesting. Grand was really too young to appreciate a lot of what was there to see at age 4. It's pretty much a ton of miniature cities/villages and such. Worth the time, but not for small children

1  Thank TucsonGrammy

Reviewed 19 August 2014

It is amazing to see all they have to offer in miniature. It is good for everyone. They have displays for every season. You really have to experience it. Hard to describe.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I'm not sure how I found this place - on one of the tourist sites, I think. But I'm so glad we visited it. Our party included four adults, three boys under the age of 9 and a four-year-old girl. All of us were fascinated by this museum. It's located in a non-descript neighborhood - I thought we were driving the wrong way many times. We spent over two hours in the museum, and could have spent more time had we not been on a schedule. Not sure whether the kids like the miniature Halloween or Christmas villages or the fairy tree best - all were fantastic!! Felt like a kid again.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Your visit begins with a optical perspective of entering through a large door into a world of miniatures. My family and I found it fascinating- particularly the music boxes, the ornate miniature rooms filled with every imaginable furnishings, paintings, decor. My father-in-law loved the Christmas village, and my daughter liked the Halloween display. Something of interest for everyone.
Ask to borrow a little led flashlight and it gives you a better look at the detail. There is so much to see, it is a bit overwhelming. You might want to go a quick walk through and then revisit the parts that you really like. We had a docent so it helped to get a good overview first. There are also some good video interpretations. Be sure to see the intro movie.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

My husband and 2 grandchildren visited the mini museum yesterday. It was $28.00 for the four of us, which included the discounted fee for 2 seniors. More than one half of the museum is the display of "kits" made by miniature enthusiasts. While these may be fine for one's home, they are too amateurish for display at an official museum. I was frankly shocked at many of the dollhouses that were "stocked" with little things that a child could have put together. The part of the museum that was not from America was much better, but the price was was too high for what was displayed.

3  Thank emyles