“all around great.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #712 of 1,950 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Good for: Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Description: Dry River Company is a neighborhood pizza place in Tucson's Eastside. We specialize in wood-fired pizza and hand made pasta. We make everything on premise - the dough, sauces, mozzarella and pasta. We have a full bar, weekly wine and beer tastings and specials daily. On Friday and Saturday nights we feature live music after 8:30 pm.Stop by and try some of the finest pizza Tucson has to offer.
Tucson, Arizona
“all around great.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

This is my favorite pizza place. The mushrooms are amazing. Great ambiance too. Pizzas are done in a brick oven.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank muskateer345

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Good pizza”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

We're new to tucson and want to find a go to pizza place so we gave dry rive a try. It was ok, staff was not friendly and almost put out that we were there making them work on a Friday night. The pizza was good but not anything terrific. We're still looking for that pizza place

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Renee R
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Owner with an attitude”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

I went solo for lunch the first time and the place was real quiet. The pizza was fine, but the owner had such a cocky attitude that I was put off, especially when it didn't look like he had much business. And it always looked this was at lunchtime. I had to wait around the bar area to get a refill on my iced tea as the owner and other employee were hanging out in the kitchen.
My wife likes to make her own decisions so I reluctantly returned for another lunch. It was no better experience service-wise. Go somewhere that they appreciate your business.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank EdFB
Arizona
“Very Good, Different Pie!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

Wanting to try different pizza, my Wife & I opted to try the Dry River Co today at noon.
I knew where it was but could not find it. Ah, the third time passing the hand painted wooden door sign on the lawn, under a tree, I got it! Really non descript.
We were happy, but somewhat confused, that the place was not crowded, especially during the lunch hour. We sat at the bar and were quickly offered drinks and menus.
The beer offerings are a little strange, mostly bottles and cans with a few draughts that don't really pair with pizza or Italian dishes. I tried the draughht Modus Hoperandi IPA and it worked for me.
We got an appetizer of bruschetta and it was very good, loaded with pesto, garlic and tomatoes.
Then we ordered a pepperoni pizza. It was ready very quickly and served very hot. The crust on this pizza was quite different and very good. Not too thin and not thick and heavy. The sauce was good as was the mozzarella. The pizza is one size, about 13", just enough for a party of 2.
We will definately go back for pizza when in the area.
One comment on ambiance. It could use a major makeover. Exposed utility cabinets and sink plumbing, extension cords and "stuff" just strewn over the beer cooler.
Other than that, our experience was good and our waitress was great!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank retdeltee
Rapid City, South Dakota
“As good as Grimaldi's?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013 via mobile

Tried this restaurant on a whim as it is tucked away in the corner of a parking lot next to a popular Mexican restaurant. WOW. We love thin crust, brick oven pizza and are so happy to have found Dry River!

My wife compared this place to Grimaldi's near the U of A which has been our go-to place for thin crust pizza. That happens to be a bit of a drive since we live on the Far East side of Tucson. In fact, we believe it is just as good or better than Grimaldi's. The ingredients were fresh and not skimpy at all for the two pizzas we tried. There are definitely some creative pizzas on the menu and do try the chicken and tomatillo one. It was delicious!

On top of that they have great service, the place is clean, and it's a local mom & pop rather than a chain based out of town.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank JuMbo66

Been to Dry River Co.? Share your experiences!