“Very good food, technically in Catalina, not Tucson” 4 of 5 bubbles

It's Greek to Me
Ranked #40 of 1,971 Restaurants in Tucson
Price range: US$7 - US$30
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Daytime Deli and Dinnertime Dining! Lunch menu Friday and Saturday from 11AM to 3PM. As always, our award winning dinners made from fresh ingredients are available after 4 PM 7 days a week!
burbank, ca
“Very good food, technically in Catalina, not Tucson”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

This place is a trek from Tucson. That said, the food is very good and I have eaten there on four occasions in the past year, all for dinner. The octopus is wonderful. As is the spinach spanakopita. The staff and owner, Jimmy, are very accommodating and friendly. The prices are in line with the quality and serving sizes. The room has that Greek restaurant look to it. The only thing you should know going in is that the restaurant is near a large retirement community and as such the average age of customer skews over 60. I would not bring kids there and I usually feel a bit out of place myself. Definitely not a date place for anyone under 50. Worth visiting if you are in the area.

1 Thank burbankgirl

Washington State
“Great food and friendly service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

We all had gyros and they were very filling and delicious. The tzatziki and pita was a great side dish as well. Great place to eat on the way back to Tucson from Biosphere 2.

Keene, New York
“Good but not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

Yes, this is real Greek food but it's far from the best I've had. The calamari was excellent but our main dishes off. The lamb shanks had little flavor. The restaurant is in a shopping center and inside it is kind of basic. The servers were friendly and attentive. A mixed bag but we were hoping for better.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JimKeeneNY
Tucson, Arizona, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Consistent Chicken”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

I just love chicken kabobs and the ones at It's Greek to Me are ALWAYS delicious. Tender chicken breasts grilled to perfection. The rice and pita bread complement the entree just fine. We're not wine drinkers but the iced tea and lemonade were great!!

We'll go again soon because we know it will always be the same.

Camdenton, Missouri
“Great Taste of Greece in The Middle of the Desert!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

My husband and I stopped here after a hike in Oracle State Park. I was afraid after a 5 mile hike that we were not dressed for lunch. But our server (do not know her name but she was Amazing! Adorable! Spot on!) We got there and apparently they had been slammed (a good sign on a Saturday afternoon). But we were given a choice of tables and she even said she would bus a different one, no problem. I have been to Greece (Athens & Islands) many times and I loved the kitschy decor, wall posters, table tops, fresco ceiling, everything. Our Gyros were some of the best I have ever eaten. Fresh with tzatziki sauce, feta, lettuce, onion, tomato on the side. There was so much meat on the pita that we basically had to eat it with a fork and knife. Succulent, tender, well seasoned lamb/beef combo and perfect pita. My husband does not prefer lamb but he loved it! Delicious! When we were getting our check we simply mentioned that this was our first time at It's Greek To Me. Without missing a beat she said she wanted to treat us to their Baklava. Did I mention that I have been to the Greece many times and have had my fill of bad Baklava? This was the best I have ever eaten. Fresh, whole nut meats, perfect spice, butter, honey and phyllo. We are already talking about our next visit and what we will order. Delicious, It's Greek To Be Me, it is Great to dine in Greece in the middle of the Desert! Thank you!

Jimmy P, Owner at It's Greek to Me, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Thank you for choosing on a Saturday afternoon! We are happy to have a great staff and wonderful food. Come back and see us soon.

Been to It's Greek to Me? Share your experiences!