“Dropped Reservation - Do not stay here” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of InTown Suites Tucson

InTown Suites Tucson
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tucson
InTown Suites Tucson
Ranked #33 of 47 Speciality Lodging in Tucson
Charleston, South Carolina
“Dropped Reservation - Do not stay here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

I had reserved a room for 16 nights two months before our stay, and confirmed two weeks before our stay. The day of our arrival we got a phone call while en route stating they had allowed some people to extend their stay so our reservation was dropped. This was at the beginning of the Tucson gem show so you can imagine how difficult and much more expensive it was to get another room. The manager was totally unconcerned and when pressed stated their reservation does not guarantee a room, even though their reservation site does not state this. The manager also stated to take it up with the corporate office. The number given fr the corporate office was initially redirected to a sales pitch for a free vacation. On the second try we got a recording stating to leave a message and the issue would be redirected to the correct party and a response would be given in 24-48 hours. Needless to say, we never heard back. We will never book with Intown Suites and suggest you avoid if at all possible less you have the same experience.

Room Tip: There are none. Stay away.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Madera, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

I made an online reservation on Jan 27. 2014 for Jan 30 - Feb 10, 2014 and was emailed a confirmation email and a second confirmation the day prior to arrival. My husband was coming from California for an 11 day business trip. En route to Tucson from California he was called and informed his reservation was dropped due to overbooking. Tucson is extremely busy this time of year due to the annual Gem shows being held. Although there are other hotels that may be available for a night or two at three to four times the price, there is nothing for 11 days. Alonzo who says he is the manager was unconcerned about the inconvenience and offered no help to find alternate accomodations elsewhere. My feeling is that someone came into the hotel that was willing to pay more for the room as other hotel rates increase during this time. Terrible customer service!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Tucson, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

This place gives a great price: $189. But the place is Dirty. My friends came and shared a large room. I was terribly embarrassed. It was dated and unkempt. It seemed like it hadn't been cleaned at all. The beds reminded me of a homeless shelter. If you need to save $ & aren't picky stay here. If you like that clean feeling, move on down the road.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tundrachoochoo
Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

First of all, I have to say that the rate is quite fair, $189.00 per week with a one-time $50 deposit. Because of the price, it mitigated some of the technical issues I had, but not all. I ended up staying here for two weeks because I was in town for business/leisure. The place I had originally scheduled to stay was owned by an associate of one of my clients and I was getting an extremely good deal, being allowed to stay by myself in a four bedroom house, but there was a mix up in his schedule so I had to find another place to stay.
OK, the pros:
The place was pretty clean. The outside areas were fairly clean and there was no trash I could see anywhere on the property. Exterior surfaces were in good repair and there were no obvious things falling apart. The room I was in was very clean all around, although there was a bit of a faint musty smell, probably because of the type of below-the-window a/c unit. The furniture was all new and it had a full-size refrigerator and some cabinets overhead where you could store dry goods for an extended stay.
Now the cons:
They make you jump through very rigid hoops to get your $50 deposit back. You have to fill out a paper and turn it in one business day before you leave. And you don't get that refund back for days after you leave.
The day I checked in and got all my stuff in, after I had set up my mobile office (computers, printers, cameras, etc.) I went out to get something to eat. When I got back a couple of hours later, there was a paper on the bed that said something to the effect of "we just wanted to check on you to make sure everything was to your liking." Personally, I found it disturbing. I went down to the front desk to complain about it. The girl there was apologetic but the guy wanted to get smart with me so I told him it better not happen again. They only offer room service once a week (Mondays) so there was no reason for anyone to come into my room when I wasn't there, period. I told them I have computers and expensive equipment in there and that I am a contractor with private client information on my computers and that it was beyond reason that I should have to worry about losing my job because of their invasion of privacy.
Next, the a/c was an ongoing joke. No matter where you put the thermostat, it only had two temperatures that it would blow: blizzard on the surface of Pluto, or heat blast from the pits of hell. There was no in between. Your only choice is to fiddle with the thermo knob every ten minutes or so. When you complain, they say "We can move you to another room, but all the units work the same."
Next, and this is really, really bad, they offer internet alright. But it is NOT wifi. You have to connect using a cat-5 cable. Not only that, but you have to BUY YOUR OWN cable! Now, if this wasn't bad enough, the internet here is so slow, it was like going back to a 56k modem. I actually did a speed test and got 220kbps download speed as a peak, with an average of just over 100kbps and upload speeds just higher than that. What a joke. It was a disaster for me as I do much of my work over the internet. What would normally take minutes took hours when I would connect to my FTP server.
Next, they provide no towels, there is no clock in the room, and there is not a single lamp. Even rooms in third-world countries have lamps.
Here's the best part, in their rules & regs one of the things says "no firearms on premises" or you forfeit your deposit. What in the world does that have to do with my deposit? And no one is going to tell me, a law abiding citizen, that I can't have my firearm(s) with me while traveling to defend myself against the crazies that are out there specializing in victimizing out-of-towners. If I had my firearms with me, and could not afford to stay anywhere else, what would they expect me to do, throw them in a garbage can? Gimme a break.
Overall I would say that, since this is my first experience with these people, I may give them another chance in another city. I don't like to make a decision on just one bad experience. But this Tucson location definitely has a few bugs to work out and I would not recommend it to any professionals who needed to be productive in work. I had to stay here because I was not prepared for the bind I was in due to the other place falling through, but I will not stay at the Tucson location again.

Room Tip: As usual, rooms on the top floor have less stomping noise
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Antonio F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tucson
La Quinta Inn & Suites NW Tucson Marana
BEST WESTERN Gold Poppy Inn
Holiday Inn Express Marana
Days Inn & Suites Tucson/Marana
Extended Stay America - Tucson - Grant Road
Candlewood Suites Tucson
Candlewood Suites Tucson
#53 of 128 in Tucson

Been to InTown Suites Tucson? Share your experiences!