“Real Mexican food.”

Nana's Kitchen Mexican Food Tucson
Ranked #169 of 2,023 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We were staying in Marana and stumbled on this restaurant. I've lived in the Southwest over 43 years and I've eaten a lot of Mexican Food.
The food here was right out of Mexico! Eveything we had was excellent. The margaritas were good and the beer was cold.
The only downside to our visit was that my wife did not recieve what she ordered. Our server "touted" the chicken enchiladas which is what she ordered. Unfortunately, cheese enchiladas arrived on her plate. The server did not return for some time, so she did not get a replacement. She suggested a flan for desert. We assumed that would be compimentary to make up for the mistake. But, it was included on the bill with a 25% discount on the wrong meal.
This is a great place. Just make sure you get what you ordered!

Reviewed 20 January 2014

For several years, whenever traveling through Tucson we've dined at this super-friendly, family-run Mexican eatery. Don't be fooled by the typical strip-mall atmosphere. This place serves authentic Sonoran-style Mexican food----breakfast, lunch and dinner. We nearly always order the smoky-flavored juniper-grilled flank steak, paired with their excellent sangria drink. And for breakfast, they offer the best huevos rancheros I've ever had in all our travels. Next time we visit, I'm asking Nana how she manages to keep the underlying corn tortilla in this dish so tenderly crunchy. It seems slightly thicker than what most restaurants serve, and is never tough and leathery. Melts in your mouth!

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Loved this place! Owners were extremely nice and the breakfast was wonderful! Had the chorizo with eggs. Good coffee too!

Reviewed 27 December 2013

My husband, in-laws and I had lunch here today and we all enjoyed our meals. Among us we had beef burritos, cheese enchiladas and chicken with mole. My beef burrito was extremely well-spiced and had just a touch of heat, which was just right. The sole waiter was very busy (and very nice), but we weren't in a hurry. We're glad we went!

Reviewed 21 May 2013 via mobile

The margaritas are phenomenal and the food is clearly home made! Tata and Nana will treat you to the best drinks and food EVER!!!