“I'm sorry I can't give this place a MINUS rating.” 1 of 5 bubbles

Bookman's Entertainment Exchange
Ranked #11 of 127 Shopping in Tucson
Tucson
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“I'm sorry I can't give this place a MINUS rating.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

An hour ago, a friend of mine sold his guitar case to Bookmans for $20. I immediately went there to see if I could buy it for $50(!), but Bookmans refused. Even tho' I told them I knew they had just bought it for $20, the pompous sales clerk INSISTED on $60 (plus tax). It was still sitting behind the counter. They hadn't even put it on display yet.

Also, recently, my wife received three very expensive books as a gift. Having no interest in the books, she sold them to Bookmans for the best price she could negotiate... $5 apiece for a total of $15. These virtually brand new books, published in 2010, had just been purchased for $180 retail.

I know that isn't exactly Startling Revelation, but imho, Bookmans (affectionately known by many as "CROOKmans") is the biggest ripoff out there.

Visited April 2012
2 Thank Eric C

tucson
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Love this bookstore!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2011

My fav store is located on speedway and Wilmot...next is the one on Grant and Campbell. They usually have the book I need for an excellent price! I also love the staff...and atmosphere....really great combo! Kid and pet friendly

Seattle, Washington
“Great store.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2011

Had a very large selection, helpful staff, reasonable (most $7-8) prices. Store is organized just like new books stores, with all the subjects we were after: travel, nature, fiction, and many others. Not a lot of useless junk clogging up the shelves, but multiple copies of a lot of popular/current titles.

Rochester, New York
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“Great place to find books”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2010

Bookman's is a great place to find books at much reduced prices because they only sell used books. Their selection is enormous and covers both books in print, sometimes only a week or two after a bestseller comes out, and books that are now out of print. This store is larger than many Barnes and Nobles or Borders stores. They also have audio tapes and DVDs. In addition, you can take in the books you have already read and they will give you store credit for the books.