“Great night out with your spouse and/or friends”

Carnival of Illusion
Carnival of Illusion in Tucson
Ranked #4 of 32 Concerts & Shows in Tucson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Laugh, Have Fun and Celebrate at Arizona's ONLY Intimate Illusion Show. Roland Sarlot and Susan Eyed transport you on a beguiling magical journey around the world in their Vaudeville-Inspired Magical Parlour Show limited to just 100 special guests. Sarlot and Eyed have performed as house magicians at the world's top resorts, for Fortune 100 CEOs, to the 200 Most Powerful Women in America, and now they perform for you. The "Magic, Mystery and Oooh La La" happens select weekends during high season in four Arizona Locations. Check website for show times and details.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 28 April 2013

My husband and i were pleasantly surprised at the caliber of the Carnival of Illusion show. We were highly entertained and wowed. The venue is small and quaint, which makes it that much more intimate. The audience is involved in the show at different points, but no one is made to feel uncomfortable. I recommend this show to anyone visiting the Tucson area. :)

3  Thank rhymswithbanana

Reviewed 28 April 2013

Knowing that I enjoyed magic, my wife bought tickets to Carnival of Illusion for my birthday and we invited along another couple we're friends with. From start to finish the show was very entertaining and fast-paced with plenty of audience participation mixed in. Both Roland and Susan provide delightful wit and humor throughout the show and kept the audience engaged with their magic, light banter and facial expressions. I really can't believe that anyone, young and old, could not be thoroughly entertained with this show. I've been to other magic shows including Las Vegas and felt this show was as entertaining as any of them. Although you don't have the big stage production of a Las Vegas type show, you're much closer to the performers and gain a better appreciation for the illusions. I would certainly rate this show at the same level of entertainment or better as a Penn & Teller show that I went to see a couple of years ago in Las Vegas for about 4 times the price of Carnival of Illusion. I feel like I have a pretty good eye for magic and not once did I see the hidden objects as another reviewer suggests he did. Would strongly recommend this show to anyone who enjoys magic and is looking for a good value in entertainment. And, believe me, there is nothing else like it in Tucson.

2  Thank Don1947
Reviewed 16 April 2013

@pounette166 was obviously not at the same show I was at. I have had the pleasure of attending the carnival of illusion on 5 occasions, and each time i found it most entertaining. Roland and Susan take their up close parlor magic,personalities,and creativity to fun and exciting places. I chose to bring my wife and two daughters in celebration of our twentieth wedding anniversary and it was everything we hoped it would be. It was an enjoyable evening of magic. Having seen the show in the past i was impressed with the improvement and upgrade of the furnishings,lighting and sound effects which added a new magical touch to the entire show. Roland's fine slight of hand and Susan's flowing dance moves expanded a magic performance to a fine entertaining show. I took the opportunity to take advantage of the show's discounted dinner program at the Cactus Rose Steakhouse, 25 feet from the Carnival of Illusions. The fine dinner only added to our successful 20th anniversary celebration. I highly recommend the Carnival of Illusions to anybody reading this as I have done to all my friends and family over the years. You will not be disappointed.

2  Thank Donna S
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I have been living in Tucson fro ages and meaning to go. I finally made it happen, and I was not disappointed! It was an amazing show, full of just the right amount of wonder, theater and sass. I highly recommend it!

3  Thank Nancy K
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I am NOT in the habit of writing poor reviews, but on this one I can't help myself. I was extremely disappointed with this show. This is nothing close to a professional act, at best an amateur act. the Show lasts 80 minutes, with a short break at mid-point. The performers are engaging but the act feels very tired. It is called "Carnival Illusion" but there is no "illusion" at all during this show, only some small magic trick with cards and props. During few "tricks" I actually saw things hidden in the hand of the performer and how it was added to the trick. I agree with a reviewer that there is no need to pay $40 for front row, the room is very small, only 7 rows of 8 chairs per row and the last two row on high back bar chair. We paid $168 (tax and fee included) for 4 persons and while I understand this is not Vegas, I truly expected to be dazzled at time. I was not. The performers engages the audience, which is fun but some of the acts are not even a magic trick....just a performance of sort to pass the time. I attended this show ONLY as per TripAdvisor review, so I am still surprise for the 5* reviews for this show.

3  Thank Pounette166

Been to Carnival of Illusion? Share your experiences!