“Great New Resort!”

Ranked #9 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Sarasota, Florida
“Great New Resort!”
Reviewed 14 November 2011

I was so fortunate to be a part of the grand opening of this fabulous new resort! I really enjoyed the hotel. The beds were very comfortable, and the pool area was lovely. They had great fire pits to enjoy the brisk Arizona evenings near the pool.

The casino itself is a great place to gamble, but it is great to see the expansion into a resort complex with quality restaurants, a hotel and relaxing pool. I ate at both An del Sol (Mr. An's asian restaurant) and PY Steakhouse. They both exceeded my expectations. The wine list at PY Steakhouse was particularly impressive.

I really enjoyed my time here, and only wish it could have been longer! I'll definitely be back next time I'm in Tucson!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank ImaPenguin
Wayne S, Front Office Manager at Casino Del Sol Resort, responded to this review, 25 November 2011
Dear ImaPenguin,

I am also sorry you could not have stayed longer with us! Thank you for your positive feedback on your experiences; the pool and firepits have become an evening gathering spot for many guests and PY Steakhouse and Mr. An's is where we showcase our exceptional food and beverage talents.

Soon, guests will be able to purchase our bedding through an upcoming retail catalogue as the comments about their comfort have been overwhelming since opening.

Whenever you need a break from Florida...we will be awaiting your return!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Beautiful shiny new building, amazing staff at Front Desk and throughout, food and especially drink menus were extensive and created with thought and experience, pool ROCKS - all it needs is some summer heat and hot DJs and this WILL be the place to party poolside. Rooms are well laid out and the finishes are high quality. I heard the staff talking about a Jack Nicklaus Golf School and golf course opening 12/12/12...sweet!

Room Tip: No bad views it seems - either pool or mountains. Rooms are quite sound proof.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank otownw
PUERTOPENASCO
Reviewed 14 November 2011

What A Fabulous EXPERIENCE.Being A Native Tucson And Under 1 MILE From Our Home To Have Had The Privilege To Stay One Nite In This Resort.The Accommodations, Were All Everything we Were Expecting.We Celebrated Our 11 Anniversary.ON 11-11 11.That Would Have Been Great To Get a Room For That Nite.But The 13TH Was Just AS WELL.THANK YOU TO ALL HELPED MAKE THIS A MEMORABLE,TIME..PS. the champaign and the flowers were in our room as requested by my husband.

1 Thank FLOWERS4YOU
Dear FLOWERS4YOU,

Happy belated Anniversary! I was excited to hear that the delivery of the champagne and flowers was executed brilliantly by our staff. Being only 1 mile from the resort, I am hoping we will be seeing you from time to time as we continue to refine our service and product as we move toward our next resort expansion on 12-12-12. Perhaps you can celebrate your 12th with us next year?

Thank you for your comments and please let me know if there is anything we can assist you with in planning your next staycation with us.
Reviewed 13 November 2011

We stayed at the resort 3 days 2 nights. It was amazing! PY steak house was above and beyond what we expected from the service to the actual meal. Since their pool is HEATED kids took advantage. I could have not imagen that this hotel and conference center turn out so beautiful. PY Steakhouse great service, great food and the drinks were awesome. The staff was wonderful, they made sure that our meals were to our specifications. The manager was on top of the room. The only thing the we did not understand and was bothersome, the menu cover (please go back to the tradition wayof using the cover ). Each day of our stay we also enjoyed the amenties that the property has, a venti skinny latte from Starbucks and some good frozen yogurt from frozAn. We cant hardly wait for the opening of the Festa International Buffet. So all in all they have outdone themselves at Casino del Sol Hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank kay m
Dear Kay M,

So many compliments...thank you so very much. I am so pleased to hear from you that we are doing everything right! We have been training our teams for months preparing for our opening and it is rather gratifying to hear that our service and product is being so well recieved by our guests. We'll keep working on that menu cover, though...

Thank you, again, for taking time to share your thoughts...please come back and see us again soon!
Tucson
Reviewed 13 November 2011

Brand new high quality rooms, restaurants and amenities combined for a true five star weekend for my wife and me. Gaming was as good as it gets. Service came from well-trained and motivated staff. All at a fraction of the price you would expect. Outdoor concert and Vegas-style pool area were icing on the cake.

1 Thank Mike V
Dear Mike V,

A brand new jewel indeed! Thank you for your kind words regarding your experience at Casino Del Sol Resort. I am glad to hear that we met - and exceeded - your expectations. We will share your comments with our service teams at our daily meetings; feedback such as yours will certainly continue to motivate us all!

Looking forward to your next visit
Reviewed 10 November 2011

I was lucky enough to stay at the resort before the hotel's grand opening on 11/11/11. It was unbelievable. If your looking for a Las Vegas styled hotel and resort then you have found it. We ate at PY steak house which was amazing. The steak was delicious (comparable to Flemmings), and my girlfriend ordered the Scallops - and for being in the desert, they were moist, perfectly cooked and came with an amazing sauce. We later stopped by the Tequila factory, where they have over 100 types of tequila and a knowledgable staff on the products. Finally, they have plenty of card games for the gambler, which I was happy about. Now, onto the room. The room was huge, with a beautiful view of the mountain side showing the sunrise and sunset. The staff accommodated everything we needed - I forgot my toothbrush. Checkout and check-in was extremely easy and took a matter of minutes. Finally, it was great that each room has a Kreuig coffee machine (the one where you put the little discs/cups in) to get your morning started right. Will absolutely stay here and recommend anyone who is going to Tucson that wants to have a great time to stay at this Resort.

Well done!

2 Thank Chris C
Reviewed 9 November 2011

I stayed at the resort for their special service industry night. The resort was not open to the public yet. The hotel staff was very friendly and was willing to go above and beyond for the guests. The PY steak house was delicious. There were a few minor problems but that is understandable with it being a new hotel and training is still taking place. One bed in my room did not have the bottom sheet on it. It seemed like my room was missing a place to hang a hand towel near the sink. The service and the steak house was a little slow and it was noticeable that the servers will still learning. But, overall with it being a new property that was not open to the public yet, it was a great experience and great hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank David Alicia E
Dear azbigdog182,

I was well-pleased to read your positive review concerning your stay with us. As with any resort opening, we are now spending a great deal of time refining the operational aspects of our service delivery with our team members all the while presenting a first-class experience to our guests. I can assure you, our PY Steakhouse speed of service has already been addressed by the leadership team and is now representative of such a fine dining establishment.

We hope to see you back again in the near future,