“Beautiful luxurious rooms to stay in after being entertained at the casino”
Review of Casino Del Sol

Casino Del Sol
Ranked #9 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
Wichita, Kansas
“Beautiful luxurious rooms to stay in after being entertained at the casino”
Reviewed 22 November 2011

The room we stayed in had a beautiful view of the mountains & pool. The bed was very comfortable with lots of pillows and an elegant bedspread. We enjoyed the widescreen TV with plenty of channels to choose from, and enjoyed having the Keurig coffee maker in the room. The bathroom had a nice glass & tile shower. This experience was far more than an average hotel or motel room. The parking garage was very convenient to the hotel & casino. I enjoyed coffee at one of the two Starbucks shops. The resort has several restauants to dine in and will soon have a new buffet. It is a great place to stay while enjoying all the entertainment in the casino. I might add that the rooms are very quiet & relaxing.

Room Tip: We requested a room with a view from the 8th floor.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Wayne S, Front Office Manager at Casino Del Sol, responded to this review, 25 November 2011
Dear Jeanne B,

I just read your review of our property and would like to thank you for your positive comments. Since opening, we are realizing more and more that we are "raising expecations" here in Tucson and your thoughts certainly reflect that fact. From the Keurig coffee makers to the 4-story covered parking garage to a choice of Starbucks locations....I am pleased to hear that we are executing with brilliance on everything our guests are expecting.

BTW - Festa International Buffet - our Vegas-style buffet - is opening in less than 2 weeks and our next major expansion is coming 12-12-12.

Come on back again soon and enjoy everything that is new!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Nice hotel and casino with some good places to eat. We were there for a concert in the amphitheatre which is a lovely venue.

Dear AnAislingSkye,

I would agree with you...AVA is a wonderful venue for concerts and I was pleased to hear that you had a nice time with us. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance in planning your next visit to Casino Del Sol Resort.
Vail, Arizona
Reviewed 15 November 2011

The staff was extremely professional, kind and caring from the Valet service to the morning of check out at the Front Desk and everyone else in between. AVA venue for concerts was the best and let me tell you, every seat is fantastic. I had a wonderful 2 night stay during the casino's grand opening weekend. They certainly rolled out the red carpet and made guests feel lavished upon. I was so impressed with all the restaurants including PY Steakhouse, Mr. An's, Moby’s and not to mention room service at midnight! The hotel room is simply beautiful and relaxing and I especially liked the rooms being so large, comfortable and quiet with all the amenities you can think of! The view from my room looked over their incredible pool with fire pits, poolside bars, and a large selection of comfortable seating and of course they have spared no expense on the landscaping. I spent half a day at the Spa and enjoyed every relaxing moment of it. The staff made sure I was happy and content. I have experienced many spas in Tucson and this one is the BEST. They also have an exercise room with nice new equipment next to the spa. I would highly recommend this resort and casino to anyone who wants to getaway, relax, have fun and enjoy what Tucson has to offer. I look forward to staying at the Casino Del Sol Resort very soon.

Dear VANNA R,

Where do I begin to express my gratitude for your kind words about your experience over our opening weekend? It was - and is - truly magical for us as well. I am glad that we met and exceeded your expecations and that we hit the mark in every operating area that you visited. I will send your comments over to food and beverage, spa, landscaping, pool operations, and all the rest so that they can share your praise with our team members.

We also are looking forward to your next vacation with us as well. Hope to see you soon!
Osprey, Florida
Reviewed 14 November 2011

I stayed at the resort for 3 nights and had a marvelous time. The rooms were lovely and the bed was extremely comfortable. The PY Steakhouse had delicious food and an excellent selection of wines. The potatoes were to the best I've ever had. The pool and pool area are the nicest I've seen, with fire pits, fountains, hot tub, and lovely landscaping. Usually I am really ready to go home after a trip but I think I could have stayed here for ever. This place is a great escape and I highly recommend it to all.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Kathy R
Dear Kathy R,

I am so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We have all worked hard over the past several months to create such a wonderful high-end resort and took time to hire just the right people to bring it to life...I beleive our efforts are paying off based on your review.

I realize you traveled 2000 miles from Florida...I do hope that you will find some time in the not to distant future to come on back out west and consider "staying forever" once again.
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 14 November 2011

I was so fortunate to be a part of the grand opening of this fabulous new resort! I really enjoyed the hotel. The beds were very comfortable, and the pool area was lovely. They had great fire pits to enjoy the brisk Arizona evenings near the pool.

The casino itself is a great place to gamble, but it is great to see the expansion into a resort complex with quality restaurants, a hotel and relaxing pool. I ate at both An del Sol (Mr. An's asian restaurant) and PY Steakhouse. They both exceeded my expectations. The wine list at PY Steakhouse was particularly impressive.

I really enjoyed my time here, and only wish it could have been longer! I'll definitely be back next time I'm in Tucson!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank ImaPenguin
Dear ImaPenguin,

I am also sorry you could not have stayed longer with us! Thank you for your positive feedback on your experiences; the pool and firepits have become an evening gathering spot for many guests and PY Steakhouse and Mr. An's is where we showcase our exceptional food and beverage talents.

Soon, guests will be able to purchase our bedding through an upcoming retail catalogue as the comments about their comfort have been overwhelming since opening.

Whenever you need a break from Florida...we will be awaiting your return!
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Beautiful shiny new building, amazing staff at Front Desk and throughout, food and especially drink menus were extensive and created with thought and experience, pool ROCKS - all it needs is some summer heat and hot DJs and this WILL be the place to party poolside. Rooms are well laid out and the finishes are high quality. I heard the staff talking about a Jack Nicklaus Golf School and golf course opening 12/12/12...sweet!

Room Tip: No bad views it seems - either pool or mountains. Rooms are quite sound proof.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank otownw
PUERTOPENASCO
Reviewed 14 November 2011

What A Fabulous EXPERIENCE.Being A Native Tucson And Under 1 MILE From Our Home To Have Had The Privilege To Stay One Nite In This Resort.The Accommodations, Were All Everything we Were Expecting.We Celebrated Our 11 Anniversary.ON 11-11 11.That Would Have Been Great To Get a Room For That Nite.But The 13TH Was Just AS WELL.THANK YOU TO ALL HELPED MAKE THIS A MEMORABLE,TIME..PS. the champaign and the flowers were in our room as requested by my husband.

1 Thank FLOWERS4YOU
Dear FLOWERS4YOU,

Happy belated Anniversary! I was excited to hear that the delivery of the champagne and flowers was executed brilliantly by our staff. Being only 1 mile from the resort, I am hoping we will be seeing you from time to time as we continue to refine our service and product as we move toward our next resort expansion on 12-12-12. Perhaps you can celebrate your 12th with us next year?

Thank you for your comments and please let me know if there is anything we can assist you with in planning your next staycation with us.