“El Good-o!”
Review of Casino Del Sol

Casino Del Sol
Ranked #9 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 26 November 2011

Just finished a lovely evening and morning at CDS and it was just what the doctor ordered. The hotel is not only elegant in appearance, but well run with very friendly and professional personal. I highly recommend the Tequjla Factory, the gaming amenities and the gorgeous view of Southeastern Ariz. Prices are in accordance with 4 star hotels, restaurants and other tribal casinos. Would recommend it to anyone for any time.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Wayne S, Front Office Manager at Casino Del Sol, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2011

Dear kurdmugeun,

"Thanks-O"!

It is great to hear that you had such a nice time with us and that you felt our service, rates, and amenities are in line with a true 4-star resort. With so many more features still to come - Festa International Buffet opening on December 7th and our golf course on 12-12-12 - we hope to see you back time and time again...doctors orders or not!

Be well and, again, thank you for the recommendation.

There are newer reviews for Casino Del Sol

Reviewed 25 November 2011

Pricey yet plush comforts. Staff is very friendly and goes out of way to comfort guests. Casino buffet restaurant not open yet, should have been though! Drinks while gambling are not free although casino has been designed with Las Vegas architecture in mind.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Wayne S, Front Office Manager at Casino Del Sol, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2011

Dear Culturalist ,

Thank you for your favorable comments regarding your stay with us. Price wise, we are aligned favorably with the 5 or 6 other upper-tier resorts in Tucson and we watch our rates daily to make sure our rates stay attractive when future guests are prioce shopping for a high-end resort experience. The Festa International Buffet opens December 7th and will capture true Vegas-style with showplace food stations and a wide variety of tempting delicacies from around the globe.

Please stop in for another visit in early December and enjoy the newest addition to our incredible dining options!

Reviewed 22 November 2011

The room we stayed in had a beautiful view of the mountains & pool. The bed was very comfortable with lots of pillows and an elegant bedspread. We enjoyed the widescreen TV with plenty of channels to choose from, and enjoyed having the Keurig coffee maker in the room. The bathroom had a nice glass & tile shower. This experience was far more than an average hotel or motel room. The parking garage was very convenient to the hotel & casino. I enjoyed coffee at one of the two Starbucks shops. The resort has several restauants to dine in and will soon have a new buffet. It is a great place to stay while enjoying all the entertainment in the casino. I might add that the rooms are very quiet & relaxing.

Room Tip: We requested a room with a view from the 8th floor.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Wayne S, Front Office Manager at Casino Del Sol, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2011

Dear Jeanne B,

I just read your review of our property and would like to thank you for your positive comments. Since opening, we are realizing more and more that we are "raising expecations" here in Tucson and your thoughts certainly reflect that fact. From the Keurig coffee makers to the 4-story covered parking garage to a choice of Starbucks locations....I am pleased to hear that we are executing with brilliance on everything our guests are expecting.

BTW - Festa International Buffet - our Vegas-style buffet - is opening in less than 2 weeks and our next major expansion is coming 12-12-12.

Come on back again soon and enjoy everything that is new!

Reviewed 21 November 2011

Nice hotel and casino with some good places to eat. We were there for a concert in the amphitheatre which is a lovely venue.

Dear AnAislingSkye,

I would agree with you...AVA is a wonderful venue for concerts and I was pleased to hear that you had a nice time with us. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance in planning your next visit to Casino Del Sol Resort.

Reviewed 15 November 2011

The staff was extremely professional, kind and caring from the Valet service to the morning of check out at the Front Desk and everyone else in between. AVA venue for concerts was the best and let me tell you, every seat is fantastic. I had a wonderful 2 night stay during the casino's grand opening weekend. They certainly rolled out the red carpet and made guests feel lavished upon. I was so impressed with all the restaurants including PY Steakhouse, Mr. An's, Moby’s and not to mention room service at midnight! The hotel room is simply beautiful and relaxing and I especially liked the rooms being so large, comfortable and quiet with all the amenities you can think of! The view from my room looked over their incredible pool with fire pits, poolside bars, and a large selection of comfortable seating and of course they have spared no expense on the landscaping. I spent half a day at the Spa and enjoyed every relaxing moment of it. The staff made sure I was happy and content. I have experienced many spas in Tucson and this one is the BEST. They also have an exercise room with nice new equipment next to the spa. I would highly recommend this resort and casino to anyone who wants to getaway, relax, have fun and enjoy what Tucson has to offer. I look forward to staying at the Casino Del Sol Resort very soon.

Dear VANNA R,

Where do I begin to express my gratitude for your kind words about your experience over our opening weekend? It was - and is - truly magical for us as well. I am glad that we met and exceeded your expecations and that we hit the mark in every operating area that you visited. I will send your comments over to food and beverage, spa, landscaping, pool operations, and all the rest so that they can share your praise with our team members.

We also are looking forward to your next vacation with us as well. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 14 November 2011

I stayed at the resort for 3 nights and had a marvelous time. The rooms were lovely and the bed was extremely comfortable. The PY Steakhouse had delicious food and an excellent selection of wines. The potatoes were to the best I've ever had. The pool and pool area are the nicest I've seen, with fire pits, fountains, hot tub, and lovely landscaping. Usually I am really ready to go home after a trip but I think I could have stayed here for ever. This place is a great escape and I highly recommend it to all.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kathy R

Dear Kathy R,

I am so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We have all worked hard over the past several months to create such a wonderful high-end resort and took time to hire just the right people to bring it to life...I beleive our efforts are paying off based on your review.

I realize you traveled 2000 miles from Florida...I do hope that you will find some time in the not to distant future to come on back out west and consider "staying forever" once again.

Reviewed 14 November 2011

I was so fortunate to be a part of the grand opening of this fabulous new resort! I really enjoyed the hotel. The beds were very comfortable, and the pool area was lovely. They had great fire pits to enjoy the brisk Arizona evenings near the pool.

The casino itself is a great place to gamble, but it is great to see the expansion into a resort complex with quality restaurants, a hotel and relaxing pool. I ate at both An del Sol (Mr. An's asian restaurant) and PY Steakhouse. They both exceeded my expectations. The wine list at PY Steakhouse was particularly impressive.

I really enjoyed my time here, and only wish it could have been longer! I'll definitely be back next time I'm in Tucson!

2  Thank ImaPenguin

Dear ImaPenguin,

I am also sorry you could not have stayed longer with us! Thank you for your positive feedback on your experiences; the pool and firepits have become an evening gathering spot for many guests and PY Steakhouse and Mr. An's is where we showcase our exceptional food and beverage talents.

Soon, guests will be able to purchase our bedding through an upcoming retail catalogue as the comments about their comfort have been overwhelming since opening.

Whenever you need a break from Florida...we will be awaiting your return!