“Wonderful time at this hotel, outstanding!”
Review of Casino Del Sol

Casino Del Sol
Ranked #9 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
Brownstown Township, Michigan
“Wonderful time at this hotel, outstanding!”
Reviewed 2 April 2012

We just arrived home after a one weeks vacation in Arizona. We stayed at several different
hotels, in Tuscon, Scottsdale and Sedona. Our 2 night stay at Casino Del Sol Resort was
the absolute best by far. The rooms were very clean, beautiful and the beds were very
comfortable. The staff was very courteous and helpful. The pool is also outstanding. My husband also thought the breakfast buffett in the Casino was excellent (I don't breakfast).
Also, we thought the casino was great. It is the only Casino in Arizona that we did win money at, and had the least amount of smoke. We loved, loved this hotel, hands down it was the best
place we stayed at and we did stay at other Hotels which were more expensive. We both recommend this Hotel.

Room Tip: Try to stay on the fourth floor or above, also the pool side is has a wonderful view.
1 Thank Nanney12

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
Tucson
Reviewed 1 April 2012

My friends and I have stayed in this hotel three times now, the most recent being this weekend (Thursday, March 29 through Saturday March 31). We love this hotel and casino. The rooms are beautifully appointed. We have NEVER had a problem with hotel staff. On the contrary, everyone is helpful, and very cheerful. We love the restaurants, and especially having a drink in Mr. An's bar. The pool area is phenomenal. Very comfortable lounges, pool, and two jacuzzis. We live in Tucson, and go to the resort for our getaways every month. I don't foresee us stopping this practice any time soon.

Room Tip: We like rooms near the ice and water machines at the end of the hall. We have never had a problem wi...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sandy M
New Mexico
Reviewed 29 March 2012

We are a 40 something couple traveling by car. We had just traveled 6 hours to get to what we thought was a premier destination resort. When we turned off of the interstate, we kept driving and driving and driving. Finally, we saw the hotel in the middle of nowhere. There is no grand entrance or curb appeal to this place. Just a tiny little 2 way road. We missed it in fact. Once you get on the road, you have to drive around to the back of the property . We drove up to the valet area, parked and got out to check-in. It was actually the entrance to the casino. The entrance to the hotel is not marked and looks like doors to a conference area. Once in, the interior is not resort standards. While checking in we were told that there would be a $100 'hold' on our credit card during our stay. There was no explanation for the 'hold' and it was not mentioned on their website. We got our key and moved our car to the parking garage - all the way around to the back of the hotel which is now the front of the property. We got up to our room and although it had some upgraded features, it was smaller than most hotel rooms and definately not a resort level room. We had a view of the pool and the mountains which was nice. Before we went to the car to bring our luggage in, we decided to sit and have a drink. The small lounge was well furnished with couches and chairs as well as a bar. But, no bartender. We were wisked away but some guest relations employee who told us she would take us to a quiet lounge for drinks because this lounge was closed until 3pm (no sign telling the guest that). She took us to the High Rollers bar where there was a tv blaring, the stench of cigarette smoke, uncomfortable bar chairs and a snotty bartender. Once the bartender realized we were not part of the High Rollers club she snubbed us. She told my husband that they did not carry his brand of tequila (Cuervo Gold) because it was a lower quality tequila. Then she gave me a cocktail menu and I ordered some Mosacto wine and she said we don't carry that. Then she said they were out of it. That tipped me over the edge. I went to the front desk of the hotel, asked to speak to a manager. I explained that I was not happy with the 'resort' and that I did not want to stay. After an offer of a discounted rate (which I turned down), I was told there was a cancellation fee. I refused to pay it. After disappearing through a closed door several times, she finally said that my credit card would be credited the full amount and the $100 'hold' would be lifted. We left vowing to never return.

If you are expecting a 'resort' please reconsider your stay. It is nothing more than a typical casino hotel that is trying to sell itself as an upscale resort. The location is terrible, the smoke is terrible in all of the public areas inside and the front staff have nothing better to do than stand around and laugh.

I do appreciate the employee that responded to my request to cancel the reservation. It was kind of like a new car purchase where she kept going behind closed doors to figure out how to resolve the issue. Nonetheless, she was professional.

We ended up staying at The Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa in Tucson.

5 Thank vodaelixer
tucson
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Steve ‎ - Mar 27, 2012
Once again I have had a disappointing and now perhaps final stay at your hotel. I have made comment in the past about other visit disappointments but I have never received a response. I have, what I feel are, significant guest relations issues.  When I approach a front desk person I don't get a satisfactory response. The staff acts like this is their first day on the job with no training.  This hotel opened with incredible hype but has yet to live up to that hype, based on my previous visits.  Maid service is sorely lacking in completeness. I found an empty Diet Pepsi bottle and a guest Club Sol Membership card (silver) with dust bunnies on both, under the chaise, when the technicians worked on the air conditioning.  The air conditioning unit failed. Service was long delayed until the technicians (showed at 2200hrs) tried to fix it and replaced the thermostat 3 times, eventually had to rely on a maintenance person (who did not show up until 2350 hrs). He changed the, incredibly dirty, filter and connected a black wire that had the appearance of never having been connected. I apparently had to wait for this particular maintenance person because he was 3rd shift staff and previous shift staff did not want to take on the task.  I had to make multiple visits to the front desk with front desk staff acting like total amateurs.  During this stay housekeeping was noticeably absent and when late afternoon manager was queried, he reported her statement that I left a door hanger sign to indicate later service. I have never used one of those signs in any hotel. A new hotel is expected to have some issues but this kind of mechanical breakdown, ineffective staff and lack of representation from management leaves the customer with a less than stellar opinion. No recommendations will be forthcoming. I am a Club Sol Member, platinum

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
El Paso, TX
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Although just an overnight stay, it was more like a brief vacation. Upon arrival, you will be impressed by the overall feel of the property. A grand entrance leads to the Casino and Hotel valet. If feels like a European grand hotel the minute you step into the lobby. The feeling continues in the Casino where it feels like the streets of an Italian village in some areas, with an artificial sky and with restaurants and shops along the streets. One restaurant, PY Steakhouse was elegant and the menu outstanding. The meal was superb and we got to meet the chef. The room was well appointed and overlooked the spectacular palm lined pool. We plan on returning with our grand kid sometime soon and perhaps many more times in future.

Room Tip: Get upper floor overlooking the pool if possible.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Cybern13
Virginia
Reviewed 19 March 2012

This was our first visit to Tucson Arizona. I was here doing a site visit on several properties. The Casino Del Sol was my last resort to stop and do a tour and stay the night. The front desk gave us a warm welcome when we arrived.

The room was very nice -- overlooking the desert. We needed assistance with getting the internet service. They were very prompt to respond to our call, We ate dinner at the steakhouse - just around the corner from the registration desk. It was a little pricey but the food was fantastic.

Negatives: The ventilation system seemed a bit noisy. This hotel opened 11/11/11 and there is still a lot of the NEW smell -- when is great but a bit too strong. They need to open all the doors and let it air out.

The casino was nicely done. The ceiling looks like Las Vegas.

Room Tip: 10th Floor Sky Level -- Beautiful. We overlooked the pool. What a beautiful pool area. They provi...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
surrey bc
Reviewed 17 March 2012

We chose this Hotel because it was fairly close to Kitt Peak Observatory . The hotel staff were helpful and accommodating. Our room was lovely and spacious with a view of the pool! The location was also 15 minutes to San Xavier del Bac Mission which we were visiting.We will definitely stay here again when we return to Tucson. The Management has done an excellent job in training their staff and being attentive to the needs of their guests. .This is a new Hotel which opened in November 2011 .