Casino Del Sol
Comfort Suites at Sabino Canyon(Tucson)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$82
US$193
US$173
Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites(Tucson)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$276
US$256
US$272
US$264
All reviewspy steakhousegolf coursetequila factoryfesta buffetsky levelkeurig coffee makerpool arearooms are beautifulbeautiful resorthotel staffnon smokingtucson areaumeyaquispabingodesert
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 May 2012

After receiving a complementary room with no working toilet and no hot water, after trying to talk to the manager (who stormed off like a child), I decided to write this experience. The hotel staff was not helpful and they do not know how to treat their guest, room service was non-existant and we could not even get a box of issues for our room. My children were in the room and while I was downstairs, they were thrown out of the room because when service came to review the hot water issue, I was not there. Really.... then I was instructed to pay for a room that was complementary. New rules are implemented on a daily basis, management was horrible, and I doubt I will be coming back and using these facilities.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank a h
Reviewed 17 May 2012

We stayed here over night because we were going to go to a show at the amphitheater. From check in to check out something went wrong in every department. The only positive thing I have to say about this hotel is that after writing an email to the hotel manager about our horrible experience she handled the issue to our satisfaction and offered us to stay and try them again at a discounted rate. Unfortunately; our experience was so bad we will never go back. I hope that the manager does implement all of the things she promised to us for others to have a pleasant stay in the future.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sunshinedsr
Reviewed 3 May 2012

My husband and I stayed at Casino Del Sol over a week long trip to Tucson, AZ on April 5 - 11. 2012. We stayed 2 nights at 3 different resorts and this was by far the best one! Since we stayed here the last 2 nights of our trip, we were a little disappointed we didn't have more days here. From the moment we checked our car with the valet and made our way to the front desk, we knew we had chosen the right place. The service staff was top notch and attentive to our needs. The hotel is close to the airport, close to attractions in the area and had everything we were looking for in a resort. We stayed in the Sky Suite which is unbelievable. 2 huge flat screen TVs (one in the bedroom and one in the living room). The room has all up to-date furniture, wet bar, 2 bathrooms, one with a whirlpool and walk in shower. We like spacious rooms and this definitely suited our taste. We figured we were going to live it up at this resort, and we did. The casino was awesome. I won over $600.00 playing different penny and quarter slot machines (which is really not a penny after you play the maximum.) We were told the ventilation system was one of the best in America and it was proven. I didn't smell any smoke when I was playing unless someone was sitting right next to me (which was not a lot). There is a restaurant right near the casino (can't remember the name), but we dined there and didn't smell anything but the aroma of our dinner which was cooked to perfection. There are quite a few restaurants in this place. We tried the sandwich shop (had a patty melt) and it was tasty. The swimming pool area is very nice (a little small, but pretty). They play music in the pool area at night until 12:30 p.m. and it sounded fantastic. We would take our cocktails out there and soak in the the sounds and our surroundings. We wanted to relax and have excitement in one location and this place had it all. It was not crowded the days we were there, so we were able to enjoy the whole facility. We love to travel, and we will definitely make this an annual trip. I can't say enough about Casino Del Sol. It's one of my favorite places now!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rovingreporter13
Reviewed 30 April 2012

My experience at this resort was adversely affected by a mariachi festival under way during my one-night stay and the sleeping accommodations for four guests. I went for a girls' day/night out and arrangements were made by a friend, who learned about the festival a long time after booking. Part of our plan was to relax by the pool during the day and to swim. Bands played continuously throughout the day in this area so relaxation was impossible because of the loud music and the hundreds of people who gathered at the pool to listen. Dozens of young children filled the pool, so the type of swimming generally enjoyed by adults was impossible.

Our room -- a suite on the 9th floor -- overlooked the pool. We opened the balcony door to let fresh air in and had to close it immediately because of the noise (music and loud voices) from below. The room design and furnishings were excellent -- a huge bedroom with a king-size bed and a huge flat-screen TV that opened to a large living room, complete with a sofa bed, another big flat-screen TV and a wet bar. The massive bathroom off the bedroom contained a whirlpool tub and a separate, walk-in shower. A big powder room with toilet and sink was off the living room.

Four of us shared the suite .. two got the bed and two the sofa bed. Alas, I was on the sofa bed and its thin mattress offered minimal support. I could not sleep and my arthritic hip was in agony. Those who slept in the bed had no complaints. I think the sofa bed might work well for children but I would not recommend it for older adults.

The room was extremely clean and quite comfortable for lounging around. We did notice two dirty glasses on a high shelf in the wet bar area that had been missed by the housekeeping staff.

Three of us used spa services and found this to be an outstanding experience. Every staff member proved to be professional, friendly and gracious. Everyone had the necessary expertise to provide excellent services -- facials, pedicures, massages, manicures, etc. We opted to order lunch to be served here in one of the lounges and found this to be a lovely (and quiet) option.

The resort restaurants could not easily accommodate all the people present (overnight guests, gamblers, mariachi festival participants and those who came for an evening performance by George Lopez). Thus, when we went to have dinner before the Lopez concert, we were told it would be at least a 40-minute wait for the simplest of orders. We then opted to dine after the performance, but the situation was worse with long lines at every restaurant. Eventually we returned to the suite and ordered food through room service.

I have stayed at resorts throughout the world with extensive enough facilities to easily accommodate special festivals without inconveniencing other guests. This "resort" seems more like a typical hotel (with a casino and spa services) that can easily be overwhelmed when large functions occur. I believe if we had stayed during a more typical period, I would have been able to assign a higher rating to the experience.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rumples
Reviewed 26 April 2012

My wife and I stayed at Casino del Sol Tuesday to see the Beach Boys concert. More on that later. We are both reformed smokers, so we are extremely sensitive to cigarette smoke. During our stay, we went to three different restaurants and never encountered any smoke. Even in the casino, the ventilation system worked very well. If you sat down next to someone smoking you could smell it, but other than that--no issues. Everyone we encountered on the hotel staff was cordial and helpful (except maybe the concert security personnel)--especially Gilbert Ponce at the Oasis Pool Bar. Food prices were low and the quality was very good. Drink prices were also very reasonable. We will definitely go to this resort again. Now to the concert.

We were poised on our computer waiting for 10:00 AM the day the tickets went on sale. As soon as we logged on the vast majority of the sections were listed as "not available." We ended up with Lawn seats. Unfortunately rude people though "lawn" meant you could stand near the railing in front on the lawn thus blocking the view of the people on the lawn. When we asked them to move, we were threatened by hotel security with removal from the concert. Lawn should mean lawn--if you have a lawn ticket you should be on the lawn; not blocking everyone else who is on the lawn. This policy needs to change. The standers should have been expelled for being rude--not the people asking them to sit down. Then we wondered why all the sections were listed as "unavailable" when the venue was one-third empty for the concert. If the casino is withholding tickets for high rollers, it should make them available to everyone the day of the concert.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple