“Awesome Property”

Ranked #10 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Phoenix, Arizona
“Awesome Property”
Reviewed 12 September 2012

The Casino Del Sol blew us away! When we first entered this property we found there was plenty of outdoor parking, handicapped parking, covered parking and valet parking. Tthe casino has over 1,000 slots, table games and bingo. The casino is kept clean and the cocktail waitresses are attentive. There are several restaurants to choose from including a buffet, steak house, Mexican restaurant, sushi bar and sit down family restaurant. We ate at the Sunday morning champagne brunch for $23 each. It was well worth the price with breakfast foods and shrimp and crab legs. We had an early breakfast the next day at Moby's and $11 covered the bill for two and the service was outstanding and the food good. The pool area was gorgeous and almost upon sitting down a waiter brought us a menu. The Hiapsi Spa could have been a destination by itself - top of the line! Our room was beautiful and the linens were luxurious. This property holds it own against any of the 5 star resorts in Las Vegas!

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view room.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
MelindaGuestServMgr, Manager at Casino Del Sol Resort, responded to this review, 11 October 2012
Thank you for your review. We are so pleased we were able to meet all your needs. Our staff works very hard to be sure our guests are well cared for, and we are pleased it shows. I will certainly pass on your high marks to them. Thank you again for your wonderful comments, and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Melinda Vollmer, Guest Services Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We had a complementary room, but at check out they said we had to pay 35 dollars for the night, not a big deal, but still not what was promess. My problem with this "resort" was that 10 minutes after check out I realized I forgot my bracelet and diamond earings ( i know that was my mistake) but I called the hotel right away to tell them I forgot my earings and bracelet that I was driving back to get them, they said ok let me go check after 5 minutes I get a call back saying that nothing was there!!! unbelievable and unacceptable for this kind of "resort".
They said to come back and file a police report, so I did (police couldnt do anything). I called the resort several times and I was told that they were investigating. After a week I get a call back of course after i called AGAIN and left a message saying that it was my fault because I didn't put my things in the safe box!! really? I was leaving... was i suppose to take the safe box too?
Was very disappointed about the way my situation was handled, they don't care that their staff is stealing from there guest.
I expressed my frustration and disappoiment because they were giving me the run around to the assistant manager Lisa she only said sorry! I wasn't expecting to get my things back to be honest but a sorry which was very much FAKE its not enough!
FYI bed/pillow quality is horrible, very uncomfortable!

Room Tip: Go to a regular hotel for that kind of service
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Food L
MelindaVollmer, Manager at Casino Del Sol Resort, responded to this review, 25 September 2012
We thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay. We take issues involving guests’ loss of property very seriously, and we provide in room safes in the hope that guests will utilize them to protect any valuables they might have. In this instance, we also reviewed the electronic key access records for this room, and those records show that no one other than the guest accessed the room during the time that the guest believes the items disappeared. We regret that the items were lost and also that your experience was less than satisfactory.
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Beautiful hotel! The room was beautiful and the customer service was impeccable! Very well done! The casino is great I felt like I was in Las Vegas! I will recommend this property to my friends and family and will definitely book a longer stay next time!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay, and will pass on your wonderful comments to our staff. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Melinda Vollmer, Guest Services Manager
The Sea Ranch, California
Reviewed 26 July 2012

This hotel is beautiful! Stayed in a Sky Suite that was absolutely wonderful. I enjoyed a beautiful sunset over the desert standing on the balcony from our suite on the top floor. The bed was extremely comfortable with nice comfy pillows. The bathroom mirror has a TV in the mirror! The decor was very tasteful with a Tuscan flair. The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. There is a gorgeous pool, outdoor ampitheater and casino. Several great restaurants to select from. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone!

Room Tip: I recommend a Sky Suite with a balcony!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank TerrysTours
Arizona
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Spent the weekend here for a 30th birthday celebration. Arrived during an Arizona monsoon storm where it was pouring, the Valet asked if we could pull the car out from under the cover because we had a lot of things due to my wife being the host of the party for the weekend. He said we were holding up the line and he told us we needed to unload in the rain...His supervisor overheard this and instructed him to go get a baggage cart and help us. You think they would have offered this to start. Besides this small distraction, I have nothing but good say about this resort. Casino was not too smokey and for a busy Saturday night you could usually find they table or machine you wanted with little or no waiting. We had some of the most amazing Sushi at An Del Sol which is located just off the Casino floor. Champagne brunch on Sunday left a lot to be desired, but it was only $5.00 as I got a coupon when signing up for the players card the day before. So after a few glasses of of bubbly, I got my moneys worth. "Soak" pool party on Sunday was a perfect place to do some good day drinking, that is until another storm decides to blow in. All in all a great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank x420timex
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed 24 July 2012

As a fellow hotelier in the gaming industry, I was thoroughly impressed with this property. We had gamed earlier in the week and enjoyed the experience, but we had made this trip to Arizona to get married and chose this hotel to do it. The bell staff in and out were polite, efficient and knowlegable. Both informed us of the property features and upcoming additions (golf course). We had the good fortune to stay in one of the Sky Suites which was a nicely appointed as most Vegas suites. Nice space and furnishings, more than ample bathroom, beautiful views and teh bed was quite relaxing.

We also had the chance to eat in the new buffet and the layout and variety was well thought out. Service was attentive as well. I want to make sure that I also give high markes to An, the sushi restaurant within the casino. It was fabulous. As good as the best sushi places I've ever experienced and the house specialties are worth trying.

I will return when I can stay longer in the hotel, but we have visited this casino when visiting the area several times over the last few years, and I really enjoy coming here.

Room Tip: The hotel is new so every room must be nice, views on one side of the hotel overlooks the complex an...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank shakey26
Burbank, California
Reviewed 10 July 2012

This is an absolutely beautiful establishment. The rooms are lovely and new and clean. Many restaurants to choose from on site. And a beautiful pool area. Obviously there is a casino also and they even have matched the sky at Caesars Palace Forum Shops.

Theres a good range of restaurants from the more elegant to a 24 hour restaurant. There's also a Starbucks on site.

The only thing that could use improving is the wait at the check in line. There never seemed to be enough people on staff .

Highly recommended !!

Room Tip: Room with a view of the pool.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family