“Great spot.”
Review of Casino Del Sol

Casino Del Sol
Ranked #9 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I have probably stayed at this property 20 - 25 times and am consistently impressed with the service and room quality. Any concerns or complaints I have had have been dealt with a timely and professional manner.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
MelindaGuestServMgr, Manager at Casino Del Sol, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

We are pleased and appreciate you being a frequent guest. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

My sister and I routinely go on little "spa getaway" trips. We live in Green Valley, just south of Tucson - so usually go to someplace in Tucson - lately to the Starr Pass Resort and Spa
Decided to try the new hotel at the Casino as well as the SPA

The hotel rooms are very nice - we had a room on the 7th floor - view of the pool area - nice marble bathroom - nice coffee maker in the room - with real coffee mugs (not paper cups)

There are several restaurants to choose from we ate both dinner and breakfast at the 24-hour "Mobys" - 50's theme - great hamburgers, milk-shakes (with real ice-cream, sundaes, etc0 - breakfast 24 hour a day - great prices ($6 for a breakfast burrito)..

The SPA experience was absolutely great - the prices here are literally one-half (yes one-half) of the SPA prices at the Starr Pass Resort Spa. Wonderful service. Yes - very small - so not as many amenities (as another poster has written) but everything nice new and clean. we have already planned out next get-away to here in May !!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

I am so pleased to learn you and your sister's "spa getaway" here at Casino Del Sol Resort was such a success. We look forward to seeing you in May!

Reviewed 11 January 2014

Booked one night but after walking the property we decided to stay two nights. Went to make the change at the front desk and it quick and easy as was the check in and check out. Rooms were quite roomy and nicely appointed, bed was comfy and nice linens. The food is not gourmet but certainly good and reasonably priced, the restaurants are clean and comfortable. I would certainly stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
MelindaGuestServMgr, Manager at Casino Del Sol, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

This was not the first time we went to spend New Years Eve in the Casino but with all the additions and the renovations it was a blast.... We had dinner in the Festa Buffet and for the special price of 30 dollars we were treated with prime rib, oysters on the half shell and a bounty of seafood! For more simple taste there was an array of pasta and pizza.... Last bit not least a splendid sushi buffet if that is what you like.... All crowned by an assortment of desserts and pastries.... And as a special treat Mariachis wandering from table to table...
Only very bad point is the smokers in the Casino! Come on management, let the smokers step outside if they really need the bad stuff, this is 2014!!

Room Tip: Go at 8 pm , less crowded! Too bad about the cigarette smoke in the Casino!!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

It sounds like you had a great New Year's Eve. We are so pleased you decided to spend it here with us at Casino Del Sol Resort. We hope to see you next New Year's Eve, if not sooner.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

Went to a nearly sold out comedy act, very good. It is a very nice facility however unlike Vegas the cigarette smoke is vey noticeable. The restaurants are reasonable and the food is good. The bar prices are also reasonable. If not for the large number of chain smokers I would visit and gamble more often.

Room Tip: Get a room on a higher level
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank TravelerFromPerth

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are pleased to learn you enjoyed the show and appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

My husband and I stayed here one night for his office Christmas party. The facility is beautiful. The beds were far too firm for my taste and I woke up quite sore. Also the walls are very thin and we could hear people talking all night.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. All feedback is important, and we appreciate sharing this with us.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

I booked a 2 night stay with casino del sol for $161.00 dollars a night two weeks prior to my stay there, two days after booking with them i went on Expedia.com and the same room was $142.00 they told me "to bad,you booked through us" fair enough . I went to the casino the first night and proceeded to lose $2600.00 the next day i dropped another $1000.00 and asked if maybe they could "comp" my room since i was donating so much to their cause i was told no .that night in the casino i put $100 into a $5 dollar slot machine i hit max bet for $25 and the reels spun and the screen went blank and was flashing "door open" i told the attendant and waited for the "Manager Mario" told him about jt he told me he would have to do an audit and would get back to me in the morning well he didn"t come to work so i told the manager my plans had changed and i needed to stay another night when i showed her my losses she agreed to let me have 1 night free i lost another $800.00 that day trying to win back a little of my money NO LUCK at checkout i was charged $367.00 PLUS $16.01 a day OCCUPANCY FEE and $13.00 for WI+ FI The BUFFET was STALE the restaurant MOBY,S was good no winners here JUST SAY NO

Room Tip: i didn't spend much time in my room i was trying to win back something anything all they did was...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

I am sorry to learn your stay with us was not a success. All feedback is important, and we
appreciate you taking the time to give us our feedback.