Obviously, the casino is much busier during the winter months. We stayed for a night during the "cusp" season of early spring.
As for the hotel, it's entirely serviceable. There are soda machines with reasonable prices at each floor, and room service (We didn't use it). Rooms are well appointed, with the latest technological items that welcome you to the room. Bathrooms are very nice with a better than average selection of items. Beds are comfortable, and there are large (40"+) flat screens in the rooms.
The casino has a number of playing areas. There is a large one in the back that was in fact, a bit smoky and a little older. But there were a lot of little smaller areas that were much more comfortable. Service was quick, but if you want alcohol, you might be better off getting it yourself.
Lots of food options. Steakhouse, Mexican, and a buffet, which to be frank, was average.
This property serves both visitors and locals, and as such, you'll have some of the locals around. I personally, like this, but apparently it's off-putting to some of the other reviewers. At no point during my stay did I feel uncomfortable or unsafe.
Overall, I thought this was a very comfortable property. I don't know if I'd make a separate trip to visit, but if I was in the area, I'd go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casino Del Sol, Spa and Conference Center is a Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star Resort and a Four-Diamond Triple AAA resort nestled in the secluded mesquites of the high desert; and just 15 minutes from Tucson International Airport and downtown Tucson. Includes: *Hiapsi Spa and Fitness Center, *Prema Lobby Lounge, *Festa International Buffet,*PY Steakhouse, *Ume Asian Cuisine Sushi Restaurant, *Expansive pool area featuring the Oasis Pool Bar, *High Limit Lounge, *Covered parking garage, *Various other restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Casino Del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casino Del Sol Hotel Tucson
- Casino Del Sol Tucson, Arizona