“Casino and Hotel very nice for the area”
Review of Casino Del Sol

Casino Del Sol
Ranked #9 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Obviously, the casino is much busier during the winter months. We stayed for a night during the "cusp" season of early spring.
As for the hotel, it's entirely serviceable. There are soda machines with reasonable prices at each floor, and room service (We didn't use it). Rooms are well appointed, with the latest technological items that welcome you to the room. Bathrooms are very nice with a better than average selection of items. Beds are comfortable, and there are large (40"+) flat screens in the rooms.
The casino has a number of playing areas. There is a large one in the back that was in fact, a bit smoky and a little older. But there were a lot of little smaller areas that were much more comfortable. Service was quick, but if you want alcohol, you might be better off getting it yourself.
Lots of food options. Steakhouse, Mexican, and a buffet, which to be frank, was average.

This property serves both visitors and locals, and as such, you'll have some of the locals around. I personally, like this, but apparently it's off-putting to some of the other reviewers. At no point during my stay did I feel uncomfortable or unsafe.

Overall, I thought this was a very comfortable property. I don't know if I'd make a separate trip to visit, but if I was in the area, I'd go back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JefferAlbuquerqueNM
MVollmer, Manager at Casino Del Sol, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are pleased we were able to hit the mark in so many areas for you. We hope to see you on your next visit to Tucson.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Nice property... Our room was large, clean and had a nice view. I thought the buffet was good , nothing fancy... but plenty of choices. I'm a big salad person and they had a beautiful salad bar... So I was happy. Yes they had smoking in the casino, most casinos do. I don't like smoke but did play in the casino some...I know and expect that in a casino. It was a fun overnight getaway. We had dinner at the Chinese/Japanese restaurant...wonderful meal! All the people at the front desk, seemed friendly and helpful!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for this nice review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay. Please come and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

This was our second time staying at Casino Del Sol and we enjoyed our stay just as much as we did 2 years ago. The rooms are very clean, with comfortable beds and pillows and very nicely furnished, only draw back no bathtub but a very nice shower. I recommend a room with a view of the pool. The pool by far is one of the nicest you will ever find, just beautiful, nice waterfalls and crystal clean, we loved it and the hot tub! We ate. At the buffet we though it was better than most buffets. The staff at the Hotel is outstanding. The people at front desk were great! You can't get an early check in but beside that they go out of their way to be helpful. Beatrice and Romondo really go above and beyond. All the staff are so friendly and kind. At Fiesta Buffett, Carmen was also so nice and gave us great service.

The Casino is the nicest and cleanest in Tucson. We won some and we lost some. It's not huge but still big enough. We had a great stay and would go back again.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher number floor with a view of the pool.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for this wonderful review. I will be sure to share your kind comments with Team Members Carmen, Beatrice and Raymundo.

Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

Casino hotel part was nice but the service in the py steakhouse was absolutely terrible. We waited for more than 15 mins and didn't even get waited on. We got up and just left. I wouldn't recommend this restaurant to anyone for how expensive it is you should at least get some acknowledgement for being there.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Travel1129
MVollmer, Manager at Casino Del Sol, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

You are right, a guest should not have to wait for more than 15 minutes. I apologize for the inconvenience this caused you and hope you will give us another chance in the future to offer our normal great PY Steakhouse service. Thank you for taking the time to write this email.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

This property is really lovely. Large room, beautiful finishings, palatial pool area. The small casino was attractive but didn't want to pay us. :-) We ate at the buffet - free for joining their players club - and it was just fine. All staff was kind. A really nice get away.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
MVollmer, Manager at Casino Del Sol, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. Please come and see us on your next get-away!

Reviewed 29 March 2014

I arrived early to check in as I called ahead to ask for an early check in." Not possible was their response. Check back later in the day".. ok then , six hours later and still no rooms available. Finally about 3:45 they had a room available. Phew! The rooms are so clean and decorated very well. Loved the entire room from the beds to the great shower. If you hate cigarette smoke, you will absolutely be disappointed by the lack of ventilation , trust me , it is so, so bad. I feel like I am still smelling smoke. The pool is awesome, clean and so much fun. Hot tubs are great! The entire pool area is perfect! I went to the spa two days in a row and it was fantastic! We did eat in the buffet, it was just ok. We had breakfast each day at the diner called Mobley's ( or something close to that) great food, very inexpensive and worth it. The mexican themed resturant was closed every day we were there for some unknown reason. Chinese restaurant was really tasty! Overall, the staff is very kind to all of the guests. If you wish to check out later than 11:00 am there will be a $25.00 per hour charge to your account. Just beware. We would certainly return to the Casino Del Sol.. hopefully by that time there will be a non-smoking section added to the resort! Also, please be aware that this is not the best or safest location in Tucson, the road leading to the resort is full of traffic and we saw many accidents. Do not travel alone at night if you can help it. We were very surprised to find out this area to and from the airport and resort is a high crime area. We did, however feel safe once we were inside the resort. You will find it very nice and you will love the pool!

Room Tip: ask for a view , but do not expect to check in a minute early...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your very informative review. We appreciate all feedback. We are pleased we were able to hit the mark in so many areas and hope you will return soon.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

We have traveled a lot and stayed at many hotels, motels, and resort-style properties. This hotel wants to be your Indian gaming casino destination, and it almost makes the grade. It has a beautiful pool area with a water feature, but doesn't allow guests to bring their own bottle of water or snack(even if purchased at the hotel) down to the pool deck. You can only eat/drink from the pool snack bar. Ok now to the hotel, it has beautiful rooms, and they are very clean.The casino layout is confusing for the Hotel guests, I was there for 3-4 hours before I realized that the main casino was located on the farthest corner away from the hotel. I had been gambling in a small hotel lobby area. The Players club was so nice, they gave us a free buffet and $ 10 of gaming money. Ok, now the buffet- PLEASE DO NOT EAT AT THE BUFFET! the food was terrible, in fact I feared for my intestinal tract. So if you want to gamble, first check a map, if you want to go to the pool, don't bring any outside food, If you want to eat the free buffet offered, DON'T!!. NO BREAKFAST OFFERED.

Room Tip: Rooms facing pool are great.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate and take all feedback seriously. Again, thank you for the review.