Casino Del Sol
Comfort Suites at Sabino Canyon(Tucson)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$82
US$193
US$173
Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites(Tucson)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$276
US$256
US$272
US$264
All reviewspy steakhousegolf coursetequila factoryfesta buffetsky levelkeurig coffee makerpool arearooms are beautifulbeautiful resorthotel staffnon smokingtucson areaumeyaquispabingodesert
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I have always enjoyed my times at the Casino Del Sol spa. I recently had a massage that was fantastic. But booking was an issue. I called, no answer, left a message, no call back, so decided to call again a few days later. Ashley was the receptionist who helped me. Unfortunately, she was unfriendly and seemed to have become frustrated as we were juggling times of the services I was seeking. She was not helpful in finding a solution that would allow the booking of multiple services.

As the day approached, it was Ashley working as the receptionist, and again she was not personable or real friendly. Perhaps, I expected too much when I thought being greeted with a smile was the norm.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank VanessaQ455
MVollmer, Manager at Casino Del Sol, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Please allow me to apologize for the lack of service you received at our Hiapsi Spa. We always want to ensure our guests have a pleasant and relaxing experience while at the spa, and it sounds like we missed the mark in this case. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience you experienced.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

First off let me say that the hotel is beautiful. The maid was excellent and the staff was courteous and friendly. I want to mention one thing that was a nuisance: The pool wrist bands. Here's a solution: For hotel guests with valid reservations and rooms, give them the different colored wrist bands for each day at CHECK IN because going to the counter each day to stand in line wasn't pleasant. The maids could easily deliver them to the rooms. Or, you need a room key to access the pool. Simple, and keep riff-raff out.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank James M

Thank you for your kind comments about the hotel and our very hardworking housekeepers. Also, we appreciate your suggestions about the wristbands for the pool. We are always trying to improve our guests' experience, and your feedback is very helpful.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Clean and spacious rooms at an affordable price. I only wish there were more options for breakfast than Moby's restaurant. It wasn't bad food but not great. An's Japanese restaurant was a 5 on a scale of 1-10, 10 being great. I would rate Moby's a 5 as well. Beautiful pool but too many kids! It was closed early on night of 5/31/14 we suspect due to a kid pooping in it. We recommend that the main pool be for adults 18+ and they build a separate water/pool are for kids in another location. Other than that, we felt like it was great customer service and rooms were nice and also a great price.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank VFelty

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here at Casino Del Sol Resort. It sounds like we scored well at the hotel, but not so well in the food and beverage department. We do occasionally have an issue that arises where we have to close the pool, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Just returned from a nice weekend at this resort.Just a few things I noticed.The place was clean,the smokey casino thing really didn't seem that bad.I'm a non smoker also, and the casino smoke seemed on par with most casinos in vegas I've visited.The staff was very friendly,some restaurant staff seemed to be in a coma,but overall nice people.Room was nice,updated,and the kuerig in the room was nice..Ate at the tequila factory,and PY steakhouse.The taquila factory was probably the worst Mexican food I've eaten in a very long time.It was inedible.The rice was a mushy paste consistency and the refried beans were a strange neon yellowish color.Chicken was old and everything is out of a can.Yes it's inexpensive,but I'd rather pay more money and get quality stuff.Steakhouse on other hand was amazing,great steak,great service,and a very comfortable dining room.Went to gallaghers in vegas couple month ago and PY blew it away,at a better price!Ok the pool.well the pool is beautiful,oasis pool bar very good.That is where it ends.The music they play in the pool area, is barely audible and needs to be turned up a little.The pool is over run with kids with every pool toy known to man floating around.As an adult you could barely make your way in.Footballs wizzing by your head,beach balls bouncing off your head,running on the deck.I could not believe how laid back the rules were.I also have kids so I don't mind them,but this was chaos.Very,very few adults ventured in.A separate kids pool,or at the very least a no pool toy,running on deck policy,(which is pretty standard) would help much.Even if only from a liability,safety standpoint.Just an observation also,but I didn't see very many kids walking to the rest room with mom or dad for many hours we were there,which tells me one thing!yuk!The water was incredibly cloudy and murky.All in all, it was a decent trip,and we would probably return since we are in the Phoenix area anyway.We did not gamble so I can't comment on that.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dan174

I was pleased to learn you enjoyed much of your stay with us, but do apologize for missing the mark in several areas. We take all feedback from our guests seriously, and continually work on giving our guests Four-Star service. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We stay here whenever we are in Tucson and have never been disappointed. The staff is very friendly and efficient and really go out of their way for us. We enjoy the casino and the rooms have always been comfortable with a "welcome" on the tv screen. We have enjoyed the food - especially the Tequilla Factory, Festa Buffet and Moby's. We certainly recommend this place and will definitely be back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. We appreciate that you would recommend Casino Del Sol Resort, and that you will be coming back. We hope to see you soon.