Wife and I stayed at the Casino Del Sol last night for her birthday - a chance to get away for a night. We don't gamble but intended to do it for the pool, food and lounges. It was a great choice. The pool bar is called The Oasis Bar and is aptly names. The design of the pool and landscaping made us feel like we were at an oasis in the middle of the desert. I guess literally we were. There are many different restaurants in the Casino from casual to formal as well as a variety of cuisines. The food on the buffet looked great but the atmosphere has more of a cafeteria feel to it. We wanted sit-down service. We chose to eat at Ume, a contemporary Chinese restaurant. We checked the menu before going in and it had many appealing choices. Unfortunately after being seated we sat for about 10 minutes with not a single server stopping at our table so we left. This is our only negative experience at the Casino and decided not to lower our rating because of it. We notified the hostess as we left about our experience and we could tell she was quite embarrassed and apologetic. So, we chose the Tequila Factory and had the Mexican buffet. More than filling.
One of the things that we were extremely impressed with is minimal cigarette smoke smell. Neither one of us are smokers (any more) and hate trying to eat in a place where smoke is wafting around you. We've been in a couple other casinos and are turned off by the heavy smell of stale cigarette smoke. While you certainly smell some cigarette smoke in Casino Del Sol it's not overpowering and all the restaurants were enclosed enough so you couldn't smell it while you ate..
We did not attend the show and tried just a couple of slot machines just to say we did. All staff was very friendly and attentive when we had questions. Our room was extremely clean and up to date. Felt like we were in a new hotel. The bed was very comfortable. Keurig coffee maker in every room.
Overall we really enjoyed our night at Casino Del Sol and highly recommend it. We will do this again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casino Del Sol Resort, Spa and Conference Center is a Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star Resort and a Four-Diamond Triple AAA resort nestled in the secluded mesquites of the high desert; and just 15 minutes from Tucson International Airport and downtown Tucson. Includes: *Hiapsi Spa and Fitness Center*Prema Lobby Lounge*Festa International Buffet*PY Steakhouse*Ume Asian Cuisine Sushi Restaurant*Expansive pool area featuring the Oasis Pool Bar*High Limit Lounge*Covered parking garage*Various other restaurants ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Ebookers, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Casino Del Sol Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casino Del Sol Hotel Tucson
- Casino Del Sol Resort Tucson, Arizona