“Wonderful place!”

Ranked #9 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Leland, North Carolina
“Wonderful place!”
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay. The check in was quick and friendly. The room was amazing. The pool area was wonderful and my whole family had a great time. We didn't want to leave. We will definitely make this out stay when we are in the area in the future!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank jjacobsen250
MVollmer, Manager at Casino Del Sol Resort, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
I am so glad you and your family had such a wonderful time here at Casino Del Sol Resort. We are pleased you plan on returning when you are in the area. We look forward to your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
TUCSON
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed for the 4th of July, room was on the 3rd floor facing South. It over looked the pool and in the distance the golf course. The view was great to say the least. The room appointments were top drawer. As good as any of the major hotels that we have stay around the country. We had dinner at the buffet, food has plentiful and the variety was very rewarding. The desserts were really great. The staff was very attentive and kept the water glasses filled. I would rate the hotel with some of the best that Tucson has to offer. We would plan another weekend there with our a doubt.

Room Tip: Ask for the upper floors facing south, overlooking the pool, the golf course and the open desert
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We do have amazing views. We look forward to your next weekend here with us.
Reviewed 7 July 2014

WOW, this was the third time I stayed at Casino del Sol, and was very much impressed with the customer service I received from the staff this time. The lady at the front desk was super helpful and nice! I had to make some changes to my registration and she truly went out of her way. Room super clean and it seem as all the bedding was brand new. Truly enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Our Team Members work very hard to ensure our guests have a good stay with us, and it sounds like they were able to do that for you. Thank you for taking the time to write this review.
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Very nice casino/hotel. Room was clean, staff was very helpful, beds very comfortable. Arrived earlier than check-in time and room was available. Enjoyed swimming pool. Enjoyed the firework display. My only concern is the decking around the swimming pool. It was built using concrete pavers which get extremely hot and can burn your feet when going in or coming out of the pool. Cool decking should have been used. I did not expect the decking to be so hot and had to rush back to put my flip flops on. I saw several children crying and adults rushing to get away from the hot tiles. I feel this is a real hazard and should be looked into and taken care of before someone suffers sever buns. Since the hot tiles is not expected around a pool, there should be a sign posted warning sunbathers. Another area that needs improvement is Mobey's Restaurant. The food is good and the wait staff is very friendly. We were seated right away and had to wait an hour to receive our food. I did complain to the cashier and they did give me a discount. Other than that we had a great time and would stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Josie C
MVollmer, Manager at Casino Del Sol Resort, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
I am pleased you enjoyed your stay here with us and plan to return. I am sorry to learn of your concerns with Moby’s Restaurant and the pool area. I will share both your comments with the appropriate departments. Thank you for taking the time to write this review.
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I received a mailer from Casino Del Sol and I just put it away like any other piece of third class mail. A few days later I began to page through that little booklet and began to read the offers in it. I couldn't believe they would give me two free nights at their Casino Hotel so I called and they said it was true. I made reservations and took my family there and oh what a pleasant suprise. The double room was, well let's just say, wonderful, clean and the view was so Southwestern. As a retired service member, I didn't even have to ask if they offered discounts at Moby's or Starbucks and others, I guess it was my hat. ALL the staff were professional, helpful and informative. I travel a lot and this gem in the desert in my home town is worth anyones time to visit. Hey, check out the pool as well, I didn't know that you don't have to leave Tucson to have this fabulous resort in my own back yard. I used to golf and may get back into it because they have a nice golf course as well. I'll certainly be back. I call it my family's local vacation center.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jack B
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. It is especially nice coming from someone who has stayed at so many resorts. I will definitely share your comment about the buffet with that department. Again, thank you for the great review.
Tucson
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This was the nicest casino/hotel I have ever stayed at for less than a 100 dollars and I have stayed at many Las Vegas so called "resorts" and hotels in Laughlin. Everything was very clean and modern, with hookups for everything - even your Ipods. The casino itself is quite large for a local Indian casino with plenty of card tables and slots to choose from. I would have given this place 5 stars but the buffet is way overpriced and tries too hard to be a luxurious Vegas buffet, which it falls way short of. Also, you may want to go early or very late on the weekdays, because this place is always packed. By the way, if you like high paying Bingo, this place is probably one of the best in the United States.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank johnboy72
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. I apologize for the wait you had at the buffet, and will share your concern with them.
Sahuarita, United States
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Wife and I stayed at the Casino Del Sol last night for her birthday - a chance to get away for a night. We don't gamble but intended to do it for the pool, food and lounges. It was a great choice. The pool bar is called The Oasis Bar and is aptly names. The design of the pool and landscaping made us feel like we were at an oasis in the middle of the desert. I guess literally we were. There are many different restaurants in the Casino from casual to formal as well as a variety of cuisines. The food on the buffet looked great but the atmosphere has more of a cafeteria feel to it. We wanted sit-down service. We chose to eat at Ume, a contemporary Chinese restaurant. We checked the menu before going in and it had many appealing choices. Unfortunately after being seated we sat for about 10 minutes with not a single server stopping at our table so we left. This is our only negative experience at the Casino and decided not to lower our rating because of it. We notified the hostess as we left about our experience and we could tell she was quite embarrassed and apologetic. So, we chose the Tequila Factory and had the Mexican buffet. More than filling.

One of the things that we were extremely impressed with is minimal cigarette smoke smell. Neither one of us are smokers (any more) and hate trying to eat in a place where smoke is wafting around you. We've been in a couple other casinos and are turned off by the heavy smell of stale cigarette smoke. While you certainly smell some cigarette smoke in Casino Del Sol it's not overpowering and all the restaurants were enclosed enough so you couldn't smell it while you ate..

We did not attend the show and tried just a couple of slot machines just to say we did. All staff was very friendly and attentive when we had questions. Our room was extremely clean and up to date. Felt like we were in a new hotel. The bed was very comfortable. Keurig coffee maker in every room.

Overall we really enjoyed our night at Casino Del Sol and highly recommend it. We will do this again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
I am pleased you felt Casino Del Sol Resort was a great choice for your get-away. Like the hostess you spoke to, I must apologize for the wait time you experienced. Thank you for taking the time to write this review.