This motel needs to be torn down and rebuilt. It is dirty and rundown. We were planning to make the best of it and spend as much time away as possible before the roach encounter. While getting ready for bed our first of two nights my son spotted a HUGE cockroach on the wall above the bed. I called the front desk for help removing it and a guy showed up with a can of roach poison and a broom. He sprayed the cockroach which fell on to the floor and then ran up the bed and across the pillows. It was lost for awhile but eventually showed up and the guy sprayed it more and hit it with the broom. He put it in the dustpan and then proceeded to spray all around the door. He then offered to another room and took us to see it. While there I asked if the motel was having a general roach problem. He did not answer but proceeded to spray poison all around the door to the "new" room. One of my boys has asthma and is sensitive to toxins. The insecticide was likely to be worse than the roach but the motel staff did not ask if it was okay to spray poison before doing it. There was no way I was going to stay there and expose myself and kids to the bug poison and possible cockroach infestation. The most unbelievable and detestable part of the story is that the motel manager refused to give a full refund. I had to find a new motel at 10pm and he insisted that I pay half the first night. HORRIBLE SERVICE on top of a disgusting experience!!!
We found a cockroach in the room the hotel did not seem to care or tried to comp our room, the pool was not in good condition, there was bird dropping near and around the pool area, they refused to clean it up, the rooms are run down and they hold a major event there every year, Very bad hotel I will never be back.