“Mixed Bag at this Days Inn”

Days Inn Tucson Convention Center
Days Inn Tucson Convention Center
Ranked #114 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
Evansville, IN
“Mixed Bag at this Days Inn”
Reviewed 5 May 2006

This Days Inn is a real mixed bag of plusses and minuses, advantages and disadvantages. The biggest disadvantage is the noise from adjacent rooms. (I've read that criticism in other traveler reviews of this motel, too.) During my recent stay in Jan. 2006, I could easily hear what went on in the room next door to me, and in the room above me. Another possible disadvantage is the location. Advertising Tucson Convention Center gives you the impression that you're close to lots of action, close to the hustle and bustle of the city. Not so - although this Days Inn is just a few blocks from downtown Tucson and the Convention Center, it's also in a somewhat isolated location, right on the edge of the downtown area and a not-so-good neighborhood. (One review I've read classified the area as "scary.") But the biggest advantage of this Days Inn is price. I got a room for $35/night, and I found the room to be modern and clean. For such a low price, I noticed that the clientele here was a notch above the "roughness" of some of the people you see staying at Motel 6. The motel also features a free continental breakfast, so you can save a few more dollars if price is a concern for you. Thirdly, I found the front desk staff to be very efficient and courteous. With gas and airfares on the rise, low price will bring me back to this motel when I vacation in Tucson, and I'll just continue to pack my earplugs for the noise and keep my inner "radar" on to stay on the lookout for what goes on around me when I stay here.

Stayed January 2006
2 Thank rblackmansrb

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
san diego
Reviewed 22 December 2005

Usually had good luck with Days Inn. So, the inexpensive room I saw advertised on hotels.com--$42 a nite at the Days Inn near the Convention Center in downtown Tucson--got my attention.

Big mistake. The best thing about the place is packing up and leaving it.

The room was clean and had decent appointments. But the walls in that place--and the ceiling-- are a joke. Not only do they not stop the sound of voices and television sets, they seem to vibrate and intensive the noise coming from the guy pacing back and forth upstairs and the moronic couple next door who let the tv run until 3 a.m. in the morning.

At sunrise, having had very little sleep, it sure was nice to get into a quiet car and take a nap. Wish I'd spent $46 for a room where sleep was possible.

3 Thank repeatcustomer
Adirondack Mountains of NY
Reviewed 5 March 2005

This was by far the worst place that we stayed in on a recent 10 night vacation in AZ and UT. I even took pictures of it and complained to the front desk to let them know about the less than standard conditions in the room. The walkway from one building to another is not even safe. The timbers holding it up are rotted on the ends where the bolts go through and it looks ready to give way at any moment! I was given $20 off from the $55 that I was charged but with the condition of the room, it should have been FREE! We had driven all day before checking in so I was in no shape to look for another place at midnight or I would have NEVER stayed in the place! I would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed February 2005