“Do not stay here!!!”

The Golf Villas at Oro Valley
Ranked #81 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 8 April 2010

First day, shower heads were not working. We asked for a different unit which they could not do without moving us 3 or 4 times during our 11 day stay. They agreed to fix the shower heads. We also requested that they do a better job of cleaning as unit was very dusty & carpets were very soiled. Shower heads were replaced , but no cleaning was done. Fourth day we stripped the beds in hopes of clean bedding, which we got. It was a chore to get into the unit as the key lock would stick (worked the opposite way up instead of down). The bedspreads & pillow shams were very soiled, & smelled so bad we aired them on the deck every night & finally just put them in the extra closet & shut the door. Furniture was very soiled & we opted to sit on towels to protect our clothing. Drapery very dirty (food stained). Kitchen full of grease. We had guest come w/ small children & could not let them play on floor (very dirty carpets) . Close to the end of our visit the kitchen faucet fell apart. To sum it up the bedding only got changed once in 11 days. Towels replaced everyday, trash emptied everyday. Vacuumed once, because we set the vacuum in the entry. The best thing is the day we left!!!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pirt2010

Reviewed 29 November 2009

The hotel bumped us from a three bedroom. The pool was ice cold. The microwave didn't work. The walls and curtains looked like a bad party had ended the night before.
The housekeeping was inadequate and when we asked for more towels, they were left outside our unit in the dirt. The bill was wrong and it took a half hour to reconcile. Other residents woke us at 3 a.m. All in all, a poor experience. We have stayed at Golf Villas over the last 5 years and the units/management are just getting worse with each year.
We will not be back.

Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 November 2009

While searching for a place to stay while visiting Tucson for my sons wedding, I found this place. We don't golf so I almost didn't check it out. Why would you want to stay at golf villas? Well, after reading about it and checking the pictures, I was very interested in staying there. The price really made my decision final. When we got there I was amazed. It was really all they said at the web site. The rooms are beautiful with a fireplace in the living room and nice decor. There are huge walk in closets in the bedrooms. And the bathroom off the masterbedroom was great with a beautiful vanity mirror attached to the wall with a long arm, not that you would need it with the huge mirror that ran the whole wall behind the huge sink. There is a nice balcony that overlooks the golf course with an entrance to it from the bedroom and the living room. There is also a laundry area with a washer and dryer right off the bedroom. The pool is beautiful with a stream of water coming off the roof and going into it. That is the only area outside we used as I said we don't golf and were busy with the wedding. We have stayed at quite a few places on the east coast and down south and those places can't even compare to this place.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank jbunker
Reviewed 23 October 2009

We found the Golf Villas by accident. We stayed one night over Memorial Weekend and just love it. Came back again the 4th of July and stayed two nights. The first visit we had a one bedroom condo that was just great. Great views and it felt like home. The second visit we got a 2 bedroom condo that was also exceptional. My daughter and husband went this time and they could hardly wait for the next trip. Oro Valley is the north part of Tucson and we traveled all areas of Tucson and it never took us anymore then 15-20 to get anywhere. It is great because it is in a residential neighbor hood on a golf course and you would swear it was a home. It is only 2 miles to downtown Oro Valley and has every kind of store and restaurant you could ever want. We are going back for my birthday in December and I'm sure we will make more trips back in the future also.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Weekendtraveler997
Reviewed 20 October 2009

WOW! What more can I say? The one bedroom villa was wonderful and the sunrise views simply breath taking! The front desk people were eager to help. We had a daily cleaning with fresh sheets and towels. The full kitchen was a plus and the whirl pool bathtub! WOW! We will definatly stay there again and again!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank averyfamily3
Reviewed 11 October 2009

Ok, we got there late because we drove to Tucson and the wife just had to visit Tombstone first...(what a tourist trap...I'll bet Wyatt is rolling in his grave; you gotta love the "Cowboys" with "Made in China" cap guns)...anyway, upon arrival the wife and I were treated like royalty by the staff at the Golf Villas. We had booked a single bedroom condo & they upgraded us to a two bedroom, 1,145 sq. ft., condo because they had sold out of the one bedrooms. It was great, the condo was sparkling clean, all the bathroom amenities and needs, kitchen goods, we even cooked a pasta supper with cheese and wine as all the pans, vessels, etc...were there for our use. (I have stayed at other condos all over the place where you really got only the bare necessities; but not at this place!). The golf channel automatically comes on the TV when you turn it on, and here is a HUGE tip...get a two story condo located down the hill by the swimming pool. This area is very secluded, is literally overlooking I think # 17 on the Canada (Can-Ya-Da) course, and you can sit out on the balcony in the late afternoon watching the golfers try not to hit their approach in the water. The beds are extremely comfortable, many large pillows, and both the master bedroom and the living room opens thru sliding doors onto the large balcony. Before I forget; the pool area has a hot tub along with several gas grills for cooking steaks and shrimp.... Further; the closets were really big; all walk in type, with plenty of room and shelves for luggage, hanging clothes, etc...We booked a round of golf with these folks and we played across the street at El Conquistador
Country Club - Canada course. Really a great course with OUTSTANDING Arizona mountain drop scenery. Big ol saguaro cactus are everywhere as this golf course winds thru canyons...just beautiful. The condos took care of everything; getting us a tee time, setting it, and providing all the info when you check in. Be aware that you have to drive over to the club house as it is across a busy street and down the hill about 100 yards; no way to walk or go get a cart. But when you drive up to the club drop area; bag boys are on hand to help you the entire way. Also, something that is not advertised; when you book a tee time thru the Condos; then you automatically get 20% discount at the pro-shop at El Conquistador. We stayed 4 days at the Villas; (you also have tennis privileges at El Conquistador as well when you are staying at the Villas), and we played tennis over there several times. (By the way, there is a large shopping center only about 1/10th of a mile south of the Villas that has a Walgreen's Pharmacy, Fry's Grocery Foods, Sporting Goods store, and about 50 other stores) At check out of the Villas; we were treated with the same attitude as when we checked into the condo. Just great people and we will be back next year for sure. My wife and I had absolutely no complaints except that we had to leave to go back to work in Obamaland but we will be back!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CactusGolf
Reviewed 24 September 2009

My husband, toddler, and I stayed at The Golf Villas from 9/17 - 9/20. We typically stay at the Westin La Paloma when in Tucson, but decided to save some money and try this place. I have to admit $63 per night for an 1,145 sq. ft. 2-bdr villa had me a little skeptical but figured if we weren't happy we could easily leave and stay somewhere else. Well, I have to say I was extremely pleased with the villa and the service. I needed a Pack N' Play for my son and they brought one to me right away at no charge. My husband is a stickler about having clean air filters and requested they have ours replaced and someone was there with new filters within 15 minutes. There were televisions and DVD players in all the rooms so my son was able to view his movies or watch the Disney channel. It was nice being able to do laundry while we were there so it was one less thing to do when I got home. We really enjoyed the patio and would have our morning coffee outside overlooking the golf course and beautiful mountain views. We were very pleased and would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank BREAZA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tucson
Embassy Suites by Hilton Tucson Paloma Village
Holiday Inn Express Oro Valley - Tucson North
El Conquistador Tucson, a Hilton Resort
Omni Tucson National Resort
Starr Pass Golf Suites
Starr Pass Golf Suites
#66 of 129 in Tucson
Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort

Been to The Golf Villas at Oro Valley? Share your experiences!