“One of my best stays in my 3 week roadtrip”

The Golf Villas at Oro Valley
Ranked #77 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 27 July 2010

Well, this place sure matches my expectations, got a very nice room overlooking the golf course and swimming pool, and this three bedroom (free upgrade, used only 1 bedroom) condo had everything i needed, really enjoyed my stay here, and was glad to live in this part of town and not down in tuscon itselfs, which is a 15 minute drive...
If i ever stay again in this area this would be my choice....
I think tuscon is a nice city to visit....so much options.....

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bergen74

Reviewed 4 July 2010

I stayed at the Golf Villas at Oro Valley for a three day business trip at the end of June. I have to admit I was a little wary at first, as the rate was only $71/night for a one bedroom condo, (lower than many of the hotels in the area), but for the price and the size (over 800 sq ft) I decided to give it a try. I love to eat in after a long day at work, so the idea of a full kitchen, plus all the extra room, washer and dryer, and nice sized patio, I figured it couldn't be too bad.

I was pleasantly surprised upon check in - seamless process and friendly staff - and the room was fantastic. Lots of room, big closet, and exactly as promised on the website. There would have been plenty of room for a couple to share the room.

After settling in, I did discover a few small issues - no light bulbs in the living room lamp or shower, and the curtains in the dining area fell down when I tried to open them. However, these were immediately fixed with a note left for housekeeping.

The pool area was small, but seemed adequate, and the fitness center was impressive - the equipment was much better than many of the chain hotels I have frequented. Staff was very helpful and had good recommendations for dinner.

Couple of items for the wish list - free wi-fi would be nice. I believe it was $7.95/day for the available connection. Also would be nice to have a few more items available in the kitchen. (measuring cups, more cooking pans, etc)

Overall, I would definitely recommend the Golf Villas to anyone traveling to Oro Valley or the north Tucson area - for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 June 2010

My husband,children (ages 10 and 3) and I drove here from Peoria Az. When we arrived we were upgraded from a 1 bedroom to a 3 bedroom. This was a very nice surprise. The apartment was very clean and spacious. It had all the appliances you would need just as if you were living there. We could tell that we were located in a very nice part of town, close to shopping, dining and entertainment. We were close by to the pools and went swimming every night with our children. We were located right on the golf course with a beautiful view of the pond and mountains. We were amazed by the property and the rooms because we received such a wonderful rate. I would definately stay here again in a heartbeat, it would be a no brainer.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2010

This was our first attempt at self-catering in the USA and, although it was only for 4 nights, it did have an effect on our holiday budget. Not only did we get a superb 1 bedroom fully equipped apartment, but we eat well courtesy of Trader Joe's. We still had a couple of meals out - he incomparable Guadalajara Grill and the traditional steak dinner at Chads - but having breakfast, a snack lunch and a dinner or two "at home" made a real money difference.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cmeast
Reviewed 19 April 2010

We just stayed here for five nights and were very happy overall. Great value for the price. Just know you are NOT close to downtown--expect a drive of 20 mins+. Unit was very clean except for the bathroom which could have used a little extra sweeping--the units show their age in the bathroom. The linens were very clean and maid service did a nice tidy every day. Kitchen stocked with cooking essentials. Views are spectacular.

You do have access to the El Conquistidor Country Club across the way which has a much nicer gym and pool area as well.

**Request a unit on the second floor. You upstairs neighbor can be heard at all times. Additionally traffic on the stairs outside the unit is quite loud.
**Internet is only free in the club house. Costs about $7 a day in the room.

I would have to say 5 stars for value, 3.5 for quality of resort. Would recommend and would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2010

We just spent one week at the golf villas and were pleasantly surprised how nice the accomodations were. We were in a two bedroom/two bath and the room was like a small apartment. Our package included golf everyday, which we loved. The course was close by, right across the street and there was 36 holes there to play. We were in Oro Valley which is a very nice part of Tucson. Many restaurants and hiking spots were close by. We loved the trip and would stay there again, we actually extended our trip once we were there. The only downside was the pool area was small and there were many kids playing "marco polo" which becomes mundane after an hour.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 April 2010

First day, shower heads were not working. We asked for a different unit which they could not do without moving us 3 or 4 times during our 11 day stay. They agreed to fix the shower heads. We also requested that they do a better job of cleaning as unit was very dusty & carpets were very soiled. Shower heads were replaced , but no cleaning was done. Fourth day we stripped the beds in hopes of clean bedding, which we got. It was a chore to get into the unit as the key lock would stick (worked the opposite way up instead of down). The bedspreads & pillow shams were very soiled, & smelled so bad we aired them on the deck every night & finally just put them in the extra closet & shut the door. Furniture was very soiled & we opted to sit on towels to protect our clothing. Drapery very dirty (food stained). Kitchen full of grease. We had guest come w/ small children & could not let them play on floor (very dirty carpets) . Close to the end of our visit the kitchen faucet fell apart. To sum it up the bedding only got changed once in 11 days. Towels replaced everyday, trash emptied everyday. Vacuumed once, because we set the vacuum in the entry. The best thing is the day we left!!!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple